Nfl free agency/trades/draft thread

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
some real exciting moves. Jordy Nelson cut, Richard Sherman signs with the 49ers, Suh cut, Sammy Watkins signs with the Chiefs, Landry traded to the Browns, my Bills move up to 12th in the draft (they’re probably going to move up more because they have a ton of picks, Cousins signs with the Vikings. I can’t remember an NFL off season this exciting

Malcom Butler just signed with the Titian’s. Dang I wanted him

some real exciting moves. Jordy Nelson cut, Richard Sherman signs with the 49ers, Suh cut, Sammy Watkins signs with the Chiefs, Landry traded to the Browns, my Bills move up to 12th in the draft (they’re probably going to move up more because they have a ton of picks, Cousins signs with the Vikings. I can’t remember an NFL off season this exciting

This seems like a very eventful offseason. I know that some of that could be a biased view because I am a 49ers fan, but still, a lot of high profile moves.

The Cards are looking to sign Sam Bradford to a 1 year, $20 million deal. The Pack cut Nelson, but are signing Jimmy Graham. Teddy Bridgewater is working on a deal with the Jets. Allen Robinson is set to sign with the Bears on a big 3 year deal. Amendola is going to the Dolphins. Paul Richardson is getting a big deal from the Skins. So much going on!

This seems like a very eventful offseason. I know that some of that could be a biased view because I am a 49ers fan, but still, a lot of high profile moves.

The Cards are looking to sign Sam Bradford to a 1 year, $20 million deal. The Pack cut Nelson, but are signing Jimmy Graham. Teddy Bridgewater is working on a deal with the Jets. Allen Robinson is set to sign with the Bears on a big 3 year deal. Amendola is going to the Dolphins. Paul Richardson is getting a big deal from the Skins. So much going on!

The jets just resigned McCown for 10 million, promising him the starting job. I’m not sure if they still get Bridgewater now. I hope they do, because that would mean they’re probably not drafting a QB

The jets just resigned McCown for 10 million, promising him the starting job. I’m not sure if they still get Bridgewater now. I hope they do, because that would mean they’re probably not drafting a QB

The Bills need to find a QB, and hope whoever is calling the offensive plays can get something done in the passing game. They seem like a team that just needs a bit of an offensive bump to become a playoff threat.

Last edited:

The Bills need to find a QB, and hope whoever is calling the offensive plays can get something done in the passing game. The seem like a team that just needs a bit of an offensive bump to become a playoff threat.

For sure. I hope we trade the 12th and 22nd pick in the first round and the Browns third rounder we own to the Giants and move up to the second pick. Where personally I would select Josh Rosen.

What has he done to merit that type of contract?

What has anyone done? Hell, I don't think Tom Brady should get a fully guaranteed contract.

In other news, apparently the 49ers are looking to make Jerrick McKinnon their #1 RB, with a 4 year, $30 million deal. What? The guy has never been a starter for a full season. I get that he might fit the mold for a Shanahan back, but I hope the contract is incentive-based. Carlos Hyde is apparently going to Cleveland, and his deal is only supposed to be 3 years, $15 million.

Nate Solder is set to become the highest paid offensive lineman in football. The Giants are signing him to a 4 year, $62 million contract with $35 million guaranteed.

What has anyone done? Hell, I don't think Tom Brady should get a fully guaranteed contract.

In other news, apparently the 49ers are looking to make Jerrick McKinnon their #1 RB, with a 4 year, $30 million deal. What? The guy has never been a starter for a full season. I get that he might fit the mold for a Shanahan back, but I hope the contract is incentive-based. Carlos Hyde is apparently going to Cleveland, and his deal is only supposed to be 3 years, $15 million.

Nate Solder is set to become the highest paid offensive lineman in football. The Giants are signing him to a 4 year, $62 million contract with $35 million guaranteed.
Ya, my Browns made some moves maybe they will actually win a couple this year

It's crazy how long the Browns have been bad. They have had some good players and just never seem to have things click. I would like to see them improve, although I'm not a particular fan of the team; I just don't like a team to be that bad for that long, except when it was the Bucs back in the creamiscle uniform days. :lol:

It's crazy how long the Browns have been bad. They have had some good players and just never seem to have things click. I would like to see them improve, although I'm not a particular fan of the team; I just don't like a team to be that bad for that long, except when it was the Bucs back in the creamiscle uniform days. :lol:
It has been a tough couple of decades for me. At least I have buckeye football, I get to see a lot of wins there.

It has been a tough couple of decades for me. At least I have buckeye football, I get to see a lot of wins there.

Ouch, Joe Thomas retired. That's going to be tough for the Browns.

Ouch, Joe Thomas retired. That's going to be tough for the Browns.
Ya, not good! hopefully these baseball metrics guys I am hearing about will make a difference over the next few years. I guess it will be another year of saying "At least it was a good punt!"

Forum List

Back