Newsweek Cover

Who gives a fuck what Snooze-Week reports.
Their "ratings" are about as high as Ed Schultz and/or PMSNBC.

Newsweek was actually a good paper back in the day. They would have people on both sides of the aisle argue their points alternate weeks. It is where I first found the works of Milton Friedman, so I have a soft spot in my heart for it.

However, when a Newspaper drops to the level of a message board posting, one has to mourn a little

AjO0Zh7CAAASemN.jpg

Someone should photoshop in some white dust around those nostrils of his -
make it much more authentic.

Still nasty after all these years. Grow up CG and stop being a jerk.

Why should I? That bitch has called me a racist (I am not), a Republican (I am not), a right wing hack (I am not). My post is based on evidence - provided by her. She is a liar, she repeats lies and smears and calls them 'facts', and I rarely find any content in her posts. Therefore, everything I claimed is based on hard evidence.

Don't like it? That's fine. Hell will freeze over before I value your opinion.

My opinion is based on evidence, your current target is only one more example of your nastiness and arrogant self righteous affectations.
Yeah, CG! You know that Wry Catcher has the exclusive franchise for arrogant self righteous affectations around here!

Why are Obama's critics so dumb? A very good question, but one which needs to be framed.
Incoming bloviation!!
Some are outright racists, and hate him because his father was not white. The fact that a man of color has been elected President of the United States engages them, hence the echos on his nation of birth, his religion and his patriotism.
A very, very small minority.
Some are partisan hacks - a shout out to CG and other noxious ideologues - who despise democratic principles simply because they believe they are better than the hoi polloi (they are not).
Sheer projection. You believe you are better than conservatives. You are not.
Some are quite obviously dumb - a shout out to willow tree - of course that does not exclude them from the set of racists or noxious ideologues.
"Obama gonna pay my mortgage and gas bill!"

Stop pretending you don't have dumb people on your side (shout out to Truthmatters and rdean).
Others are willfully ignorant and will not listen to any argument which conflicts with what they believe. They are unwilling to challenge their opinions and seem to have formed said opinions by limiting the scope of their learning to areas which support their beliefs.
Indeed. Such as those who call Obama's critics "dumb".
Then there are those who hope to benefit from Obama's defeat. The professional pols and those who carry their water, and others motivated by profit.
Remember, folks -- profit is evil. Unless it's made by a liberal.
PS Post by Obama's critics are legion, and most are dumb +. Very few arguments posted on the MB would be characterized as putting country first.
News Flash for the stuffed shirt:

Obama is NOT the country. The Democratic Party is NOT the country.

You cannot understand that, however.

People who are "motivated by profit" hope to benefit from Obama's defeat? Are you suggesting that capitalism will lose if he's re-elected? Hmmm. Telling.
Just as telling as Wry thinking that would be a good thing.

It's funny when the Useful Idiots pretend they've arrived at their conclusions independently. :lol:

most of the critizisms of Obama are dumb.

They are lies and smears with no real content.

There are real things to critize him for but the right doesnt want to really touch those because they are worse than Obama on the issues.

Most of the support of Obama is dumb, do you think Newsweek will do a cover on that?

Why are Obama's critics so dumb? A very good question, but one which needs to be framed.

Some are outright racists, and hate him because his father was not white. The fact that a man of color has been elected President of the United States engages them, hence the echos on his nation of birth, his religion and his patriotism.

Some are partisan hacks - a shout out to CG and other noxious ideologues - who despise democratic principles simply because they believe they are better than the hoi polloi (they are not).

Some are quite obviously dumb - a shout out to willow tree - of course that does not exclude them from the set of racists or noxious ideologues.

Others are willfully ignorant and will not listen to any argument which conflicts with what they believe. They are unwilling to challenge their opinions and seem to have formed said opinions by limiting the scope of their learning to areas which support their beliefs.

Then there are those who hope to benefit from Obama's defeat. The professional pols and those who carry their water, and others motivated by profit.

PS Post by Obama's critics are legion, and most are dumb +. Very few arguments posted on the MB would be characterized as putting country first.

Speaking of being 'willfully ignorant', how's that working out for you?

If you can explain to me why I should treat someone who has called me a racist (without proof, because no proof can exist of something I am not), a 'Republican' (no proof can exist because I am not)... and a partisan hack (fyi: I regularly get rep from rational liberals because I am not a partisan hack).... please feel free to do so. Until you can give me a rational, logical argue as to why I should treat a liar who lies with anything other than contempt, I shall have to treat your posts as based more on your personal obsession with my 'brutal honesty' with the contempt that they deserve.

You can and do whatever you want. The fact is you're a nasty person (there are other words to describe your behavior, I'm simply being polite). And I'm being brutally honest, your comments to others are not honest they are childishly petulant and usually off point.

Well there was a reason the magazine was sold for $1

Plus
One really has to look at the source for this Newsweek story

Andrew Sullivan?

The "Trig Truther" - only the left could take this guy serious

neotrotsky-albums-just-because-picture4216-andrew-sullivan2.jpg

Speaking of being 'willfully ignorant', how's that working out for you?

If you can explain to me why I should treat someone who has called me a racist (without proof, because no proof can exist of something I am not), a 'Republican' (no proof can exist because I am not)... and a partisan hack (fyi: I regularly get rep from rational liberals because I am not a partisan hack).... please feel free to do so. Until you can give me a rational, logical argue as to why I should treat a liar who lies with anything other than contempt, I shall have to treat your posts as based more on your personal obsession with my 'brutal honesty' with the contempt that they deserve.

A little early for the Left to be playing the race card, we must admit.

It just shows you how scared the left is ...

Please if a CNN poll from today, shows Papa Obama tied with Mitt Romney or Ron Paul
then you know it is even worse for Papa Obama

But if the left wants to tie their hopes on a story written by a guy who, according to liberal online magazine Salon.
posted advertisements for unprotected anal sex, preferably with "other HIV-positive men"
and loves to exploit a poor kid with down syndrome for political purposes ,....

Well more power to them....
They should run with that one,,,

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

heres your word for the day-

irony-

irony
[ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-]   Origin
i·ro·ny
1    /ˈaɪrəni, ˈaɪər-/ Show Spelled[ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] Show IPA
noun, plural -nies.
the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
Literature .
a.
a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.
b.
(especially in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., especially as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.
Socratic irony.
dramatic irony.
an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.

Forum List

Back