Is John McCain intentionally trying to lose this election?

Discussion in 'Congress' started by Silence, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    Seriously... he seems to be intentionally sabotaging himself at every turn.

First he picks Palin. A virtual unknown to the national scene who had a pregnant 17 year old daughter and who was in the midst of a scandal in her home state and who has little to no experience after making experience his main campaign issue against Obama

Second he begins running a shady and integrity challenged campaign after promising to do right by the American people

Third he comes out and says the fundamentals of the economy are strong on the same day the market drops 500 points

Fourth he makes contradicting statements all week having to explain and/or clarify constantly or back peddle when its clear he had no clue what he's talking about. He makes knee jerk comments and comes off looking and acting erratic

Fifth he suspends his campaign and tries to delay the debates to go back to washington and then doesn't go back to washington for 2 days at which time his presence causes the deal to fall apart

Sixth he once again back peddles and shows up at the debate after saying he wouldn't unless a deal was struck.

Seventh in the debate he seems angry and stubborn. Refuses to look Obama in the eye and doesn't really lay out a clear plan for the future, instead focuses on the past

Eighth takes credit for the bailout bill and bringing the parties together only to have the bill fail in the House and then blames Obama for it's failure.

All these things seem to be the work of someone who does NOT want to win in November. McCain is not a stupid man. He has to know what he's doing because it seems the minute he started going up in the polls and pulling ahead of Obama he started really fucking up royal. It seems intentional to me. I think McCain wants to be a Senator but not the President.

2. rayboyusmc

rayboyusmc Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +338
    And now he has to defend his Paliln Pick.

McCain defends running mate Palin - Yahoo! News

3. Chris

Chris Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,089
    McCain is like a pilot whose plane is crashing.

He is pushing every button hoping something will work.

4. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    'Ace' McCain crashed 5 planes. He's good at crashing.

5. plt42

plt42 A Constitutionalist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I think there's no doubt that Palin has become a liability to Republican ticket.

As I've said before, I'd feel sorry for her were it not for the fact that too much is at stake.

Biden is a talker. If he's smart, he'll keep his answers brief and to the point and just let Palin speak as much as possible. (In doing so, she'll be writing Tina Fey's next comedy spot.) The worst thing Biden can do is be condescending to her.

6. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    Yeah, I agree...Biden needs to stick to the points and not ramble. He also needs to treat her as an equal and address her in a manner befitting a VP candidate.

I ultimately think Palin will be the downfall of the McCain ticket. I wouldn't be shocked if come late Wednesday night some medical emergency, either involving her newborn or Bristol crops up and they use that as an excuse to "postpone" the debate because how could anyone argue with that?

7. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    I'm sure you'd find a way. You'd probably tell them to abort Bristol's baby or just toss Trig in a dumpster, because lord knows you can't postpone a debate for a real emergency.

8. Larkinn

Larkinn Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +175
    Biden needs to shut up and let Palin talk as much as possible. The more she talks, the more it hurts Republicans.

And jsanders...wtf? That was pretty bitch.

9. Silence

Silence wanna lick?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +457
    what the fuck does that even mean you moron!

are you already planning on a "real" emergency JS? :eusa_whistle:

10. Jon

Jon The CPA

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,281
    As was Silence's accusation that Palin would use her family to get out of a debate.