New Zealand: First They Took Their Guns.....Now They're Removing Jesus From Their Lives

SURE , the JEWS were disarmed and then killed by the Ruling and Legally Elected 'nazi' government . It was the legally elected government that killed Jews , Jehovahs Witnesses , Christians , the disabled , the 'homosexals' and one current example of that type of murder would be muslim 'iran' that currently does the same . Thats partially why 'governments' should not hold ALL Power AnyN

Last edited:
see what the legally elected 'nazi' did to Jews in the 'Warsaw Ghetto uprising' . Too bad that those JEW's didn't all have guns to fight the 'nazis' . Thats why its a shame that 'new zealands' government is disarming its 'subjects' [sheep] of their effective and efficient firearms AnyN .

Don a hijab, show how "tolerant" you are. Especially if you aren't Muslim.
I love it. What do you have to say here, Christian church lady?

iu
I say when the muslims attack NZ, for Gods sake be the first to go.

Joe certainly is a touchy-feely kind guy. Too many pictures of him doing just what was described for him to deny it.

Note the double standard.

Islam is observed nation wide, and that is fine.

Meanwhile any reference to Christianity is considered discrimination against everyone else.
I'd be interested in your best evidence of Christianity being discriminated against in favour of Islam in NZ.
Removing Jesus from the parliamentary prayer doesn't count because it hasn't been replaced with any Islamic reference.

Whys all of a sudden is Jesus offensive in NZ?

Liberals. They always find Christianity offensive. But now they have an excuse for their bigotry.
Why are you upset?
Where are Christians being offended against in NZ?

It bothers me to see Western Civilization declining in front of me. That is why I am upset.

The double standard and discrimination demonstrated in the OP, is an offense against Christians in NZ.
Stop voting for Democrats and you'll be doing your part to end this nonsense.
Any Republicans that go along with it are just as guilty

Those people are getting more bat shit crazy by the day.

No more pork to kiss the ass of the filthy Muslims.

Wellington NZ - Sources inside the NZ House of Parliament are reporting the overnight passage of a bill which will prohibit the production and consumption of pork and pork products across the nation.

Reports are circulating that PM Jacinda Ardern felt a compelling need to demonstrate the nation's solidarity with its Islamic population after the tragic events of last month.

"Our country must remove all impediments to continuing the peaceful and caring atmosphere of our Islamic population", Ardern is quoted as saying, "We need to cease any and all practices in the nation which might offend and must insure those beautiful, peaceful people aren't offended by our actions -such as the continued consumption of pork."

The legislation mandates the 'immediate cessation of the raising of pork for market' and will impose stiff fines and could result in prison time for violators.

After April 15th anyone found in possession of pork products could be sentenced to up to 37 years in prison, and repeat offenders could receive the death penalty.

President of the New Zealand Labour Party, Nigel Haworth is reported to be trying to determine the feasibility of a quick and complete conversion of NZ law to Sharia Law. "We need to support the Islamic Community and changing the basis of the NZ Constitution to Sharia Law will accomplish our goal", Haworth said in a statement Saturday.

NZ Police are posting a report form on their website by which people can turn in their pork and avoid the fines and prison time.

Why the U.S. and New Zealand's responses to mass shootings are so different

Wellington NZ - Sources inside the NZ House of Parliament are reporting the overnight passage of a bill which will prohibit the production and consumption of pork and pork products across the nation.

Reports are circulating that PM Jacinda Ardern felt a compelling need to demonstrate the nation's solidarity with its Islamic population after the tragic events of last month.

"Our country must remove all impediments to continuing the peaceful and caring atmosphere of our Islamic population", Ardern is quoted as saying, "We need to cease any and all practices in the nation which might offend and must insure those beautiful, peaceful people aren't offended by our actions -such as the continued consumption of pork."

The legislation mandates the 'immediate cessation of the raising of pork for market' and will impose stiff fines and could result in prison time for violators.

