Newtown Sides with NRA: Votes for Armed Guards In Schools

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
Newtown Sides with NRA: Votes for Armed Guards In Schools​

by John Nolte
1 Feb 2013

Alternate headline: "Piers Morgan Hit Hardest."​

When the rubber hits the road, when the stark and very real choice is either empty political posturing with useless gun control laws or doing something practical to protect your children, the only people laughing at the NRA are a media determined to protect anything and everything involving Barack Obama. Today the Newtown Board of Education made the only choice any parent can: It voted to put armed guards in its schools:

The vote, for now, only represents a request — it still needs to clear budget and logistical boundaries since the guards would come from the town's police resources as opposed to the school board itself. But the plan 'would put two eyes and ears -- one armed, one unarmed -- at each Newtown school,' reports Bronxville Patch's Davis Dunavin. The guards, officially called school resource officers (SROs), were already a fixture at all Newtown schools in the wake of the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary, but until this vote they were budgeted only to be a presence at middle and high Schools, according to NBC Connecticut.​

[Excerpt]

Read more:

What exactly are these crazy gun nuts in Newtown doing?

Don't they know that the BEST way to stop mass murderers like Adam Lanza, is to LEGISLATE them into not killing people?

After all, the FIRST thing that criminals and mentally ill people do, before committing violent acts, is check the local laws to see if they are acting illegally.

Newtown Sides with NRA: Votes for Armed Guards In Schools​

by John Nolte
1 Feb 2013

Alternate headline: "Piers Morgan Hit Hardest."​

When the rubber hits the road, when the stark and very real choice is either empty political posturing with useless gun control laws or doing something practical to protect your children, the only people laughing at the NRA are a media determined to protect anything and everything involving Barack Obama. Today the Newtown Board of Education made the only choice any parent can: It voted to put armed guards in its schools:

The vote, for now, only represents a request — it still needs to clear budget and logistical boundaries since the guards would come from the town's police resources as opposed to the school board itself. But the plan 'would put two eyes and ears -- one armed, one unarmed -- at each Newtown school,' reports Bronxville Patch's Davis Dunavin. The guards, officially called school resource officers (SROs), were already a fixture at all Newtown schools in the wake of the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary, but until this vote they were budgeted only to be a presence at middle and high Schools, according to NBC Connecticut.​

[Excerpt]

Read more:

Yup, there's nothing like fear as a basis for making sound, rational decisions. Step right up.

Actually seeing as this OP is based on a Dimbart link I'll wait for a legitimate news source... :eusa_whistle:

It's always a good thing to have reality slap the bejesus out of the Left Wing Media.

We'll see how much airplay this gets on MSNBC.

I was the first one on this forum to propose putting armed guards in schools and not one conservative would agree with me,

until the NRA came out for it,

then all the conservatives here were for it.

I was the first one on this forum to propose putting armed guards in schools and not one conservative would agree with me,

I wasn't posting here then...

But I will tell you that I voted for an increase in taxes here to put Deputy Sheriffs in all the schools.

I wasn't posting here then...

But I will tell you that I voted for an increase in taxes here to put Deputy Sheriffs in all the schools.

Well, you're an exception.

btw, people should keep in mind that the NRA's actual proposal was for the US Congress to appropriate the money to fund guards in schools,

a little detail that the small government conservatives around here who keep touting the NRA manage to ignore.

And how many times did you suggest that restricting guns from Law abiding citizens was also the answer... Too many to count.

Here is an NBC link..

Newtown Calls for Armed School Officers | NBC Connecticut

The Newtown Board of Education wants more armed police officers in the town's four elementary schools after the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary.

Last night, they decided to ask the town to approve the request to include one additional full-time Newtown police at each of the elementary schools in next year's budget.

Members of the board will meet today with state and federal officials about obtaining additional funding for security.

“Our parents are demanding of us that things are made safe and secure and certain measures are put in place,” Chairwoman Debbie Leidlein said. “So we’re being very thoughtful.”

Several police officers have been stationed at all Newtown schools since the Dec. 14 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary, where 20 children and six staff members were killed.

Those officers will remain at the school through the remainder of the school year, but the budget for the next fiscal year funds only resource officers at middle and high schools.

Here is an NBC link..

Newtown Calls for Armed School Officers | NBC Connecticut

The Newtown Board of Education wants more armed police officers in the town's four elementary schools after the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary.

Last night, they decided to ask the town to approve the request to include one additional full-time Newtown police at each of the elementary schools in next year's budget.

Members of the board will meet today with state and federal officials about obtaining additional funding for security.

“Our parents are demanding of us that things are made safe and secure and certain measures are put in place,” Chairwoman Debbie Leidlein said. “So we’re being very thoughtful.”

Several police officers have been stationed at all Newtown schools since the Dec. 14 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary, where 20 children and six staff members were killed.

Those officers will remain at the school through the remainder of the school year, but the budget for the next fiscal year funds only resource officers at middle and high schools.

Ah, now the truth comes out. First it was "Newtown votes for" as in the whole town; now it's actually the school board.
See how you people are, in the quest to bend the news to your agenda??

Actually the board voted to seek the town's approval as noted here. AFAIK that approval has not taken place, so as usual it's Dimbart being Dimbart. That's why they call it lame-stream media.

Whether this goes through or not, linear time makes this another case of slamming the barn door after the horse is gone. If we had a time machine it would be a great idea; just alert security before these things are about to happen. It's not honest to call that a solution, any more than calling for "gun bans" is a solution.

Last edited:

OH BS DUDE. I have been calling for Armed Guards in schools since Columbine.

Fucking Dishonest Drama Queen.

Forum List

Back