Newest Health Care Bill ~ This one is 1900 pages

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by Angel Heart, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Angel Heart

Angel Heart Conservative Hippie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +341
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    They should just burn it, because it won't pass.

3. Meister

Meister VIP Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,100
    Oh, here we go.....again. I bet the CBO will have a field day with this one, and there won't be any savings over the 10 years. If it's 1900 pages, it's going to be convoluted, as it should be. The government doesn't want anyone to understand the wording of this debacle.

4. mascale

mascale VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +453
    It's maybe 8 to ten words per line, triple-spaced(?)!

"See Spot Run! Run, Spot, Run! Run, Run, Run!

Doctors will be able to understand this, and even read it.

Pharmacists will be able to read this.

After the two major, recent, economic funding bills--the big question is whether or not anyone in the Executive Branch will read this, and even the one before this!

"Crow, James Crow: Shaken, Not Stirred!"
    (The other first African American President in History--20% Afrikaner, 80% Not Too Up On Things--actually was of the Party of Ronald Reagan, who rarely read. The current first African American President in history, (Same Description), seems to have believed, and so-stated, that Ronald Reagan could fly(?)! He too, apparently did not read the "Stimulus Bill" for the already funded bureaucrats and teachers, for example, after all! "Other" still seems to me "everyone else," who of course, Still don't get funded, much! It is of interest to note how many people come to mind, when it comes to not doing much reading!)

5. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,401
    Just chiming in because I want to follow this one.

I did catch Pelosi's big announcement of putting the legislation up for a vote along with her jubilant promises that it will bring down the deficit, will make things even better for Seniors, will lower costs for everybody, will insure everybody who doesn't have insurance, will encourage competition, etc. etc. etc. and it won't cost the taxpayer's a dime. Oh yeah, and also there has been maximum transparency about what is in it--I guess she didn't hear all those Democrats dodging all those questions about it or the one who said there was no point in reading it because nobody without a team of expert lawyers would be able to understand it.

Of course it doesn't include a single provision of what the experts have recommended as healthcare reform that will actually work.

But they keep voting Pelosi and company back into office.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  6. DavidS

DavidS Anti-Tea Party Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +767
    Can somebody show me the legnth of the bill that was passed that included The Patriot Act?

Can somebody please show the lenght of bills created from 2000 - 2006 when Republicans were in control of Congress and the White House?

I wonder how many Republicans actually created multi-thousand page bills when they were in control and did the Dems hold press conferences complaining about it then? NO!

If the Republicans are complaining that their job requires too much reading than they should be fired from their positions so a Democrat who actually likes reading can take it over for them. Otherwise, STFU, and your job.

7. Foxfyre

Foxfyre Eternal optimist Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,401
    I believe the Patriot Act was 340 or so pages if I remember correctly. And it was passed by a large bipartisan majority of Congress. And NOBODY suggested that it shouldn't be read before voting on it or that it could be understood only by an informed team of legal eagles.

8. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,095
    http://health.burgess.house.gov/UploadedFiles/House_HCR_bill.pdf

On Page 212:

Now why would the public option offer 4 different plans?

and why the "Premium" and "Premium Plus" Plans? And why is the government considering a "Cadillac " tax on private health plans that can be called "premium" or "premium plus"?

So the government doesn't want private insurers to offer the too expensive too comprehensive insurance plans and will tax people if they buy them then the government offers premium plus plans subsidized with tax payer dollars to "compete" with private insurers premium plans.

And as an aside here, I have to comment on the front page of the bill and specifically the wording:

What are these "other purposes"? and how much do you want to bet these "other purposes" have nothing to do with health care and will cost us a ton of dough?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  9. Meister

Meister VIP Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,100
    I don't recall the republicans taking 1/5--1/6 of our economy and and doing a start up business with it, do you David S? What's this STFU crap?

10. Lonestar_logic

Lonestar_logic Republic of Texas

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    It's your argument, you go find them.