New Website on Senator Joseph McCarthy

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
I've been reading about Senator Joseph McCarthy for most of my adult life. I've created a website that gives the facts about him to counteract the massive anti-McCarthy propaganda that Democrats and their allies in so-called "academia" have given us about him.

The site includes several videos of McCarthy speaking and giving interviews. It also includes some videos that offer good defenses of him, including an interview with Arthur Herman, author of Joseph McCarthy: Reexamining the Life and Legacy of America's Most Hated Senator, and an interview with M. Stanton Evans, author of the best defense of McCarthy ever written, Blacklisted by History.

I've been reading about Senator Joseph McCarthy for most of my adult life. I've created a website that gives the facts about him to counteract the massive anti-McCarthy propaganda that Democrats and their allies in so-called "academia" have given us about him.

The site includes several videos of McCarthy speaking and giving interviews. It also includes some videos that offer good defenses of him, including an interview with Arthur Herman, author of Joseph McCarthy: Reexamining the Life and Legacy of America's Most Hated Senator, and an interview with M. Stanton Evans, author of the best defense of McCarthy ever written, Blacklisted by History.
The left....... thats objective.

An interesting bit of hx there Mike.

On needs to consider that particular point in history , when considering Sen McCarthy's part in it

~S~

Mike, McCarthy was a piece of human garbage because he conflated "Having thought favorably of communism at some point in your life" as "Being a Soviet Agent".

This is in DIRECT contradiction to the values held by Americans. You are allowed to believe in whatever you want to, no matter how obnoxious other people think they are.

For instance, I think the Mormon religion is a deranged cult started by a child-molesting con artist named Joseph Smith, and anyone who believes that shit is all manner of stupid.

But I would have serious concerns if the government started oppressing anyone who is currently or used to be a Mormon.

Regardless of the attacks against him, McCarthy's main point was that many actual communists had infiltrated our govt.
He was not wrong.
Look at the damage some of these commie sympathizers did through espionage throughout the years.

Marxists have a right to their opinions but they should never be allowed in the govt

Regardless of the attacks against him, McCarthy's main point was that many actual communists had infiltrated our govt.
He was not wrong.
Look at the damage some of these commie sympathizers did through espionage throughout the years.

Marxists have a right to their opinions but they should never be allowed in the govt

Let's get real here.

No, the real problem was that the US found itself in an advantageous position after WWII in that we were the only country to come out of it relatively intact. But then we wondered why so many people around the world were embracing communism. We thought the world would embrace our way of life as superior and acted as shocked when they didn't.

"Who Lost China?" was a stupid question, China was never ours to "lose". But yet it motivated the McCarthyites and other characters like Nixon on to the national stage.

Mike, McCarthy was a piece of human garbage because he conflated "Having thought favorably of communism at some point in your life" as "Being a Soviet Agent".

This is in DIRECT contradiction to the values held by Americans. You are allowed to believe in whatever you want to, no matter how obnoxious other people think they are.
believing in, or acting on is the Q Joe....

Methinks they're called democrats in this millennium......

~S~

For instance, I think the Mormon religion is a deranged cult started by a child-molesting con artist named Joseph Smith, and anyone who believes that shit is all manner of stupid.

But I would have serious concerns if the government started oppressing anyone who is currently or used to be a Mormon.
No he did not.

What he did was to point out that the government was turning a blind eye to communist spies within government selling out to the soviets.

Very specific and very illegal.

He was later proven correct.

McCarthy vastly understated the extent to which democrat White House and Congressional staffers pledged their primary loyalty to Stalin

Mormon MIke has also gotten on here and tried to claim the Rape of Nanking wasn't all that bad.

You're still repeating this lie? Please cite the post (number and date) in which I said the Rape of Nanking "wasn't all that bad." We both know you can't, because I've never said any such thing.

You, on the other hand (and I can cite the post number and date) have actually praised Mao's murderous rule in China.

For those who might be interested, I've added quite a bit of material to my McCarthy site over the last 24 hours.

You're still repeating this lie? Please cite the post (number and date) in which I said the Rape of Nanking "wasn't all that bad." We both know you can't, because I've never said any such thing.

You specifically started a thread denouncing scholar Iris Chang's proven historical research that 300,000 Chinese were murdered by the Japanese Army at Nanking. I'm surprised you don't want to call it "The Inappropriate Touching of Nanking".

ou, on the other hand (and I can cite the post number and date) have actually praised Mao's murderous rule in China.

You can post, it, but you still have the point go over your head.

I mean, i get it, the Mormon Cult managed to suck out all your critical thinking skills... but Mao is more revered in China today than George Washington is in the US. There's a reason for that.

You specifically started a thread denouncing scholar Iris Chang's proven historical research that 300,000 Chinese were murdered by the Japanese Army at Nanking. I'm surprised you don't want to call it "The Inappropriate Touching of Nanking".

Uh-huh. Even people with minimal reading skills know that disputing Iris Chang's 300K death-toll figure is light years away from saying that the Nanking Massacre "wasn't all that bad."

