News networks trying to sell Bail-out?

That's exactly what I've been noticing, and the scariest thing about the crisis- nobody knows what to do. Nobody's got the slightest clue how to deal with this, and everyone's trying to come up with the quickest solution possible. Nobody knows what not passing that bill is gonna do, and if it had been passed, there's no telling what the consequence would've been. The candidates gave pretty reserved support for it yesterday- probably because they had no idea what to do either.

You are spot on right there.

Think about it. We have some MEN and WOMEN deciding what/how is going to happen to our country. These people have to make the biggest decisions of their lives, and we, AMERICANS, have to sit back and take whatever they say like good little girls and boys.

I bet they are as scared as we are, because if they screw this up............

That's exactly what I've been noticing, and the scariest thing about the crisis- nobody knows what to do. Nobody's got the slightest clue how to deal with this, and everyone's trying to come up with the quickest solution possible. Nobody knows what not passing that bill is gonna do, and if it had been passed, there's no telling what the consequence would've been. The candidates gave pretty reserved support for it yesterday- probably because they had no idea what to do either.

:iagree:

Here's what you do.

1.) End the Bailouts - Congress must revoke the Federal Reserve’s authority to bail out failed businesses at your expense.

2.) Cut Taxes and Curb Regulation - If we really want to stimulate businesses and revive the market, we need to cut corporate and capital gains taxes, spurring investors to come back to the market and making it easier to attract new workers and clients. It is also time to end failed legislation like Sarbanes-Oxley, which has crippled capital markets, diminished our competitiveness, and greatly harmed small businesses.

3.) Reduce Spending - We must freeze all non-entitlement spending by the federal government at current levels and eliminate wasteful spending both domestically and in our trillion-dollar overseas budget. Our debt has to come down, and it won’t until we start living within our means.

4.) Reform the Monetary System - If we are to have long-term economic progress, we must end the system of printing money out of thin air. The current laws limiting the circulation of gold and silver-backed currency must be overturned. We can no longer base our money on the empty promises of bureaucrats that it is sound.

Ron Paul’s Campaign For Liberty

Here's what you do.

1.) End the Bailouts - Congress must revoke the Federal Reserve’s authority to bail out failed businesses at your expense.

2.) Cut Taxes and Curb Regulation - If we really want to stimulate businesses and revive the market, we need to cut corporate and capital gains taxes, spurring investors to come back to the market and making it easier to attract new workers and clients. It is also time to end failed legislation like Sarbanes-Oxley, which has crippled capital markets, diminished our competitiveness, and greatly harmed small businesses.

3.) Reduce Spending - We must freeze all non-entitlement spending by the federal government at current levels and eliminate wasteful spending both domestically and in our trillion-dollar overseas budget. Our debt has to come down, and it won’t until we start living within our means.

4.) Reform the Monetary System - If we are to have long-term economic progress, we must end the system of printing money out of thin air. The current laws limiting the circulation of gold and silver-backed currency must be overturned. We can no longer base our money on the empty promises of bureaucrats that it is sound.

Ron Paul’s Campaign For Liberty

At the very least, we should postpone any action until the next administration and the 111th congress can take it up.

We don't want a lame-duck president with a 20% approval rating and a congress led by Pelosi and Cheny to have anything to do with this, do we?

-Joe

Here, for all of us who need to laugh:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl3METtGx6U&feature=email]YouTube - New Rules | Bill Maher | September 26, 2008[/ame]

Here is the bottom line. For me anway. All of the Congresscritters said today that they had no idea,, repeat no idea that passing this bill would even fix the problem but some were willing to try. That's just a roll of the dice. Either way we are screwed.

From what I see on the news is that the republicans want a "guarantee" and there is no way in hell anyone can give a guarantee on something that hasnt happened before.

From what I see on the news is that the republicans want a "guarantee" and there is no way in hell anyone can give a guarantee on something that hasnt happened before.

Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted, why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.

Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.

Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to fell all warm and toasty inside.

Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.

Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?
[chuckles until he sees that Ted is not laughing too]

Ted Nelson, Customer: [impatiently] What's your point?

Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.

Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?

Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

Ted Nelson, Customer: [pause] Okay, I'll buy from you.

Tommy: Well, that's...

Tommy, Richard Hayden: ...What?
- "Tommy Boy"

:eusa_whistle: :lol:

Last edited:
Follow the money, dude. Who's talking? Who pays their salary? Any vested interest in a bail out from them?

Always follow the leash back to the wallet.

We are in for a power tussle around here...

-Joe
Following the money:

Input (campaign donation) = Output (elected representative)

Typically the one with the most campaign donation = Output (elected representative)

Input (campaign donation) = Campaign donation - information warfare (variable = insert ideology soldiers (e.g. rayboyusmc + sealybobo)

How do they run:

Issue = Insert Party A Ideological views - Insert Party B Ideological views

American public separated into distinct groups/classes to help factor in what the campaigner is going to say/do (see Obama/McCain on issue of tax cuts).

A real agent of change would be to replace the Democrats and Republicans with something relevant to the majority of American people. There is part of America that is neither left or right. Yet, they are persuaded by bizarre tactics from either side selling their candidates like they are automobile salespeople.

Now the soldiers have already instilled their pill to our education system and media. These voices program these people's heads so when they run a command line, they begin to process and deliver output that is outrageous (Torah replacing bible in hotel rooms, only from rayboyusmc).

Following the money:

Input (campaign donation) = Output (elected representative)

Typically the one with the most campaign donation = Output (elected representative)

Input (campaign donation) = Campaign donation - information warfare (variable = insert ideology soldiers (e.g. rayboyusmc + sealybobo)

How do they run:...

My thinking was actually that the owners of the media have a vested interest in the bail out of Wall Street and they pay the salaries of the talking heads selling the bail out.

But, I like your calculations too!

-Joe

My thinking was actually that the owners of the media have a vested interest in the bail out of Wall Street and they pay the salaries of the talking heads selling the bail out.

But, I like your calculations too!

-Joe

Most people have a vested interest, do you buy all your cars in cash, do you have $100k to pay for your kids education. What if you get sick and need to move with family and use the assets of your house you have been paying on for 15 years but then you cant because there is no equity anymore.

Forum List

Back