New York City weirdos

Espn Zone is on the corner of Broadway and 42nd Street.

Well that just sucks... we were mightly close to there looking around. Thats also pretty close to our hotel.

Coulda put it in my hotel lobby and I still would have missed it :rolleyes:

Originally posted by jimnyc
Espn Zone is on the corner of Broadway and 42nd Street. Most people are too busy avoiding the pocket pickers, pimps, hookers, drug dealers, jewelry dealers, homeless & queers to even notice.

Which is why I have no plans to return to NYC... especially with family.

Actually, I went to NYC a few times during my four years at the academy. We were actually going to sleep in Central Park overnight (we were poor college students) but we ended up crashing five in a room somewhere around Times Square... I think. Manhattan is so huge I can barely figure it out.
But yeah, we saw our fair share of druggies, homeless people, etc. And we saw a couple of cross dressers in this one place in the Village. A very interesting place to visit, but I could never live there.

Okay, as a non-native New Yorker who has lived and worked here since 1989 I must stick up for my adopted hometown. First, it's very easy to find your way around. And, believe me, with my awful sense of direction that's saying something. Anyone planning a trip here let me know. I can give you verbal 411, maps and computer programs for it all.

Also, a little story. High powered gal walking around town...looking good in her business suit. All of a sudden gal steps off curb and falls into the street (and traffic). Ass in the air, bags go flying, pride- well, let's just say no pride at that moment left.

What do you think her fellow New Yorkers did?

They immediately surrounded her to stop any cars from hitting her, picked up and settled her bags, volunteered to call someone for her, gave her tissues to wipe up the blood and walked her to the train station.

That's the weirdos we have here...and I still have the black and blues to remind me!!!!!

Forum List

Back