[NEWS] Looks like Republicans will Win in 2016

Electoral college voters are completely irrelevant. You probably can't even name the ones you voted for without looking them up on the interwebs.

So says the idiot who doesnt understand why we have it.

Why don't you go ahead and explain it to the class.

We have you ignorant hick so all states have equal say in the executive election. If not fascist hick states like New York would have a overwhelming say in how the country is ran and that isn't good for a republic built on many different states.

So says the idiot who doesnt understand why we have it.

We have you ignorant hick so all states have equal say in the executive election. If not fascist hick states like New York would have a overwhelming say in how the country is ran and that isn't good for a republic built on many different states.

All states have an equal say in the executive election?

Really? I thought some states had more electoral votes than others. Maybe we're reading different Constitutions.

Really? I thought some states had more electoral votes than others. Maybe we're reading different Constitutions.

This is what I mean about you being to fucking stupid to understand why we have it....Please dont breed or at least dont teach your children to be as stupid as you/

Looks like Republicans will Win in 2016

If the Republicans were going to "stack the deck," they should have done it when GWB was in the White House, the GOP had majorities in both the House and the Senate and the Supreme Court was filled with conservative appointees.

Now the Republicans/Tea Party will even be hard pressed to retain control of the House in 2014 - without the support of women, visible minorities and young voters.

Last edited:

This is what I mean about you being to fucking stupid to understand why we have it....Please dont breed or at least dont teach your children to be as stupid as you/

Well didn't you just say its so states can have an EQUAL say in the election for President?

How are California's 55 electoral votes equal to Vermont's 3? Maybe I'm just so stupid I can't see how 55=3, and you're so smart you can - so explain it to me.

The 2010 census favored the Republicans for redistricting.
The independent redistricting commissions drew maps to still favor Dems.
This is not right.
The Republicans want to correct this by having individual electoral votes counted.
Dems are vilifying it.
This is what Dems always do.
Anything that is more fair and balanced Dem's attack.

What a crock of BS. The left has nothing but fear mongering. It isn't even close to the election and it starts. Yet when it is brought up that there are precincts that had more voters then registered voters or that the precinct when 100 percent one way, we are told to just look the other way nothing to see here.

GWB won back to back elections without 47 percent or the luxury of being black and thus forgiven for all of his short comings. So no I don't think that the wet dreams of the liberals is quite true. What I have been saying is run Jindal he has nothing in his past that the democrat hate machine can malign or distort. That is what it will take to win against the DNC and the MSM propaganda machine a sterile candidate. But even then if their wife has MS the liberal left has shown no aversion to making fun of them. Pitiful.

Bobby Jindal is a man of color and a conservative Republican.

That is a good enough reason for the democrat hate machine for vicious attack, vitriolic denigration and character assassination.

They have done the same for all black Republicans in the past, and they will not do anything different in the future.

Being a man of color is not a reason to support Jindal, he is a good honest man.

I say they should do it. The outcry for a constitutional amendment to eliminate the EC would become deafening if a candidate despite his opponent having 60% of the popular vote.

Well, I tend to think that one of the plans of allocating electoral college votes via congerssional districts is a better representation of what the people want...it would have to be would it not? However, the problem comes into being when you try to allocate the 2 votes each state gets via it's members in the Senate--how do you allocate those 100 EV's?

So I don't think it would pass the constitutional test using that method, sadly.

I prefer a method by which a candidate must win both the Electoral College AS WELL AS the popular vote to get the Presidency.

What does the fact that the United States is a Constitutional Republic have to do with the Republicans attempting to rig the electoral college?

Its why they trained the idiot republicans to think we are not a democracy

I guess us "uninformed" people must think the Constitution established a Republic.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands......oops

It's a lot of work educating liberals, and not very easy either.
5 hurt in accidental shootings at 3 US gun shows

5 days ago – Police say the shooting was accidental and no charges will be filed. Meanwhile, authorities in Ohio say a man was wounded at a gun show in ...

news.msn.com/.../5-hurt-in-accidental-shootings-at-3-us... - United States
Conservatives could put their time to better use by "educating" gun owners not to shoot each other during gun shows - its a tough job but somebofy has to do it!

Last edited:
So this made National News tonight. So the underhanded, possibly illegal plans of the desperate members of the GOP is now well known. Of course, when I speak of National News, I am not talking about the official GOP station, FOX.

Many Republicans that have a conscious are opposed to it, as is the Virginia GOP Governor McDonnell.

I still find it hard to believe the Republicans would be dumb enough to try this.

Imagine if the 2012 elections had turned out this way: President Barack Obama won the popular vote by five million votes and almost 4 percent, taking seven of the eight largest states, as he did, yet the Republican candidate, former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney, took the oath of office last week.

Such a scenario might not be far-fetched if some Republican politicians in state houses around the country get their way. ...

Now, Republican state legislators in as many as a half- dozen states where they control the governmental machinery even though their state was carried by the Democratic candidate in the past couple presidential elections, want to change the system and tilt it decidedly in their party’s favor. They would do this by scrapping the winner-take-all rule and awarding electors by congressional districts. ...

That’s not a frivolous alarm. Republican legislators, with tacit support from their governors, in Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin are advocating this. The party’s national chairman, Reince Priebus, is keeping a low profile and signaling encouragement.

To gauge the potential effect, consider what would have happened if these states, along with Virginia, Florida and Ohio, where Republicans also control the state houses, had forced this through in the most recent presidential election. Obama carried all these states, sweeping 106 electoral votes. But Romney won two-thirds of the congressional districts; if all else were equal, the Republican would have carried the Electoral College, becoming the first president who was trounced in the popular vote. ...

What might stop these attempts at rigging is if smart Republicans realize how manipulative it looks, and that it could come back to bite them; that’s the view of the former party chairman and ex-Mississippi Governor Haley Barbour. And such a system would dilute the clout of the states that adopt it, which is why Governor Bob McDonnell of Virginia is opposing any change.

If this sort of political coup had been pulled off earlier, instead of celebrations on the streets of Washington during last week’s presidential Inauguration, there would have been violent protests.

Republicans? Push to Tilt Elections Will Backfire - Bloomberg

Forum List

Back