newt on reagan

Such was Gingrich’s faith in President Reagan that in 1985, he called Reagan’s meeting with Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev “the most dangerous summit for the West since Adolf Hitler met with Neville Chamberlain in 1938 in Munich.”

“Measured against the scale and momentum of the Soviet empire’s challenge, the Reagan administration has failed, is failing, and without a dramatic change in strategy will continue to fail. . . . President Reagan is clearly failing.”

Thus Gingrich concluded as he surveyed five years of Reagan in power that “we have been losing the struggle with the Soviet empire.” Reagan did not know what he was doing, and “it is precisely at the vision and strategy levels that the Soviet empire today is superior to the free world.”

Gingrich and Reagan - Elliott Abrams - National Review Online

yeah, that newt, he's a visionary, an acolyte of reagan, a true conservative

:rofl:

the sooner you clowns realize that newt has always been and always will be looking out for newt first, last and always, the better off we'll be.
Reagan was a big admirer of FDR in his youth. People do change opinions over 30years.

yeah, 30 years ago, i didn't think newt was a total sleaze.

Such was Gingrich’s faith in President Reagan that in 1985, he called Reagan’s meeting with Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev “the most dangerous summit for the West since Adolf Hitler met with Neville Chamberlain in 1938 in Munich.”

“Measured against the scale and momentum of the Soviet empire’s challenge, the Reagan administration has failed, is failing, and without a dramatic change in strategy will continue to fail. . . . President Reagan is clearly failing.”

Thus Gingrich concluded as he surveyed five years of Reagan in power that “we have been losing the struggle with the Soviet empire.” Reagan did not know what he was doing, and “it is precisely at the vision and strategy levels that the Soviet empire today is superior to the free world.”

the sooner you clowns realize that newt has always been and always will be looking out for newt first, last and always, the better off we'll be.
Reagan was a big admirer of FDR in his youth. People do change opinions over 30years.

yeah, 30 years ago, i didn't think newt was a total sleaze.
Newts so bad about flip flopping he has done it within days.

If I could rep you I would. Can you fix the rep time limit?

I'll do it for you ...

Interestingly, President Obama accomplished exactly what RR wanted with the SALT Treaty. He got control of a hell of a lot of nuclear weapons while not giving away even one of our own. The weapons the president put on the block were all out-dated and un-usable.

Bet Newt would lie about that too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mPZlysCAm0&feature=share]Obama Justifies FEMA imprisonment of civilians! - YouTube[/ame]

Newt wants to follow RR's fiscal policies.

did you expect him to think RR did everything right?

newt wants to say whatever it takes to get his fat ass the nomination. period.

if he thought you'd vote for him if he promised to bring back slavery, he'd be all over it like a cheap suit.

sarah palin has more integrity than newt.

That's exactly how I see Newt. I'm not sure whether there is any exaggeration in your slavery comment. I want to think that it's an exaggeration but I am not certain. That's how opportunistic and out there Newt seems.

Newt wants to follow RR's fiscal policies.

did you expect him to think RR did everything right?

newt wants to say whatever it takes to get his fat ass the nomination. period.

if he thought you'd vote for him if he promised to bring back slavery, he'd be all over it like a cheap suit.

sarah palin has more integrity than newt.

That's exactly how I see Newt. I'm not sure whether there is any exaggeration in your slavery comment. I want to think that it's an exaggeration but I am not certain. That's how opportunistic and out there Newt seems.

He'd probably call it the Lifetime Employment Act! :cool:

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Abrams is not the only hard-line CON$ervatrive attacking Snooty Newtie Getrich!

William Jefferson Gingrich - The New York Sun
By R. EMMETT TYRRELL, Jr

How long have I been saying it? At least for 15 years, but in private I have been aware of it longer. Newt Gingrich is conservatism’s Bill Clinton, but without the charm. He has acquired wit but he has all the charm of barbed wire.
Newt and Bill are 1960s generation narcissists, and they share the same problems: waywardness and deviancy. Newt, like Bill, has a proclivity for girl hopping. It is not as egregious as Bill’s, but then Newt is not as drop-dead beautiful. His public record is already besmeared with tawdry divorces, and there are private encounters with the fair sex that doubtless will come out.
If I have heard of some, you can be sure the Democrats have heard of more. Nancy Pelosi’s intimations are timely. Newt up against the Prophet Obama would be a painful thing to watch. He might be deft with one-liners but it would be futile. There are independent and other uncommitted voters to be cultivated in 2012 — all would be unmoved by Newt’s juggling of conservative shibboleths.
Newt and Bill, as 1960s generation self-promoters, share the same duplicity, ostentatious braininess, a propensity for endless scrapes with propriety and the law. They are tireless hustlers. Now Newt is hustling my fellow conservatives in this election. The last time around he successfully hustled conservatives in the House of Representatives and then the conservatives on the House impeachment committee.
He blew the impeachment and in fact his role as Speaker. He backed out in disgrace. He now says Republicans in the House were exhausted with his great projects. Nonsense, I knew many of them, and they were exhausted with his atrocious leadership. He is not a leader. He is a huckster. Today Mitt Romney has 72 Congressional endorsements. Newt has 11. Possibly the 11 have yet to meet him.
Now he has found his key for hustling conservative electorate. He is playing the liberal media card and saying he embodies conservative values. Like Bill with his credulous fans, Newt is hoping conservatives suffer amnesia. Possibly some do. Perhaps they cannot recall mere months ago when this insufferable whiz kid was lambasting the great Congressman Paul Ryan for “right-wing social engineering” — more evidence of Newt’s not-so-hidden longing for the approval of the liberal media.

• Thanks

I'm pulling for Newt. How else will I get to go vacation at a moon base in the next 5 or 6 years. Mitt and Obama aren't going to do it.

• Thanks

True, but Newt changes his opinions every 30 minutes.

fivethirtyeight-reagan1-blog480.gif

In the last debate, it took Newt a whole two seconds into his answer to his first question to mention Reagan. But that beat an earlier debate, when it took him one second.

Reagan Count: Gingrich 55, Romney 6 - NYTimes.com

For the record, this is the same Elliot Abrams who pled guility to lying to Congress during Iran Contra and then testified against other members of the Reagan Administration.

For the record, this is the same Elliot Abrams who pled guility to lying to Congress during Iran Contra and then testified against other members of the Reagan Administration.

for the record, everything quoted as being said by gingrich is in the congressional record.

suck it :lol:

Forum List

Back