After April 15th anyone found in possession of pork products could be sentenced to up to 37 years in prison, and repeat offenders could receive the death penalty.

President of the New Zealand Labour Party, Nigel Haworth is reported to be trying to determine the feasibility of a quick and complete conversion of NZ law to Sharia Law. "We need to support the Islamic Community and changing the basis of the NZ Constitution to Sharia Law will accomplish our goal", Haworth said in a statement Saturday.

NZ Police are posting a report form on their website by which people can turn in their pork and avoid the fines and prison time.

NAW , Though i'd approve if it was true [feck them 'new zealanders' ] . Anyway , funny post and Thanks for it this April 1st 2019 .

Ah, I see. And your argument is that this is why it should also mention one, specifically. That's a pretty crappy argument, by any standard.
It's not my argument so I really don't care what you think of it. Jesus is mentioned specifically for historical and cultural reasons and is a non specific mention of God there merely to cover all bases? I didn't write the convocation. I don't know.
You wanted my opinion, you got it. Expressing my opinion in a discussion gives me no power over anyone in new Zealand. I could say the same, idiotic, sissy thing to you, every time you express your opinion. Grow up.
Who wanted your opinion? Not me. I didn't ask for it, I wasn't waiting for it.
I can definitely do without it.

From a Parliamentary prayer by the Speaker of the Parliament, who has the Authority to do so.
Too bad he doesn't have the ability to exercise his authority with more restraint and discretion. His unilateral action blindsided nearly half the citizens of New Zealand but authoritarian leftists really don't concern themselves with things like that.

The NZ PM is your typical, Virtue Signaling, Social Justice Warrior IDIOT.

Trevor Mallard, NZ Speaker of the House, and unilaterally responsible for removing references to Jesus in parliamentary
prayers without notice or consultation, is a member of the New Zealand Labour Party which, surprise, is a progressive
Social Democratic political organ for the left leaning people of the nation.
A party principle is for the government to ensure "a just distribution of wealth" and social justice.
Sounds like the democrats, doesn't it?

The point is the Labour Party doesn't ask permission to achieve their goals...they simply take action whenever and wherever they can, like the democrats who have used the courts to get their way many times when it wasn't possible
through the ballot or by law.

I heard all men are now required to wear beards, women to wear tents, and the official language is now Arabic.
So, Good-day Mate and praise Allah. Allaaaaaaaaaaaah Akbar!!!!

Yup......it's started.

New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer
03-30-2019
Steve Warren

Just barely two weeks following the mosque shootings in Christchurch, New Zealand, the government has decided to remove all references to Jesus Christ from its parliamentary prayer.

The move by Speaker of the House Trevor Mallard has angered the country's Christian population. Mallard made the decision in order to drop references to Jesus in order to make the prayer "more inclusive" for all parliamentarians.

The Guardian reports a reference to "Almighty God" remains, but it is not a specific reference to a Christian God.

Earlier this week, around 1,000 people protested just outside of the parliament building in Wellington. The group wanted Jesus name reinstated in the prayer because Christianity is part of the nation's history.

Ross Smith, the organizer of the event, told Radio NZ the country has a Christian heritage that should not be erased.

"It's a legacy. The principals and the values that are in this nation are based on our Christian-Judea roots. Removing the name would destroy those roots," he said.

"He needs a good kick in his pants, and he needs to actually be removed because this is a Christian nation," protester Rieki Teutscher told Radio NZ. We don't share his atheism."

Another demonstrator, Carmel Morgan, said Mallard should have consulted with New Zealanders or announced a referendum before changing the prayer.

"This is a land of democracy, this is a land of freedom, you know, we want to be a first world country... he took that choice away from us."

Other New Zealand politicians also voiced their concern over the change made by the speaker without consulting the entire parliament.

Well, the decision as to what should be changed should be made by parliamentarians and not the speaker – that's our position, I don't mind telling you publicly," deputy prime minister Winston Peters told RadioNZ.

"If you're going to make a change let's have parliament decide – not one person," Peters added.

