Next big debate : banning kill bots !

Timmy

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2015
the more I think about the Dallas kill it the more I think it's the next big civil rights issue.

First I figured it was a stun grenade , but now it's more like they were out to blow up the guy.

Drones in war zones is one thing , drones used by local police is another .

Very grey area . You can use deadly force if it's a situation where you need to protect lives . But if a peep is just dealing wh a robot , is anyone's life in danger to justify deadly force ?

the more I think about the Dallas kill it the more I think it's the next big civil rights issue.

First I figured it was a stun grenade , but now it's more like they were out to blow up the guy.

Very grey area . You can use deadly force if it's a situation where you need to protect lives . But if a peep is just dealing wh a robot , is anyone's life in danger to justify deadly force ?
It's not a drone. However, I too do have some concerns on this. Why wasn't a stun grenade used? Was it because they didn't have any? Was a stun grenade used but it was so close it fatally wounded Johnson? Without details and context, we can't know if this decision was justifiable or not.

He killed cops, in Texas no less, he was already a dead man

Yes we know the police are above the law . That's what got us here .

But as tech gets better and better you have more ethical dilemmas .

It's not a drone. However, I too do have some concerns on this. Why wasn't a stun grenade used? Was it because they didn't have any? Was a stun grenade used but it was so close it fatally wounded Johnson? Without details and context, we can't know if this decision was justifiable or not.

Who even knew the police had kamikaze robots !?

Or maybe the overdid stun grenades in order to make the blast fatal??

Damn, five Police Officers are assassinated and all they can talk about is an exploding robot?

Dude . There's like 15 threads about the dead cops. Taking another angle here.

Thursday night was an extraordinary event to say the least when you have someone targeting and killing police you might have to use less than conventional means to stop them I don't believe that using a robot to deliver an expolsive is going to become a common practice though.

He killed cops, in Texas no less, he was already a dead man

Yes we know the police are above the law . That's what got us here .

But as tech gets better and better you have more ethical dilemmas .

The bot saved putting more officers in danger, get past your kumbaya, the scum deserved getting R2D2'd

Aren't you one of those "how dare obama use drones on American citizens " types ?

Nope, drone away

Damn, five Police Officers are assassinated and all they can talk about is an exploding robot?
It's only the first use. Expect more. If a land robot is okay, how about a drone with a Hellfire missile against a bunch of armed protesters threatening LEOs?

Robbing the local 7/11 tonight don't seem like a good idea to you now Timothy does it?

The robot survived, so no kamikaze.

Was the intent to kill the suspect or simply incapacitate him?

When do our cops get killer drones?

Fly them overhead with a remotely detonated grenade

It's only the first use. Expect more. If a land robot is okay, how about a drone with a Hellfire missile against a bunch of armed protesters threatening LEOs?

LOL Feets don't fail me now
LOL. Or "Lookie there Billy Bob! The gubmints got one of dem killer flyi' machines!"

568926dec461887a1c8b45f6.jpg

The robot survived, so no kamikaze.

Was the intent to kill the suspect or simply incapacitate him?

Good question.

Isn't this how Terminator started??
The Terminator started with a bunch of LWers saying "computers are smarter than people. Let the government handle this!" ;)

Forum List

Back