Newsweek: "Obama First Gay President"

The debate to allow (a) any two consenting adult humans to marry is a completely different on than the debate to allow (b) humans to marry toasters, children, or animals. Toasters are inanimate objects, children are too young to consent, and animals are incapable of consenting.

Is everyone reasonable enough to acknowledge there's a big difference between debate (a) & (b)?

One thing we need to look at. Are those who make such arguments that marrying toasters, children, dogs is somehow connected with gay marriage are maybe too stupid to see the obvious differences?

It's kind of like the old kid's joke "What's the difference between an elephant and a dozen eggs?" "I don't know." "Well, I'm not sending you to the store for eggs, then."

It's their right isn't it? Who are you to say only people have rights to something that you support?

Their right to make stupid statements? Absolutely. And that right gets exercised daily, hourly here and elsewhere.

One thing we need to look at. Are those who make such arguments that marrying toasters, children, dogs is somehow connected with gay marriage are maybe too stupid to see the obvious differences?

It's kind of like the old kid's joke "What's the difference between an elephant and a dozen eggs?" "I don't know." "Well, I'm not sending you to the store for eggs, then."

It's their right isn't it? Who are you to say only people have rights to something that you support?

Their right to make stupid statements? Absolutely. And that right gets exercised daily, hourly here and elsewhere.

Yes. You do exercise that right -- religiously.

Just about everytime you post. :thup:

Bodey's gonna Ignore the Challenge... :lol:

:)

peace...

Forum List

Back