Newest Health Care Bill ~ This one is 1900 pages

Oh, here we go.....again. I bet the CBO will have a field day with this one, and there won't be any savings over the 10 years. If it's 1900 pages, it's going to be convoluted, as it should be. The government doesn't want anyone to understand the wording of this debacle.

It's maybe 8 to ten words per line, triple-spaced(?)!

"See Spot Run! Run, Spot, Run! Run, Run, Run!

Doctors will be able to understand this, and even read it.

Pharmacists will be able to read this.

After the two major, recent, economic funding bills--the big question is whether or not anyone in the Executive Branch will read this, and even the one before this!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
(The other first African American President in History--20% Afrikaner, 80% Not Too Up On Things--actually was of the Party of Ronald Reagan, who rarely read. The current first African American President in history, (Same Description), seems to have believed, and so-stated, that Ronald Reagan could fly(?)! He too, apparently did not read the "Stimulus Bill" for the already funded bureaucrats and teachers, for example, after all! "Other" still seems to me "everyone else," who of course, Still don't get funded, much! It is of interest to note how many people come to mind, when it comes to not doing much reading!)

Just chiming in because I want to follow this one.

I did catch Pelosi's big announcement of putting the legislation up for a vote along with her jubilant promises that it will bring down the deficit, will make things even better for Seniors, will lower costs for everybody, will insure everybody who doesn't have insurance, will encourage competition, etc. etc. etc. and it won't cost the taxpayer's a dime. Oh yeah, and also there has been maximum transparency about what is in it--I guess she didn't hear all those Democrats dodging all those questions about it or the one who said there was no point in reading it because nobody without a team of expert lawyers would be able to understand it.

Of course it doesn't include a single provision of what the experts have recommended as healthcare reform that will actually work.

But they keep voting Pelosi and company back into office.

Last edited:
Can somebody show me the legnth of the bill that was passed that included The Patriot Act?

Can somebody please show the lenght of bills created from 2000 - 2006 when Republicans were in control of Congress and the White House?

I wonder how many Republicans actually created multi-thousand page bills when they were in control and did the Dems hold press conferences complaining about it then? NO!

If the Republicans are complaining that their job requires too much reading than they should be fired from their positions so a Democrat who actually likes reading can take it over for them. Otherwise, STFU, and your job.

Can somebody show me the legnth of the bill that was passed that included The Patriot Act?

Can somebody please show the lenght of bills created from 2000 - 2006 when Republicans were in control of Congress and the White House?

I wonder how many Republicans actually created multi-thousand page bills when they were in control and did the Dems hold press conferences complaining about it then? NO!

If the Republicans are complaining that their job requires too much reading than they should be fired from their positions so a Democrat who actually likes reading can take it over for them. Otherwise, STFU, and your job.

I believe the Patriot Act was 340 or so pages if I remember correctly. And it was passed by a large bipartisan majority of Congress. And NOBODY suggested that it shouldn't be read before voting on it or that it could be understood only by an informed team of legal eagles.

http://health.burgess.house.gov/UploadedFiles/House_HCR_bill.pdf

On Page 212:

PROVISION OF BENEFIT LEVELS.—The public health insurance option—
(A) shall offer basic, enhanced, and premium plans; and
(B) may offer premium-plus plans
Now why would the public option offer 4 different plans?

and why the "Premium" and "Premium Plus" Plans? And why is the government considering a "Cadillac " tax on private health plans that can be called "premium" or "premium plus"?

So the government doesn't want private insurers to offer the too expensive too comprehensive insurance plans and will tax people if they buy them then the government offers premium plus plans subsidized with tax payer dollars to "compete" with private insurers premium plans.

And as an aside here, I have to comment on the front page of the bill and specifically the wording:

A BILL
To provide affordable, quality health care for all Americans
and reduce the growth in health care spending, and
for other purposes.

What are these "other purposes"? and how much do you want to bet these "other purposes" have nothing to do with health care and will cost us a ton of dough?

Last edited:

I don't recall the republicans taking 1/5--1/6 of our economy and and doing a start up business with it, do you David S? What's this STFU crap?

It's your argument, you go find them.

I don't recall the republicans taking 1/5--1/6 of our economy and and doing a start up business with it, do you David S? What's this STFU crap?

