New Zimmerman pics

It might be real but there are things about it that give me doubt. If his head was "repeatedly slammed into the ground on the lawn" which I believe was his version, the wound on top would not be so straight. Also, the previous photos of him show a vertical mark and this one is horizontal. Finally, the jacket is missing the black trim on the collar that shows in the previous photos.

There could be an explanation for all that but this photo seems inconsistent with his retelling and other photos.
If this is genuine, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

I don't see the "testosterone" factor with the victim, but it could be there.........................

Until we know for sure, who touched who first, and who was the first to use violence, and under what circumstances, it is projection and speculation, based on thin air. Welcome to the show.

True, but the SA must believe she has a case, correct?

Not necessarily. The decision to bring charges could have been a political move designed to quiet rising racial tensions. How else can you explain the decision to charge Zimmerman with 2nd degree murder instead of manslaughter?

Until we know for sure, who touched who first, and who was the first to use violence, and under what circumstances, it is projection and speculation, based on thin air. Welcome to the show.

Not necessarily. The decision to bring charges could have been a political move designed to quiet rising racial tensions. How else can you explain the decision to charge Zimmerman with 2nd degree murder instead of manslaughter?

The Criminal PUNISHMENT Code. Florida has very tough laws AND sentences now.

Ok, but based on the facts we know, how does that explain why Zimmerman was charged with 2nd degree murder and not manslaughter?

Ok, but based on the facts we know, how does that explain why Zimmerman was charged with 2nd degree murder and not manslaughter?

ONLY the State Attorney knows for sure!:D

It might be real but there are things about it that give me doubt. If his head was "repeatedly slammed into the ground on the lawn" which I believe was his version, the wound on top would not be so straight. Also, the previous photos of him show a vertical mark and this one is horizontal. Finally, the jacket is missing the black trim on the collar that shows in the previous photos.

There could be an explanation for all that but this photo seems inconsistent with his retelling and other photos.
If this is genuine, I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

I don't see the "testosterone" factor with the victim, but it could be there.........................

So instead of addressing anything said.... oh wait. That's right. What was the title of that thread? "What makes debating with Liberals so frustrating"
Obviously it applies to Conservatives too. :)

from the ABC link-
The person recalled seeing Martin's prostrate body on the wet grass and said the gunpowder burns on Martin's gray hoodie were clearly visible.

If true and as it implies they were at very close range, absent an eye witness to the fight scuffle fight whatever, I just don't see how they are going to be able to come back with a guilty verdict.

as far as the marks on zimmermans head, they seem, consistent with his story.

from the ABC link-
The person recalled seeing Martin's prostrate body on the wet grass and said the gunpowder burns on Martin's gray hoodie were clearly visible.

If true and as it implies they were at very close range, absent an eye witness to the fight scuffle fight whatever, I just don't see how they are going to be able to come back with a guilty verdict.

Maybe manslaughter, I was surprised to learn the State was going for 2nd degree myself.

I'm interested in the specific area of where the victim was shot and if it fits with the victim going back to the car or not.

It appears the victim is shot at a point where he must turn and walk down a row of houses before getting to his dad's place.

If it is true that Zimmerman lost the victim and that the victim went back and confronted Zimmerman, than how does Zimmerman end up at a vantage point where the victim is obviously right there in front of you since they both were at the turning point where the row of houses was that the victim needed to take to get home.

I mean, they victim is found beyond the turning point which means if the kid went back to find Zimmerman, what, did they then go back closer to the victim's house?

It's a sticky detail to me because Zimmerman claims he was the victim of a sneak attack after having lost the victim.

from the ABC link-

Maybe manslaughter, I was surprised to learn the State was going for 2nd degree myself.

Yeah, I bet that the murder charge surprised a loft of people, myself included. If they are working on a plea deal then I think something along the lines of Reckless Endangerment might find it's way in. Zimmerman may choose to take it to trial and work for an acquittal if he can afford to do so. If the finances to defend himself are not there he may have to consider that along with taking a plea deal.

