Newt Tells A Big Lie...Again

Discussion in 'Politics' started by g5000, Jan 24, 2012.

1. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,621
    November 9 Debate Transcript:

Now I want you to take particular note that he is speaking with respect to his part as a consultant, er, "historian" in the year 2006.

And he fails to mention he actually worked for their top lobbyist for seven years.

Take note, too, how he also concocts this heroic story of himself. He is told by Freddie Mac they were being forced to make bad loans and Newt the Wonder Horse rides into town and declares this is insane. He says "this is a bubble".

And just to drive the point home, he says the GSEs should be broken up.

Well, I missed last night's debate, but I have been perusing the transcipt, and it appears Mitt Romney has read the same Q&A session Newt had with Freddie Mac that I have. He made a passing reference to it:

As happens every time more information comes to light about him, Newt begins to subtly change his story:

What a pathetic attempt at a diversion!

He continues:

Now I want you to note he says "in the early years".

Okay.

But what things did Newt have to say about the GSEs in the later years? What did he have to say on the very eve of the destruction of our economy?

What did he say in 2007?

This:

Market-Based Models Are Key to Transforming U.S. Government to a 21st Century Organization - Freddie Mac

Read that. Over and over. Let every sentence sink in and see if each one is not EVERYTHING conservatives have been screaming about. See how each one completely contradicts his hero story. See how he favors the GSEs keeping their charters. How he praises their model! On and on.

Think about every rabid raving about Freddie Mac you have ever heard from conservatives. How it was the Democrats and their desire to get more people into homes that killed us. How they did it by forcing the GSEs to make loans. How the GSEs completely destablized the economy and how dear Dubya tried to stop them.

Look how Newt tries to cash in on that in the November debate. "It was insane!" I told them! I donned my cape and tried to stop them, BUT NOooooooo! They didn't listen!

What a scumbag piece of lying shit.

He heaps glowing praise on Freddie Mac and the bang-up job it is doing getting people into homes. He was being paid to advise their top lobbyist how to lobby lawmakers to keep the GSEs growing and going.

He loves GSEs so much, he says there should be more of them in the paragraph preceding that one.

This is one lie he won't be able to laugh off.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  2. Dot Com

Dot Com Nullius in verba Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16,320
    He's a lying liar. That much is certain. conservatives love him though :rolleyes:

3. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,621
    A lie is short and sweet. It travels halfway around the world before the Truth gets its pants on.

This is what makes evil lying fucks like Gingrich so evil. He can casually toss off gigantic whoppers with a few cute phrases. "I told them it was insane!"

And the rubes nod to themselves, "See? He knows! He's one of us."

But discovering the profound depth of his lies takes some work.

So get your asses to work and put this man back in the sewer out of which he has crawled back. He was flushed down there years ago for a reason.

4. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    The drooling hordes on the right are the intellectual equivalent of the drooling hordes on the left. They'll vote for a any fucking fool that makes them 'feel good'.

5. Charles_Main

Charles_Main AR15 Owner

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,251
    Correction, At this point I will vote for any Fucking fool that isn't Obama. Not because I like them, or they make me feel good, but because I think Obama is Destroying this Country. Period.

Believe me I know full well Newt is full of shit, So what, if he wins the Nomination I am still voting for him. Because I think it is going to Suck less than 4 more years of Obama. By the same token I would vote for Romney, Santorum, and Paul in a heart beat as well. Even though the truth is NONE of them are my choice at all.

6. California Girl

California Girl BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,965
    Yea, I used to feel that way... and then came Gingrich... and I realized... I don't want that man anywhere near that office. Sure, I don't want Obama either... but I cannot, in good conscience vote for an amoral DC insider like Gingrich. I have always stood against those people and I will not sacrifice that principle. I'll compromise, but not that far.

But... more importantly... he can't beat Obama. And a Gingrich/Santorum ticket would be a clusterfuck of an almighty size.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. LoneLaugher

LoneLaugher Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,472
    Damn. That is stupid.

8. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,621
    I gotta agree with LoneLaugher. That IS stupid.

Are you not paying attention? The only reason Obama is President is because our economy crashed. And who was right there helping to crash it?

Newt Fucking Gingrich.

Newt is why we have Obama. I don't want his hands anywhere NEAR the controls.

9. TruthSeeker56

TruthSeeker56 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +496
    Always a joy to know that HYPOCRISY is alive and well amongst the Obamanistas.

10. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,621
    Voting for Newt if he is the nominee is sending a HUGE signal that lying works. That opportunism, hypocrisy, and a whatever-it-takes-to-get-power-is-right attitude is okay.

You need to make politicians EARN your vote.

This lesser-of-two-evils shit is how we got here!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1