Mallard said he had consulted other politicians and the majority he spoke to were in favor of a secular prayer.

One week after a white supremacist gunman opened fire inside two mosques, killing 50 people, the entire country observed a Muslim call to prayer. The event was televised nationwide. New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer
In a country with vastly different religious beliefs like New Zealand, government should be neutral otherwise it invites accusations of religious discrimination and stirs up hatred. However, I think the timing of this decision is bad.
However, I think the timing of this decision is bad
What...October last year?
We're criticising the NZ government for not having the power of prescience now?
LIAR!!!
The article was dated on the 30th of March. This has nothing to do with October of last year.
Try clicking through to the reference Guardian article.
Here's a screenshot to help you.
Note the date of the article.
Yelling 'liar' doesn't change the one pesky fact that you're wrong and have been fooled by a misleading story.

Parliamentary prayer Guardian.png

Yup......it's started.

New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer
03-30-2019
Steve Warren

Just barely two weeks following the mosque shootings in Christchurch, New Zealand, the government has decided to remove all references to Jesus Christ from its parliamentary prayer.

The move by Speaker of the House Trevor Mallard has angered the country's Christian population. Mallard made the decision in order to drop references to Jesus in order to make the prayer "more inclusive" for all parliamentarians.

The Guardian reports a reference to "Almighty God" remains, but it is not a specific reference to a Christian God.

Earlier this week, around 1,000 people protested just outside of the parliament building in Wellington. The group wanted Jesus name reinstated in the prayer because Christianity is part of the nation's history.

Ross Smith, the organizer of the event, told Radio NZ the country has a Christian heritage that should not be erased.

"It's a legacy. The principals and the values that are in this nation are based on our Christian-Judea roots. Removing the name would destroy those roots," he said.

"He needs a good kick in his pants, and he needs to actually be removed because this is a Christian nation," protester Rieki Teutscher told Radio NZ. We don't share his atheism."

Another demonstrator, Carmel Morgan, said Mallard should have consulted with New Zealanders or announced a referendum before changing the prayer.

"This is a land of democracy, this is a land of freedom, you know, we want to be a first world country... he took that choice away from us."

Other New Zealand politicians also voiced their concern over the change made by the speaker without consulting the entire parliament.

Well, the decision as to what should be changed should be made by parliamentarians and not the speaker – that's our position, I don't mind telling you publicly," deputy prime minister Winston Peters told RadioNZ.

"If you're going to make a change let's have parliament decide – not one person," Peters added.

Mallard said he had consulted other politicians and the majority he spoke to were in favor of a secular prayer.

One week after a white supremacist gunman opened fire inside two mosques, killing 50 people, the entire country observed a Muslim call to prayer. The event was televised nationwide. New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer
In a country with vastly different religious beliefs like New Zealand, government should be neutral otherwise it invites accusations of religious discrimination and stirs up hatred. However, I think the timing of this decision is bad.
--------------------------------- funny and PARTLY agree . Timing is bad for the lefty 'gov' but otherwise its good for 'new zealander' Christians to see that their lefty gov is their enemy with ill will and intent towards them Flopper .
If October 2018 was bad timing...then what would have been good timing?
They waited for a five month gap until a mass shooting...that seems a pretty reasonable time-frame to me.
Liar.
Refer above...

I believe you engage in misinformation (and lies, really) when you say "liberals slam christians"

Many liberals (the majority?) are christians, themselves. They just happen to be more LIBERAL christians. It would be more accurate and honest to say liberals slam CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIANS.

The thing is....
when you slam liberals who consider themselves CHRISTIANS you, yourself, are "slamming christians"......just not CONSERVATIVE christians.

You do understand that NOT ALL CHRISTIANS are fundies?
do you?

or not?

When I slam liberals for what they say or do, I am not slamming "christians" in that I am not slamming them for BEING christians.

When the New Zealand government purges Christianity from the public prayer, as it did, it is denying the heritage and faith of New Zealand Christians BECAUSE they are Christians.

if they were Muslims, their faith was and is, and will be publicly celebrated.