Let's see here, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan over the past 8 years have cost exactly HOW MUCH? Nearly $1 trillion? How much is the healthcare bill? Under $900 billion? How much have the wars hurt our national deficit? Nearly $1 trillion? How much is the healthcare bill going to add to our deficit? ZERO. ZIP. ZILCH. How many millions of Americans' lives will be improved by the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? ZIP. ZERO. ZILCH. How many millions of Americans' lives will be improved by the healthcare bill? At least 37 million Americans who don't currently have healthcare insurance. And then there are the millions of Americans who actually DO have insurance and who switch to the government option.

It's the Marxist way donchyaknow? :eusa_shhh:

Oh, here we go.....again. I bet the CBO will have a field day with this one, and there won't be any savings over the 10 years. If it's 1900 pages, it's going to be convoluted, as it should be. The government doesn't want anyone to understand the wording of this debacle.

Yes and it will cover everyone including illegals and will cover abortions and on and on it goes. The CBO will number crunch it and find out that it is going to cost well over 1 trillion dollars and send all of the dems into a mass panic. I would actually read this if I thought it had a snowball's chance in hell of passing, but I know it doesn't.

I don't know why they don't start with baby steps.
1. Tort reform.
2. Opening competiton among the states.
3. Health savings plans,
4. High dedutible, catastrophic plans.
5. Portability.
6. no pre-existing conditions through legislation.

Maybe, because it's not about health care reform but a massive take over of 6% of our economy.

That's right the Democrats prefer to just go ahead and pass bills without bothering to actually read them. Get a grip on realism, we've seen this happen already.

Let's see here, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan over the past 8 years have cost exactly HOW MUCH? Nearly $1 trillion? How much is the healthcare bill? Under $900 billion? How much have the wars hurt our national deficit? Nearly $1 trillion? How much is the healthcare bill going to add to our deficit? ZERO. ZIP. ZILCH. How many millions of Americans' lives will be improved by the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan? ZIP. ZERO. ZILCH. How many millions of Americans' lives will be improved by the healthcare bill? At least 37 million Americans who don't currently have healthcare insurance. And then there are the millions of Americans who actually DO have insurance and who switch to the government option.

It has already been revealed that the Democrats have a separate bill adding at least $250 billion to the deficit to make up for the monies that their Healthcare bills would steal from Doctors under medicare. You don't look for facts much do you?

There was much celebration on Capitol Hill today with the announcement of the new House health care bill. For myself, as a three time breast cancer survivor, there was tremendous sadness and disappointment in the Speaker.

Nancy Pelosi made a choice with regard to the lifesaving biologic drugs I took when I was in chemotherapy that will cost many of my fellow breast cancer survivors everything they own, and quite possibly their lives.

Jeanne Sather is another breast cancer survivor. In 2007, she wrote on her blog The Assertive Patient:

I love Herceptin, a drug I have been getting to treat my metastatic breast cancer for more than five years now....The main reason I love Herceptin is that it is a targeted antibody, without the side effects of traditional cancer drugs: hair loss, fatigue, nausea, vomiting -- you know the list.

The cost of Jeanne's miracle "biologic" cancer drugs, Herceptin and Avastin, was $300,000 a year in 2006. By the time she switched to another biologic drug, Tykerb, she was within a few months of hitting her lifetime cap of $1 million:

Even with the help of a special state health insurance plan, the 53-year-old freelance writer is struggling to afford the expensive new drugs that are helping her in her battle.

"I've been borrowing against my house to make ends meet, and that can't go on," Sather says. "I'm so afraid these drugs will cost me my home."

Read more at: Jane Hamsher: House Health Care Bill: A Death Sentence For My Fellow Breast Cancer Survivors

Stay tuned, skippy. :lol: You, I, and the government have no idea how much this will cost until the CBO does the audit. As far as it not costing us anything.....you really believe that? Just wait and see how much we are going to get nailed. I know, I know, they will reduce waste and fraud to recoup a pile of money....yeah, right. Respectfully, grow up DavidS.

Last edited:

Obama is on record today syaing how wonderful this is...not even -HE- has read it. All he knows is that his mignion Statists in the Congress came up with it, and therefore it must be good.

And will any of the dems even read it or just vote for it blindly? This country is so screwed!!!!

Forum List

Back