newt on reagan

Here is Nancy Reagan, when President Reagan was too sick to attend, commending Newt Gingrich: She literally says Ronnie passed the torch to Newt:

Newt is a big government conservative.

And Romney is a big government liberal.

Those are our choices, Brother.

I this Newt will at least try to shrink government, that is why the Republican Establishment is so desperate to derail him.

If he wins, and both the senate and house are Republican controlled, then when he tries, the Congress will be forced to go along or look like hypocrites and lose their seats.

Simple as that.

I know Romney isn't going to do jack crap...he's the establishment firewall to keep that centralized power.

There is a choice it's called write in.

I this Newt will at least try to shrink government, that is why the Republican Establishment is so desperate to derail him.

If he wins, and both the senate and house are Republican controlled, then when he tries, the Congress will be forced to go along or look like hypocrites and lose their seats.

Simple as that.

I know Romney isn't going to do jack crap...he's the establishment firewall to keep that centralized power.

Might as well just outright vote for Obama...the result is the same.

Simple as that.

I'm a man of Principles it would be hypocritical to want obama gone and replace him with an equal.
I want obama gone I hope he loses but I can't make myself go against my values.
I guess it's going to have to be people like you to do the dirty work.

Last edited:

I'm a man of Principles it would be hypocritical to want obama gone and replace him with an equal.

My values this election cycle is repeal Obamacare.

That means Newt, Santorum or Paul...Romney's people have said he will not repeal Obamacare.

That means Newt, Santorum or Paul...Romney's people have said he will not repeal Obamacare.

Do you think newt would move to have obamacare repealed? I don't think he will because he was in the 90's and as recent as 2007 and supporter of mandated healthcare.

Santorum was also from my understanding a supporter of obamacare.
Santorum Support Of Obamacare Loving Specter About To Bite Him In The A**

Do you think newt would move to have obamacare repealed? I don't think he will because he was in the 90's and as recent as 2007 and supporter of mandated healthcare.

Newt has stated in no uncertain terms that he will, and I believe the Republicans will take the Senate and keep the House, so he with have no excuse to renege on that promise.

IOW yes, I believe without a doubt that he will.

Newt has stated in no uncertain terms that he will, and I believe the Republicans will take the Senate and keep the House, so he with have no excuse to renege on that promise.

Have you seen that video where newt said that Americans should be mandated to pay for healthcare coverage?

Have you seen that video where newt said that Americans should be mandated to pay for healthcare coverage?

oh, he didn't really mean it.

he doesn't really mean anything he says :lol:

no never.:lol::eusa_whistle: and some here think I'm dumb because I question obama birth certificate.

Romney: Believes in everything.

Gingrich: Believes in nothing.

Good Fricken Greif, Amelia...everyone in the Reagan household was fooled, but Liberal Ass Romney knows the truth!

Carter and Mondale must have filled him in.

Why are you talking about what Romney knows? Are you hoping we will forget the quotes we've read and the youtube clips we have viewed?

If you want to deflect us off of Gingrich's actual words, you're going to have to do better than waving Romney's name around.

Watch it again...I think you missed the part where Nancy Reagan, standing in for a sick Ronald Reagan says "Ronnie passes the conservative torch to Newt."
[youtube]ec_Nunb6izo[/youtube]

was that speech before or after it was revealed Gingrich made $1.6- $1.8 million being a *cough* "advocate" for Freddie Mac? :eusa_eh:

Why are you talking about what Romney knows? Are you hoping we will forget the quotes we've read and the youtube clips we have viewed?

If you want to deflect us off of Gingrich's actual words, you're going to have to do better than waving Romney's name around.

Watch it again...I think you missed the part where Nancy Reagan, standing in for a sick Ronald Reagan says "Ronnie passes the conservative torch to Newt."
[youtube]ec_Nunb6izo[/youtube]

was that speech before or after it was revealed Gingrich made $1.6- $1.8 million being a *cough* "advocate" for Freddie Mac? :eusa_eh:

He was a consultant not an advocate get it right.

Funny, that's what most people think about Mittens.

Is he for abortion or against it?

For a mandate or against it?

For gay marriage or against it?

Is he for Reagan or against Reagan?

Who really knows.

Who really knows.

Would a supporter of mandated healthcare coverage be like Reagan?

Here is Nancy Reagan, when President Reagan was too sick to attend, commending Newt Gingrich: She literally says Ronnie passed the torch to Newt:

Simple as that.

You have got to be kidding! The man who has "grandiose ideas for a grandiose nation" and wants to build a moon base is going to shrink government? Not a chance. Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate on either side who would actually work to shrink government and folks like you will make sure that the most conservative candidate i nthe race will not be elected.

Who really knows.

Under Reagan, health care and insurance was still reasonably affordable, and it wasn't an issue.

Who really knows.

Under Reagan, health care and insurance was still reasonably affordable, and it wasn't an issue.

I don't care about that. So answer the question would a supporter of a mandated healthcare coverage be like Reagan?

I don't care about that. So answer the question would a supporter of a mandated healthcare coverage be like Reagan?

Which Reagan are you talking about? The mythic Reagan that some of you guys worship iconically.

Or the sensible, pragmatic guy who was President from 1981 to 1989?

The latter one - you know, the one who actually existed- gave Amnesty to illegals, he reformed Social Security, he increased taxes after cutting them, appointed moderates to the Supreme Court, met the Democrats half way on tough issues to get the job done.

So if he were confronted with the health care issue, and the Heritage Foundation came up with this proposal of a health care mandate to solve the problem that involved a private and not a public option, he'd be all over that.

I usually shy away from hitting Romney on the Health Care issue, other than pointing out his mendacity by now being against what he actually implemented as governor. ("I won't impose my awesome plan on the country, really!") but a lot of Republican carping about ObamaCare is kind of silly, as a lot of Republicans were for the same thing, before Obama went and did it. Once you put the word "Obama" in "ObamaCare", you'd think it was the ebola virus.

I also think a mandate doesn't solve the underlying problem. Just delays the inevitable.

Forum List

Back