Newest Health Care Bill ~ This one is 1900 pages

Can somebody show me the legnth of the bill that was passed that included The Patriot Act?

Can somebody please show the lenght of bills created from 2000 - 2006 when Republicans were in control of Congress and the White House?

I wonder how many Republicans actually created multi-thousand page bills when they were in control and did the Dems hold press conferences complaining about it then? NO!

If the Republicans are complaining that their job requires too much reading than they should be fired from their positions so a Democrat who actually likes reading can take it over for them. Otherwise, STFU, and your job.

Bill length is a retarded argument. Bills are appear a lot longer than they actually are for several reasons. First, they're written in legal language. Second, a larger-than-normal font size is used. Third, huge margins.

Can somebody show me the legnth of the bill that was passed that included The Patriot Act?

Patriot Act was only 132 pages: http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi...=107_cong_public_laws&docid=f:publ056.107.pdf

Can somebody please show the lenght of bills created from 2000 - 2006 when Republicans were in control of Congress and the White House?

Well the prescription drug program was 415 pages: http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=108_cong_bills&docid=f:h1enr.txt.pdf

I wonder how many Republicans actually created multi-thousand page bills when they were in control and did the Dems hold press conferences complaining about it then? NO!

They did bitch about. Let me guess, you missed the clip of Obama from a radio interview bitching about the size of the bills and the speed that they pass them.

If the Republicans are complaining that their job requires too much reading than they should be fired from their positions so a Democrat who actually likes reading can take it over for them. Otherwise, STFU, and your job.

The Democrats are not reading the bills. They are openly admitting it.

Bill length is a retarded argument. Bills are appear a lot longer than they actually are for several reasons. First, they're written in legal language. Second, a larger-than-normal font size is used. Third, huge margins.

Bill length is also an intentional ploy to discourage the public from reading it, from allowing the public time to digest and understand it before a vote, and also is an excellent way to hide all sorts of things that they omitted from their glowing propaganda intended to sell it to the gullible.

As Nancy Pelosi gushed all the virtues in this bill--one expected her to add that it guarantees to cure cancer, AIDS, and Alzheimers, do away with poverty, and achieve world peace--and boasted at how the transparency of it was unprecedented, she didn't mention that her speech was in front of an invitation-only crowd made up of only supporters of government controlled healthcare.

The media was not permitted to comment or ask impromptu questions, and the general public was not invited and anyone not invited was turned away at the door.

Such is the definition of 'transparency' in our current government.

It will be interesting to see of Harry lets the bill now hang a bit so it can be picked apart - he and Nancy are not getting along these days.

There are wheels within wheels at play on this one...

Just chiming in because I want to follow this one.

I did catch Pelosi's big announcement of putting the legislation up for a vote along with her jubilant promises that it will bring down the deficit, will make things even better for Seniors, will lower costs for everybody, will insure everybody who doesn't have insurance, will encourage competition, etc. etc. etc. and it won't cost the taxpayer's a dime. Oh yeah, and also there has been maximum transparency about what is in it--I guess she didn't hear all those Democrats dodging all those questions about it or the one who said there was no point in reading it because nobody without a team of expert lawyers would be able to understand it.

Of course it doesn't include a single provision of what the experts have recommended as healthcare reform that will actually work.

But they keep voting Pelosi and company back into office.

Does it turn water into wine?

I really, really, really wish Pelosi would have the good grace to shut the fuck up and retire.

Patriot Act was only 132 pages: http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi...=107_cong_public_laws&docid=f:publ056.107.pdf

Well the prescription drug program was 415 pages: http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=108_cong_bills&docid=f:h1enr.txt.pdf

They did bitch about. Let me guess, you missed the clip of Obama from a radio interview bitching about the size of the bills and the speed that they pass them.

Another liberal liar bites the dust .......

Bill length is also an intentional ploy to discourage the public from reading it, from allowing the public time to digest and understand it before a vote, and also is an excellent way to hide all sorts of things that they omitted from their glowing propaganda intended to sell it to the gullible.

As Nancy Pelosi gushed all the virtues in this bill--one expected her to add that it guarantees to cure cancer, AIDS, and Alzheimers, do away with poverty, and achieve world peace--and boasted at how the transparency of it was unprecedented, she didn't mention that her speech was in front of an invitation-only crowd made up of only supporters of government controlled healthcare.

The media was not permitted to comment or ask impromptu questions, and the general public was not invited and anyone not invited was turned away at the door.

