The answer is easy: Armed guards at schools

Hey Joe, why don't you and other "progressives" stop all the bullshit about caring about gun deaths (we both know most gun deaths are by suicide) what you guys actually are trying to do is take away the threat you feel from the right. You know that conservatives, who are untrusting of the government, have the bulk of the firearms in this country.

Yes, that you crazies have guns and often turn out to be mass shooters is a problem, to be sure.

The real problem is, that if we had any kind of standard on who can own a gun, most of you crazies would be eliminated because you are crazy.

Your side have worked endlessly to restrict our power through laws and other measures, and you know the final piece of the puzzle is to disarm any threat to your authoritarian god, the federal government. I just wish one of you had honesty to come out and admit it.

Actually, I'm not worried about you crazies taking down the government. Ask Timmy McVeigh how well that worked out.

I do worry about school kids being gunned down by crazies because you've made it so easy to get guns.

Yes, that you crazies have guns and often turn out to be mass shooters is a problem, to be sure.

The real problem is, that if we had any kind of standard on who can own a gun, most of you crazies would be eliminated because you are crazy.
Stop with the conjecture. You know damn well that most gun owners are responsible and are not the ones doing the majority of "gun crimes". You know who are the ones doing most of the gun crimes.

Stop with the conjecture. You know damn well that most gun owners are responsible and are not the ones doing the majority of "gun crimes". You know who are the ones doing most of the gun crimes.

If most gun owners are responsible, then they shouldn't have a problem with stricter scrutiny on who gets guns.

The problem is, of course, is that 50% of the 300MM guns are owned by 3% of the population, and those people ARE fucking nuts.

You can say that about anything! Drinking is safe if consumed in a responsible manner! That doesn't seem to stop the ones who insist on driving and killing someone on the road! Try again! :( :omg::stir::rolleyes::dev3:

Only to his family... Get real, if we loved our kids, we'd have sensible gun laws.

But we love our guns more
I’ve said for years that I prefer firearms to children. I find no redeeming value to children while firearms have many uses.

Legal Firearms and Animals are welcome in my home. Children are not.

That's an easy true, but it's not the correct answer.

The correct answer is to have a society where we don't need armed guards at schools. Just like how it was when I was a kid.

The answer isn't more guards, less guns, more rules or anything. The answer is find out what's changed in America in the past 30 years and removing it or fixing it.

Armed guards in school isn't the right answer because that's just a reaction to nutballs and criminals. The right answer is to get rid of the nutballs and criminals, not adapt to them.
I agree that we have a liberal culture problem that is creating the violent nutcases

But we need armed guards in the schools

I’ve said for years that I prefer firearms to children. I find no redeeming value to children while firearms have many uses.

Legal Firearms and Animals are welcome in my home. Children are not.
:fu:

When was the last time you spent more than one week straight at a school?
That question is a prime reason so many people see teachers as a big part of the problem with education

Teachers tell parents to shut the fuck up and give teachers a blank check to do as you please

That question is a prime reason so many people see teachers as a big part of the problem with education

Teachers tell parents to shut the fuck up and give teachers a blank check to do as you please

That's part of it; then there's the reverse where parents are no-shows & expect teachers to raise their brats! ;-)

Are you the parent of one of my students?

I agree that we have a liberal culture problem that is creating the violent nutcases

But we need armed guards in the schools
No, we need to return to God.
This wasn't a problem when I was in school.
This was created by the rise of leftism.

John Adams said, “Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” Morality and virtue are the foundation of our republic and necessary for a society to be free.

That's part of it; then there's the reverse where parents are no-shows & expect teachers to raise their brats! ;-)

I don't blame parents who work several jobs at hours that make attending open houses difficult. I always make other options for communication available and reach out regularly if they don't. And my students are not "brats."

Teachers want to use the bad parents as an excuse to ignore the good parents

In 2021, there were 12 children killed in school mass shootings. Twelve.

There are over NINETY THOUSAND public schools in the U.S.

Have a little perspective, please.

If "we" chose to hire a couple of armed security guards for each school, that's 180 thousand full-time employees. And keep in mind, these security guards are more likely to be like Barney Fife than a Navy SEAL.

If we chose to ALLOW teachers who wished to do so to be armed in school, say 4-5 teachers per school, consider that those classrooms would have not only the said teachers, but also that number of ARMED HANDGUNS, along with millions of students, who if I recall from my own experience, are idiots.

A little perspective?

Even if the number of students getting killed triples, it's still nowhere near rational to implement the Armed Guards initiative. Or the arming teachers initiative.

How about doing a little training on "active shooter" protocols?

Forum List

Back