As for Iris Chang's allegedly "proven research," it is nothing of the kind, as I documented for you in that very thread. The earliest primary sources on the massacre don't even come close to supporting Chang's 300K death-toll figure.

You need to understand that when you get on a public board and actually praise the mass murderer Mao Tsetung, you have zero credibility.

Mao is "more revered" in China today than George Washington is in the U.S.???!!! Uh, yeah, because the Chinese people live under a brutal tyranny and have been fed lies about him! Ho Chi Minh is "revered" in Vietnam today because the tyrannical Vietnamese government has fed them nothing but propaganda about him. No rational person would cite that "reverence" to defend Ho Chi Minh, but you just cited the propaganda-fed "reverence" of Mao to defend Mao.

Truman was president. The political majority was democrat. Everyone was anti-communist back then but somehow a republican senator was blamed when it all went sour.

Uh-huh. Even people with minimal reading skills know that disputing Iris Chang's 300K death-toll figure is light years away from saying that the Nanking Massacre "wasn't all that bad."

As for Iris Chang's allegedly "proven research," it is nothing of the kind, as I documented for you in that very thread. The earliest primary sources on the massacre don't even come close to supporting Chang's 300K death-toll figure.
Well, yeah, the earliest sources were White People hiding in the Foreign Quarter... You seem to be stuck with a western centric view of history. Which is why we don't treat the Japanese genocide in China as harshly as we treat the German genocide in Europe.

But there's a reason why China and Korea panicked when the late PM Abe started talking about remilitarizing Japan.

ou need to understand that when you get on a public board and actually praise the mass murderer Mao Tsetung, you have zero credibility.

Mao is "more revered" in China today than George Washington is in the U.S.???!!! Uh, yeah, because the Chinese people live under a brutal tyranny and have been fed lies about him! Ho Chi Minh is "revered" in Vietnam today because the tyrannical Vietnamese government has fed them nothing but propaganda about him. No rational person would cite that "reverence" to defend Ho Chi Minh, but you just cited the propaganda-fed "reverence" of Mao to defend Mao.

Actually, he's revered in China because he took his country from being a backwards medieval economy to one of the world's super powers. Which is why you go to bed every night peeing your magic underwear about the Chinese.

Same thing with Ho. Americans see him as a demon, but Vietnamese see him as a national hero who fought French, Japanese and American invaders.

Now, I used to work with a fellow from India, and a discussion about history came up, and he referred to Churchill as "That bastard". From an American POV, Churchill was a great ally, from an Indian POV, he was the bastard who killed millions of Indians through Famine, sent millions more to die in the war against Germany and Japan, and then tried his level best to double cross them on promises of independence.

Which is a key thing you need to take away from this. NOBODY likes a foreign invader, whether it be the Japanese slaughtering Chinese to a Mexican offering to clean your toilet for cheap.

Truman was president. The political majority was democrat. Everyone was anti-communist back then but somehow a republican senator was blamed when it all went sour.
When the Democrats realized how many up-and-coming Democrats, such as their own aides, were communists, or communism-curious, you might say, they realized that they better put a stop to anti-communist investigation.

Prior to that, the Democrats had gleefully investigated communists in Hollywood, during hearings later called "McCarthyism," though he had nothing to do with them. McCarthy investigated communists in the State Department, not Hollywood.

For those unaware, Hollywood movie production is not a part of our government, but the State Department is.

When the Democrats realized how many up-and-coming Democrats, such as their own aides, were communists, or communism-curious, you might say, they realized that they better put a stop to anti-communist investigation.

Prior to that, the Democrats had gleefully investigated communists in Hollywood, during hearings later called "McCarthyism," though he had nothing to do with them. McCarthy investigated communists in the State Department, not Hollywood.

For those unaware, Hollywood movie production is not a part of our government, but the State Department is.

Well, you are half right, which is better than you usually are.

Our entire political establishment acted disgracefully during the era called McCarthyism... and when it was clear that things had gone much too far, they needed a scapegoat, and the Drunk from Wisconsin was expendable.

So Nixon and RFK went on to have successful careers without anyone questioning their roles, Roy Cohn went to New York and had a successful law career.

Well, you are half right, which is better than you usually are.

Our entire political establishment acted disgracefully during the era called McCarthyism... and when it was clear that things had gone much too far, they needed a scapegoat, and the Drunk from Wisconsin was expendable.

So Nixon and RFK went on to have successful careers without anyone questioning their roles, Roy Cohn went to New York and had a successful law career.
At the height of the Cold War, did the American voter/taxpayer not have a right to know if Americans who had previously been members of the Communist Party USA were working in the State Department? Yes or no, then explain all you like.

When Joseph Welch made his "have you no shame" speech, it was in response to McCarthy pointing out that he had a member of the legal arm of the CPUSA on his own staff. Welch had repeatedly asked, "who are these communists?" I guess he didn't like the answer.

Through selective editing, the left presents this as a shining moment in the anti-anti-communist movement, but it was really McCarthy pwning Welch and Welch throwing a tantrum.

Forum List

Back