New York City weirdos

lilcountriegal

Oct 24, 2003
Pennsylvania
As I just got off a bus after a 9 hour ride coming home from New York City... I gotta babble a bit about the nuts up there.

As my aunt and I were stumbling around NYC last night looking for bars where you can buy a beer without having to sign over your first newborn, we came across a bunch of African Americans bible toting on one of the corners in Manhattan. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life. (It actually made me think of this forum lol). He was screaming like a preacher with a stick in his ass about how the "white man's wealth" has held the black man down. Quoting scripture from the Bible to support his views.

Where in the HELL are those New York City cabbies when you have the notion to shove someone in front of one.

Hey it could have been worse, try Washington Square park where people will read you their 60's poetry just for looking in their direction.

Jim, she was with her Aunt, do you really think she wants her to meet us nutcases?:p

Originally posted by lilcountriegal
As I just got off a bus after a 9 hour ride coming home from New York City... I gotta babble a bit about the nuts up there.

As my aunt and I were stumbling around NYC last night looking for bars where you can buy a beer without having to sign over your first newborn, we came across a bunch of African Americans bible toting on one of the corners in Manhattan. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life. (It actually made me think of this forum lol). He was screaming like a preacher with a stick in his ass about how the "white man's wealth" has held the black man down. Quoting scripture from the Bible to support his views.

Where in the HELL are those New York City cabbies when you have the notion to shove someone in front of one.

LOL I Have actually seen this bunch or at least some who do the same lunaticrantings. Quite amusing once you get used to the city.

By the way...thanks for the invite!! :p

Nothing beat my experience after we missed the LAST train heading home! wound up having to stay at the station till the morning! went from some guy rolling and flicking his fingers at me as if to ask for a light, but not asking - bums going through the garbage to finally finding a half burger and jumping for joy! then on to the next bin to find an old pair of bloomers, yeah, bloomers - better than that, they played catch with them. On to the college crew, who in their pockets out came a vibrator, fullly charged, and tossed on to the women sitting next to me! hahahah! Just NEVER go downstairs to the bathrooms, your shoes stick to the floor from all the urine and god knows what else on the floor, bums sleeping and you have to literally walk over them, to making sure you have no jewelry on for fear once in the bathroom you will come out with none!

But then again, you can always have the pleasure of Jim and Evilarnold - to paying $20 for a knife you thought you were getting and it wind up being a hershey bar, and really was supposed to cost you $10 but the guy boogies with your money - losing your Sister's car because you don't remember where you parked it! DUH! or the priceless, you think your getting the grand of them all - a BRAND NEW CAMCORDER!!! never opened, sealed, $75! pay for it, they show you the one on display, to getting in the car and realize you just paid for a box of bricks! hahahahahahahah!!!!!!! the memories of NY!!!!!!! how grand they are. Though, I plan on a trip this December, want to take my kids this year! hehe!

Shut up stupid, I want to take them to see the tree this year! :finger:

Jim-
Last year when we were talking about going to NYC, you said "check out St. Mark's Place" and laughed. Well, it turns out we went there (there's an awesome indie video/music store there) and I thought it was really great, definitely the greatest part of the whole trip for me! What's up with the East Village that I'm not getting? If I had to live in NYC (okay, honestly, if I COULD live in NYC), I'd wanna live around there.

I believe its a VERY gat neighborhood!!! If you didnt notice that..I am REALLY worried for you!!

Nope, didn't see it. THere was a lot of artist-type looking people, but I don't immediately equate that with gay.

Ok...I am officially worried about you!!! There is NO WAY you can walk through the village and NOT see it!! You have something you want to share with us??? :eek:

Oh no!!!!! the VILLAGE????? Dan, really, they are all over there, making out right in front of you, it's sick!!!! actually though, went to one bar there and it was pretty cool!!!

Originally posted by Dan
Jim-
Last year when we were talking about going to NYC, you said "check out St. Mark's Place" and laughed. Well, it turns out we went there (there's an awesome indie video/music store there) and I thought it was really great, definitely the greatest part of the whole trip for me! What's up with the East Village that I'm not getting? If I had to live in NYC (okay, honestly, if I COULD live in NYC), I'd wanna live around there.

