New York City weirdos

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lilcountriegal, Nov 10, 2003.

1. lilcountriegal

lilcountriegal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    As I just got off a bus after a 9 hour ride coming home from New York City... I gotta babble a bit about the nuts up there.

As my aunt and I were stumbling around NYC last night looking for bars where you can buy a beer without having to sign over your first newborn, we came across a bunch of African Americans bible toting on one of the corners in Manhattan. It was the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life. (It actually made me think of this forum lol). He was screaming like a preacher with a stick in his ass about how the "white man's wealth" has held the black man down. Quoting scripture from the Bible to support his views.

Where in the HELL are those New York City cabbies when you have the notion to shove someone in front of one.

2. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey it could have been worse, try Washington Square park where people will read you their 60's poetry just for looking in their direction.

3. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    You were in town and didn't invite us out for a drink? :finger:

4. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Jim, she was with her Aunt, do you really think she wants her to meet us nutcases?:p

5. Jackass

Jackass Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    LOL I Have actually seen this bunch or at least some who do the same lunaticrantings. Quite amusing once you get used to the city.

By the way...thanks for the invite!! :p

6. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Nothing beat my experience after we missed the LAST train heading home! wound up having to stay at the station till the morning! went from some guy rolling and flicking his fingers at me as if to ask for a light, but not asking - bums going through the garbage to finally finding a half burger and jumping for joy! then on to the next bin to find an old pair of bloomers, yeah, bloomers - better than that, they played catch with them. On to the college crew, who in their pockets out came a vibrator, fullly charged, and tossed on to the women sitting next to me! hahahah! Just NEVER go downstairs to the bathrooms, your shoes stick to the floor from all the urine and god knows what else on the floor, bums sleeping and you have to literally walk over them, to making sure you have no jewelry on for fear once in the bathroom you will come out with none!

But then again, you can always have the pleasure of Jim and Evilarnold - to paying $20 for a knife you thought you were getting and it wind up being a hershey bar, and really was supposed to cost you $10 but the guy boogies with your money - losing your Sister's car because you don't remember where you parked it! DUH! or the priceless, you think your getting the grand of them all - a BRAND NEW CAMCORDER!!! never opened, sealed, $75! pay for it, they show you the one on display, to getting in the car and realize you just paid for a box of bricks! hahahahahahahah!!!!!!! the memories of NY!!!!!!! how grand they are. Though, I plan on a trip this December, want to take my kids this year! hehe!

7. Jackass

Jackass Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Excellent idea!! Great place for the kids!!! :rolleyes: :D :p

8. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Shut up stupid, I want to take them to see the tree this year! :finger:

9. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Jim-
    Last year when we were talking about going to NYC, you said "check out St. Mark's Place" and laughed. Well, it turns out we went there (there's an awesome indie video/music store there) and I thought it was really great, definitely the greatest part of the whole trip for me! What's up with the East Village that I'm not getting? If I had to live in NYC (okay, honestly, if I COULD live in NYC), I'd wanna live around there.

10. Jackass

Jackass Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I believe its a VERY gat neighborhood!!! If you didnt notice that..I am REALLY worried for you!!