Different rules for different folks.

It is called religious discrimination.
Has the new prayer removed 'Jesus' and replaced it with 'Allah' or something?
Perhaps you're upset because the prayer no longer discriminates in favour of your faith.

Meanwhile any reference to Christianity is considered discrimination against everyone else.
I'd be interested in your best evidence of Christianity being discriminated against in favour of Islam in NZ.
Removing Jesus from the parliamentary prayer doesn't count because it hasn't been replaced with any Islamic reference.
Not yet......that would be silly. They'll instead wait a few months....maybe a year. Then pretty soon they'll start instituting parts of Sharia Law.
Look Dude....we know you're ignorant.
Don't abuse the privilege.
A much shorter and more accurate answer would have been "I don't have any", Dude.

Joe certainly is a touchy-feely kind guy. Too many pictures of him doing just what was described for him to deny it.

I believe you engage in misinformation (and lies, really) when you say "liberals slam christians"

Many liberals (the majority?) are christians, themselves. They just happen to be more LIBERAL christians. It would be more accurate and honest to say liberals slam CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIANS.

The thing is....
when you slam liberals who consider themselves CHRISTIANS you, yourself, are "slamming christians"......just not CONSERVATIVE christians.

You do understand that NOT ALL CHRISTIANS are fundies?
do you?

or not?

When I slam liberals for what they say or do, I am not slamming "christians" in that I am not slamming them for BEING christians.

When the New Zealand government purges Christianity from the public prayer, as it did, it is denying the heritage and faith of New Zealand Christians BECAUSE they are Christians.

if they were Muslims, their faith was and is, and will be publicly celebrated.

Different rules for different folks.

It is called religious discrimination.
Perhaps you're upset because the prayer no longer discriminates in favour of your faith.

As far as I know he isn't.
Why do you think otherwise?

Why would the NZ government choose to NOW remove his name, and bend over backwards to accommodate Muslims? Who or what group is behind promoting Islam over Christianity? This is a Globalist trend.

If Jesus wasn't offensive to the NZ government why bother to remove his name? Why make a big deal out of it?
The source article for the OP was written by the Guardian in October last year.
How does it relate to the terrorist atack?

Parliamentary prayer Guardian.png

Still, the point is the Speaker has the authority to manage Parliament's proceedings and he has done so. I approve. Better would be if he removed all mention of god. God has no vote.

But Christians do. And they have the right to publicly celebrate their faith and heritage.

Why are you offended by that? Why do you oppose that?
You realise that they still have that right...don't you?

Is the purging of any Christian references from the public prayer per the OP, a singular event, that will never be repeated or built upon?
I might be mistaken but I'm getting the distinct impression that you think the rights of Christians are being eroded.
Can you please identify where?
They can follow their faith openly and without impediment from the government.
They can wear t-shirts with a picture of Jesus in public, they can wear a cross around their necks, they can gather in buildings dedicated to the express worship of their chosen deity, they can perform ceremonies for noted social events such as weddings, births and deaths in the manner of their choosing...I'm not too sure where you think the oppression comes in.

When you have people pretending that any public mention of Jesus is "Discrimination" against non-Christians,

it is obvious that the goal is to discriminate against Christians,

AND that people who are so bigoted against Christians are probably already discriminating against them is what ever way they can get away with.
I don't believe anyone has said that using Jesus' name is discriminating against anyone.
The idea of the change was to be more inclusive of all religions.

Do you think God will disappear if we don't say the name of His son in the halls of power?
Isn't He supposed to be all-powerful?

As far as I know he isn't.
Why do you think otherwise?

The behavior of the government in the op. THe words of the New Zealander lib in this thread.
God is still in the parliamentary prayer.
What's the issue again?

Is weed illegal too ? I may have to cancel my trip !
Aint nobody taking a gun (or weed) from a REAL New Zealander. Country boys are all the same, no matter the country.

Forum List

Back