It's OK. Other WILL read it...namely the CBO.

What the Hell is wrong with these people? The public at large this past Summer have already told these Statists idiots 'NO', and we don't WANT Government intrusion...but yet we get the proverbial "FUCK YOU" from our EMPLOYED Electeds?

2010 is gonna be interesting.

Another liberal liar bites the dust .......

DemocRATS are gonna suffer after 2010...

The Democrats crafting huge omnibus bills is like Tolstoy saying he'd never read War & Peace because it's too long.

Oh, here we go.....again. I bet the CBO will have a field day with this one, and there won't be any savings over the 10 years. If it's 1900 pages, it's going to be convoluted, as it should be. The government doesn't want anyone to understand the wording of this debacle.

Cuts the deficit by over 100 billion over the ten years, actually.
http://cbo.gov/ftpdocs/106xx/doc10688/hr3962Rangel.pdf

Polk...please, lets just wait for the comprehensive audit of the bill...OK?

If this "thing" passes, it would be combined with Senate bill.

I hope to see at least 4000 pages, and someone to actually read it. :)

If people desire to read the bill, they'll do so. If they don't want to read the bill, that is their choice as well.

Oh, here we go.....again. I bet the CBO will have a field day with this one, and there won't be any savings over the 10 years. If it's 1900 pages, it's going to be convoluted, as it should be. The government doesn't want anyone to understand the wording of this debacle.

Talk about a sliding scale. If the CBO numbers favor your position, they're gospel. If they don't favor your position, you pretend like they don't exist.

Ame®icano;1663327 said:
If this "thing" passes, it would be combined with Senate bill.

I hope to see at least 4000 pages, and someone to actually read it. :)

It won't be combined with the Senate bill. The bills would be merged into one bill in conference. Since the vast majority of the sections overlap, the final bill will be roughly the same length as the original.

If people desire to read the bill, they'll do so. If they don't want to read the bill, that is their choice as well.

Screw the people(that's what the Democrats say), I want the Representatives and Senators to not only read the Bill but to have the time to comprehend it. that should take the quickest sharpest of the 535 of them at least 2 weeks, and the slowest about 6 weeks, with help. I then want the entire bill translated into language that a 12th grader can understand. So that each American who gives a damn can understand what this congress is trying to do to us. Then I want a week for all the people to contact their representatives and senators; should they desire. Then and only then would I want something this big to be voted on.

But fact is the Democrats will give us maybe 72 hours total time and figure thats enough. They will vote for it no matter if they even attempted to read it, after all Obama, Reid and Pelosi said it's good.

Screw the people(that's what the Democrats say), I want the Representatives and Senators to not only read the Bill but to have the time to comprehend it. that should take the quickest sharpest of the 535 of them at least 2 weeks, and the slowest about 6 weeks, with help. I then want the entire bill translated into language that a 12th grader can understand. So that each American who gives a damn can understand what this congress is trying to do to us. Then I want a week for all the people to contact their representatives and senators; should they desire. Then and only then would I want something this big to be voted on.

But fact is the Democrats will give us maybe 72 hours total time and figure thats enough. They will vote for it no matter if they even attempted to read it, after all Obama, Reid and Pelosi said it's good.
Reid nor Pelosi KNOW what's in it. Reid let the cat out of the bag with his 'Trial Balloons earlier this week. Neither has a fucking clue, because NO ONE legislator is writing this shit. It' comes from outside the HALLS of The Congress, which is enough in my mind to defeat this shit.

Talk about a sliding scale. If the CBO numbers favor your position, they're gospel. If they don't favor your position, you pretend like they don't exist.

Are you playing ignorant, or is it real? Look at your damn source polk, it states that it hasn't done a comprehensive audit of it. Sheesh, you don't even know what you posted???? Show me what I have ever said about the CBO favoring, or not favoring my position...or are you projecting? Which is it????? The more I read your posts, the more you look like a goofball to me. just sayin......

Are you playing ignorant, or is it real? Look at your damn source polk, it states that it hasn't done a comprehensive audit of it. Sheesh, you don't even know what you posted???? Show me what I have ever said about the CBO favoring, or not favoring my position...or are you projecting? Which is it????? The more I read your posts, the more you look like a goofball to me. just sayin......

You'll have to excuse Polky. He's a 22 year old College student, who is a staunch partisan who doesn't READ much.

Forum List

Back