Well, what time were you there? St. Marks place is actually a cool place to hang out. Lots of great stores, eateries and fucked up people just like me! LOL

If you wander a couple of blocks in the wrong direction you could be in trouble though, especially the further east you go. St. Marks dead ends at Tompkins Square park (lovely place to be after 10pm). On the other side of that the avenues switch to the alphabet, hence the name alphabet city. You do not want to be white when you go there.

As for the fruit loops, they are on the other side of 5th ave (west side) and are very hard to miss! (although a decent amount of them do escape to the east side during business hours)

But then again, you can always have the pleasure of Jim and Evilarnold - to paying $20 for a knife you thought you were getting and it wind up being a hershey bar, and really was supposed to cost you $10 but the guy boogies with your money

It was a "mounds" bar! I was supposed to get a Stilleto until that homeless bastard made off with my cash! Welcome to NY, that was one of my first times venturing into the city.

losing your Sister's car because you don't remember where you parked it!

LOL - I was, ummmm, "under the influence"!

Nope, didn't see it. THere was a lot of artist-type looking people, but I don't immediately equate that with gay.

Maybe you didn't equate it, but most likely they were gay! Seriousy though, the entire village is infested with them, but primarily on the west side.

St. Marks place is actually a cool place to hang out. Lots of great stores, eateries and fucked up people just like me! LOL
HA! See?

We were there in the afternoon sometime.

Maybe you didn't equate it, but most likely they were gay! Seriousy though, the entire village is infested with them, but primarily on the west side.

Frankly, I don't care, as long as I don't see... graphic stuff going on in front of me, I don't care if the person standing near me is gay or not. We didn't go any further than a little bit down St. Mark's (we just went there so I could go to Kim's Video), but I liked it. The people were actually friendly, they had great music stores, video stores, and clothes stores. Some of the restaurants looked pretty cool but we didn't eat there.

The only weird thing I saw was a guy in a record store who was trying oh so desperately to look hip, this was when the Strokes were the hot new thing, so he had his ratty leather jacket, t-shirt, and old dirty jeans on, along with the too-cool-to-care haircut. He was on the phone with somebody and he was talking with an English accent that was kinda... off. The person on the other end must've said something funny because he started laughing in mid-sentence and I swear his English accent just completely disappeared and he sounded like he was from the midwest somewhere. What a poser! It was pretty funny.

Geez... I had no idea that the entire forum lives in or around NYC lol. I would have gladly met you all for drinks....especially if you can find one that charges less than $5 for a damn draft... (50 cent drafts where I'm from... I was kinda shell shocked... "listen, buddy, I want a DRAFT, NOT a six pack!!!")

We (a few members of my family) usually do a bus trip up there every November to go shopping... my Aunt and I are the die hard drinkers and from being in or around Chinatown all day, we DEFINITELY need a beer by sundown. We were hunting for the ESPN Zone but couldnt find it so we ended up at a couple comedy clubs anyway. We were thinking about heading back up that way in April, I'll definitely post a note and meet you guys for a drink (gotta come to me tho... I dont venture far in NYC lol.... Milford Plaza is where I usually stay).

I gotta say... I do love that city (cept for the few instances of getting ripped off.... damn vendors... I KNOW the damn ball was under that one plastic Pepsi lid!!!!!!). Couldnt live there, but I look forward to going every year.

There are actually a couple of good bars in NY! I went to this one bar with some friends, and instead to the Hard Rock Cafe, we went to the rockin roll cafe, thought it was going to be a dump, we wound up staying there all night!! got home around 6:30 a.m. - that's what a night we had. Yes, you come in April, let us know, and we will meet you!

I thought ESPN Zone was right in Times Square? I remember seeing it last time I was there, I may have seen it somewhere else though.

Espn Zone is on the corner of Broadway and 42nd Street. Most people are too busy avoiding the pocket pickers, pimps, hookers, drug dealers, jewelry dealers, homeless & queers to even notice.

Forum List

Back