Last edited:

ONLY the State Attorney knows for sure!:D

Ok, so you have no idea why he was charged with 2nd degree murder rather than manslaughter, but looking at the definitions of the two charges under Florida law suggests an answer to the question.

The Florida Murder statute is contained in Section 782.04. First degree murder (Section 782(1)(a)) requires proof of "premeditated design" and is a capital offense. Second degree murder, in contrast, requires proof of "imminently dangerous" conduct "evincing a depraved mind." Second degree murder is defined in Section 782.04(2), which provides:

The unlawful killing of a human being, when perpetrated by any act imminently dangerous to another and evincing a depraved mind regardless of human life, although without any premeditated design to effect the death of any particular individual, is murder in the second degree and constitutes a felony of the first degree, punishable by imprisonment for a term of years not exceeding life ….

Zimmerman could have been charged with manslaughter, which is defined in Section 782.07(1). That section of the law provides:

The killing of a human being by the act, procurement, or culpable negligence of another, without lawful justification according to the provisions of chapter 776 and in cases in which such killing shall not be excusable homicide or murder, according to the provisions of this chapter, is manslaughter, a felony of the second degree ….

According to Section 775.082, the maximum penalty for a felony of the second degree is 15 years.

The key difference between the two charges is that 2nd degree murder requires the defendant to have shown "a depraved mind regardless of human life" but without the presumption that this was in effect a racist hate crime there is no evidence of "a depraved mind regardless of human life" and there is no evidence of racism at play here. Is there any reason to think that if Zimmerman had seen a white or Hispanic in a hoodie wandering through the neighborhood he would have reacted any differently?

The prosecutor charged Zimmerman with 2nd degree murder instead of manslaughter because from the beginning those clamoring for Zimmerman's head have claimed this was in effect a racist hate crime, and only a charge of murder would quiet them down. What we have here is a political stunt, not an honest effort to find justice for the two men involved.

fa8rkl.jpg

Would you all stop acting like you're the authority on what constitutes murder already. For fucks sake if it were so damn simple we would just execute people on the spot.

Stfu already and keep this shit in law and justice where it belongs.

Obsessive compulsive derangement much. Jeez

Zimmerman has been overcharged by a prosecutor who is out to make a name for herself. This trial will happen after the election, give people time to cool off and then when Zimmerman is acquitted of Murder 2 charges there will be riots...

The fact is at most Zimmerman is guilty of negligent manslaughter. He didn't act with forethought or malice. The autopsy of Martin will provide the necessary details to determine if Zimmerman was acting as an aggressor. Is Trayvon Martin battered / bruised? Does the physical evidence on Zimmerman, grass stains / cuts / bruises etc. match Zimmerman's account of the incident? How about the witnesses?

Something tells me Zimmerman is going to walk. I believe he put himself in a bad situation, he had bad judgement and somebody died because of it. But I don't believe that he started the physical confrontation. I believe he was getting his @ss beat by Martin and Martin may have made a move for his weapon at which point deadly force was more than justified.

Would you all stop acting like you're the authority on what constitutes murder already. For fucks sake if it were so damn simple we would just execute people on the spot.

Think much?

Clearly, no.

LOL, stop crying. This is a discussion board, we are discussing, that's what we do here you old fart.

Zimmerman has been overcharged by a prosecutor who is out to make a name for herself. This trial will happen after the election, give people time to cool off and then when Zimmerman is acquitted of Murder 2 charges there will be riots...

The fact is at most Zimmerman is guilty of negligent manslaughter. He didn't act with forethought or malice. The autopsy of Martin will provide the necessary details to determine if Zimmerman was acting as an aggressor. Is Trayvon Martin battered / bruised? Does the physical evidence on Zimmerman, grass stains / cuts / bruises etc. match Zimmerman's account of the incident? How about the witnesses?

Something tells me Zimmerman is going to walk. I believe he put himself in a bad situation, he had bad judgement and somebody died because of it. But I don't believe that he started the physical confrontation. I believe he was getting his @ss beat by Martin and Martin may have made a move for his weapon at which point deadly force was more than justified.

Pretty much, yep, it certainly could go that way if Zimmerman can afford to pay for that much defense.

Forum List

Back