New to this form of expression

Jeff Thompson

Rookie
Dec 25, 2014
I am a health care professional of many years. My colleagues and myself are always saddened by intentional violence. A major concern is the compulsion that mankind has had to wage war throughout history. Violence between religions defies logic as most religions have philosophies of peace. The Islamic scholars also teach peace. But is seems that peace is only for those who hold the same beliefs as those taught by the Islamic scholars. The scholars teach the Koran. There are parts of the Koran that have had me troubled and have made me have doubts that peace between Islam and any other religion is possible. I specifically point out that in the Koran, Chapter 8:12-8:19, it indicates dire consequences against any non believer without regards as to whether that non believer means any harm to the people of Islam. I wish that people of all faiths have a healthy, peaceful and Happy New Year and that we all find a long and lasting peace. Jeff

Hi! Jeff, you mention a problem with the Quran sura 8.12 But remember the entire sura 8 is dedicated to dividing the spoils of war. Do join us in discussing the Quran here.

I am a health care professional of many years. My colleagues and myself are always saddened by intentional violence. A major concern is the compulsion that mankind has had to wage war throughout history. Violence between religions defies logic as most religions have philosophies of peace. The Islamic scholars also teach peace. But is seems that peace is only for those who hold the same beliefs as those taught by the Islamic scholars. The scholars teach the Koran. There are parts of the Koran that have had me troubled and have made me have doubts that peace between Islam and any other religion is possible. I specifically point out that in the Koran, Chapter 8:12-8:19, it indicates dire consequences against any non believer without regards as to whether that non believer means any harm to the people of Islam. I wish that people of all faiths have a healthy, peaceful and Happy New Year and that we all find a long and lasting peace. Jeff

Islam was invented by a warlord who sought a useful tool with which to bind his followers even more tightly to his aggressive agenda. The resulting religion is therefore very political in nature and all about singularity of agenda waging perpetual war to subjugate others under its yoke.

The Q'ran is all about an us vs them mentality creating a duality that allows no quarter for any other view. It is rigid, it is totalitarian and it is all about law and obedience rather than spirit.

Peace is a relative term. As long as someone wants something of another's, there will never be peace. Since that has happened almost since the beginning of mankind, there is no realistic end in sight. Screw Islam.

Peace is overrated at times ... While responsibility and respect provide better results.

There are many religious doctrines that cause all kinds of wrong, but only one God who can prevent it with submission to Him. I worked in 20 countries, so I know differences.

Since you are in the health care profession, you probably know there are options most people never think about. If I believed doctors I would have already died four times. Doctors do what they are trained for, but that does not make their decisions right.

Welcome aboard.....hope you enjoy posting here. I'm sure you'll find many willing to discuss your beliefs about the Koran and many other topics...hope to see you around.

I have read the Koran. There is a lot of repetition, some near the Christian Bible. But prayer about it got me nowhere. There is only one God I will ever follow, including His son Jesus. But Jesus never started any organization, so I will never join one. However, I have had a lot of meetings with brothers and sisters. Only one God and one doctrine means it is the same all over the world, as I have seen. As Jesus did with his disciples, we meet in homes. No money is ever collected and no place to put it. "Love of money is the root of all evil."

Forum List

Back