Newsmax punched in the gut by Direct TV

We will never grow as a nation when some people want to play whack a mole with speech they don't like?....

Thanks for admitting your mistake. Now, answer my question.
BLM is a criminal organization... they have rioted in our once peaceful streets and people where harmed and killed... try again....
they are also under investigation by the feds and the IRS....

How can we grow with speech rules to follow?.... where would we be now if we practiced this kind of censorship in the 60's?.....
Why aren’t you answering my question?!

This isn’t censorship. You’re just calling it that. A media company doesn’t want to carry a show so they drop the show. Happens all the time from the birth of media. It isn’t censorship. They can’t carry everything. Company’s can’t offer everything and hire everybody. It’s how business works. It’s not about free speech it’s about running a business.

Why aren’t you answering my question?!

This isn’t censorship. You’re just calling it that. A media company doesn’t want to carry a show so they drop the show. Happens all the time from the birth of media. It isn’t censorship. They can’t carry everything. Company’s can’t offer everything and hire everybody. It’s how business works. It’s not about free speech it’s about running a business.
We both know why they where cancelled why are you playing word games about freedom of speech?...

Businesses are people... in this case American people so yes they should follow the constitution regarding speech if that speech is not vulgar or threatening bodily harm....
DirectTV is following the constitution. They haven’t broken any laws. Otherwise every show that got dropped and every show that applied and didn’t get picked up would have a lawsuit. That’s not reality

DirectTV is following the constitution. They haven’t broken any laws. Otherwise every show that got dropped and every show that applied and didn’t get picked up would have a lawsuit. That’s not reality
Broken laws maybe not broken rules for speech in the USA... yes....
And this is why the new house has put together a new committee to look into corporate political censorship....

We both know why they where cancelled why are you playing word games about freedom of speech?...
I’m not playing word games. I’m just asking for answers to my questions. What are the proper American reasons for a media company to drop a show?

Broken laws maybe not broken rules for speech in the USA... yes....
And this is why the new house has put together a new committee to look into corporate political censorship....
Oh boy! A committee to look into something. You don’t actually fall for those stunts do you?

BLM is a criminal organization... they have rioted in our once peaceful streets and people where harmed and killed... try again....
they are also under investigation by the feds and the IRS....

So...............your opinion of them negates their right to free speech? Good to know.

Okay...........so what if a black rights organization (NAACP or some other legal organization that is recognized) wanted to air an ad for Black History month, and was refused by either OAN or FOX because it didn't fit in with their viewership, is that censorship and denying the right to free speech?

I'm guessing you're gonna run away from the question.

Last edited:
It's kind of interesting here, the story behind the story. DirecTV being the choice of Trump supporters everywhere, many of which live in the boonies, and are reliant on a satellite to watch FAUX News and Newsmax.

Interesting, that.
Really? Got any links to back that up? Chances are more than good that someone living in the "boonies" gets 4g cell phone coverage, which gives him access to the internet and streaming services. Only the most remote locations any more actually need a satellite service that dies when the first clouds show up. And, of course, there's always Starlink.

Really? Got any links to back that up? Chances are more than good that someone living in the "boonies" gets 4g cell phone coverage, which gives him access to the internet and streaming services. Only the most remote locations any more actually need a satellite service that dies when the first clouds show up. And, of course, there's always Starlink.
Those cell services are often data capped and throttled. Lots of people enjoy satellite TV. Not sure what all the hate is about here.

Amazing how Newsmax can complain about being “silenced” when someone refuses to pay them money to distribute their content.

Those cell services are often data capped and throttled. Lots of people enjoy satellite TV. Not sure what all the hate is about here.
Speaking from experience, here's why. My house is literally in a corner between a major interstate highway AND an overpass with no cable or fiber service available to us. It's on the other side of the interstate, just not on ours, and ComCast would want $50 grand or more to run us a line. That wasn't an issue 25 years ago when the internet wasn't a big deal. We went with satellite and put up with high costs and rain outages. Fast forward to today and I work from home using the internet to get to clients' networks. Suddenly, a spotty 3g like connection that died every other day because there were clouds and cost over $100/month didn't cut the mustard for me. I now use a 4g router that connects to the fastest local carrier and gives me an uncapped connection. It's servicable, not ideal, but a whole lot better than the satellite that we dumped. When satellite internet can match and exceed that, I will likely switch (we have too many trees for StarLink unless we set up a tall tower).

That's why I hated satellite internet and TV.

Last edited:
Amazing how Newsmax can complain about being “silenced” when someone refuses to pay them money to distribute their content.

I know, right? Republicans like to talk about how the "free market" should decide a lot of things, but when that same free market works against them, the first thing they do is shout that they are being silenced or censored.

I know, right? Republicans like to talk about how the "free market" should decide a lot of things, but when that same free market works against them, the first thing they do is shout that they are being silenced or censored.
And well they should, when the government is coordinating with said "free market" to promote viewpoints convenient to the administration while suppressing those inconvenient. In this case, we don't know if that's taking place, but we wouldn't have known in the case of Twitter had they not yelled loud and long about it.

Forum List

Back