[NEWS] Looks like Republicans will Win in 2016

tooAlive

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2012
United States
HuffPo calls it vote-rigging. :tongue:

What The 2012 Election Would Look Like Under The Republicans' Vote-Rigging Plan

Here's how the previous elections would have looked like with the upcoming electoral vote changes.

electoral-votes-by-cd-map-4_1.png

I say they should do it. The outcry for a constitutional amendment to eliminate the EC would become deafening if a candidate despite his opponent having 60% of the popular vote.

I say they should do it. The outcry for a constitutional amendment to eliminate the EC would become deafening if a candidate despite his opponent having 60% of the popular vote.

It might. But this is Sore Loser syndrome by the Republicans. I know Republicans will scream "You Democrats bitched about 2000" but Gore only won the popular vote by 500,000 votes. Not a decisive 10 million in 2008 or 5 million in 2012. When 5 million more people in America voted for a candidate and that candidate loses, it doesn't matter how you spin it, Americans will be pissed and not just the people who voted for that losing yet won the popular vote candidate, but the people who didn't vote for him will be pissed because they know it's a scam and the people weren't heard.

But my guess is Republicans will go through with this and stick to the extreme right of their party and end up losing big in the long run.

It might. But this is Sore Loser syndrome by the Republicans. I know Republicans will scream "You Democrats bitched about 2000" but Gore only won the popular vote by 500,000 votes. Not a decisive 10 million in 2008 or 5 million in 2012. When 5 million more people in America voted for a candidate and that candidate loses, it doesn't matter how you spin it, Americans will be pissed and not just the people who voted for that losing yet won the popular vote candidate, but the people who didn't vote for him will be pissed because they know it's a scam and the people weren't heard.

But my guess is Republicans will go through with this and stick to the extreme right of their party and end up losing big in the long run.

Sore Loser Syndrome? You don't give them enough credit. This has been the game plan all along, back to the mid 90s.

GOP Version2013: Battling Not Just Democrats but Democracy | The Nation

Shaken by the overwhelming defeats of 2012—a 5 million popular-vote defeat in the presidential race, an Electoral College wipeout, the loss of two US Senate seats in a year where they had been expected to gain, a 1.4 million popular vote deficit in US House races nationwide and the loss of seven of eleven gubernatorial races that were in play—Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus has made it clear that he wants his partisan minions to use what power they retain to rig the electoral process.
The Virginia example is blatant.

But it is not isolated. It is part of a national strategy to allow Republicans to “win” even when they lose. And its primary focus will be on gerrymandering not just state legislatures and the US House but on rigging the Electoral College.

Last week, Priebus urged Republican governors and legislators to take up what was once a fringe scheme to change the rules for distribution of Electoral College votes.

Under the Priebus plan, electoral votes from “battleground” states that now regularly back Democrats for president would be allocated not to the statewide winner but to the winners of individual congressional districts.

The GOP is desperate. They are fighting for their lives. I expect that more underhanded schemes will be launched in the coming months. But each will be short lived, at best. The Poor GOP...

Which is basically why it should be done away with.

It's one thing to rig an election on a state level..and another thing entirely to do it on a national level.

The MAJORITY should WIN elections.

NOT lose them.

What a crock of BS. The left has nothing but fear mongering. It isn't even close to the election and it starts. Yet when it is brought up that there are precincts that had more voters then registered voters or that the precinct when 100 percent one way, we are told to just look the other way nothing to see here.

GWB won back to back elections without 47 percent or the luxury of being black and thus forgiven for all of his short comings. So no I don't think that the wet dreams of the liberals is quite true. What I have been saying is run Jindal he has nothing in his past that the democrat hate machine can malign or distort. That is what it will take to win against the DNC and the MSM propaganda machine a sterile candidate. But even then if their wife has MS the liberal left has shown no aversion to making fun of them. Pitiful.

Last edited:
GOP Version2013: Battling Not Just Democrats but Democracy | The Nation

Shaken by the overwhelming defeats of 2012—a 5 million popular-vote defeat in the presidential race, an Electoral College wipeout, the loss of two US Senate seats in a year where they had been expected to gain, a 1.4 million popular vote deficit in US House races nationwide and the loss of seven of eleven gubernatorial races that were in play—Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus has made it clear that he wants his partisan minions to use what power they retain to rig the electoral process.
The Virginia example is blatant.

But it is not isolated. It is part of a national strategy to allow Republicans to “win” even when they lose. And its primary focus will be on gerrymandering not just state legislatures and the US House but on rigging the Electoral College.

Last week, Priebus urged Republican governors and legislators to take up what was once a fringe scheme to change the rules for distribution of Electoral College votes.

Under the Priebus plan, electoral votes from “battleground” states that now regularly back Democrats for president would be allocated not to the statewide winner but to the winners of individual congressional districts.

The GOP is desperate. They are fighting for their lives. I expect that more underhanded schemes will be launched in the coming months. But each will be short lived, at best. The Poor GOP...

This HOGWASH is a PERFECT example of what the leftists do best: create a giant smokescreen to hide their sinister agendas, by pointing fingers at the opposition and falsely accusing them of doing what the leftists have been doing for DECADES.

I call it the "Wizard Of Oz" technique. "Don't look behind the curtain. Just do as we say, not as we do".

Maybe your B.S. works with the Obama-bots, the uninformed, and the people with Attention Deficit Disorder, but the rest of us know EXACTLY what END GAME the leftists are playing.

The assumption that all non-Obama worshippers are not paying attention to what is going on in this country, is going to have a very "unhealthy" result for the Obamanistas.

Last edited:
Why should my county not have a voice in the electoral process?
Libs have overwhelmed Tucson. They moved from California and come here and try to do the same exact things that they moved away from.
Why should our country(Cochise) which is overwhelmingly conservative be represented by a liberal voted by the majority (Pima County)?
We do not have conservative representation for our county.
Cochise Country should have equal electoral votes.
This is the way our Republic is suppose to work, so that the majority does not drown out the minority.

Forum List

Back