New tick borne virus can be transmitted in just minutes

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
A new health concern is brewing for tick bites. It’s known as the Powassan Virus, and experts say it can be transmitted to humans in just minutes. Dr. Mike Cirigiliano appeared on Good Day Philadelphia Friday morning to discuss the virus and express his own concerns. The virus is spread by ticks, similar to Lyme Disease, but can be spread much faster. Dr. Mike explained that if a tick has been on you for 24-hours,

New Tick-Borne Virus Can Be Transmitted in Just Minutes

===============================================
But rest assure if you don't know i'm sure you will remain perfect safe. Being aware might give it to you .

Boy it sucks to be you. Do you actively search for this hourly new danger or do you have a feed? Do you think the government is manufacturing super ticks?

Boy it sucks to be you. Do you actively search for this hourly new danger or do you have a feed? Do you think the government is manufacturing super ticks?

I do! Obama kept ordering ticks on my dogs

A new health concern is brewing for tick bites. It’s known as the Powassan Virus, and experts say it can be transmitted to humans in just minutes. Dr. Mike Cirigiliano appeared on Good Day Philadelphia Friday morning to discuss the virus and express his own concerns. The virus is spread by ticks, similar to Lyme Disease, but can be spread much faster. Dr. Mike explained that if a tick has been on you for 24-hours,

But rest assure if you don't know i'm sure you will remain perfect safe. Being aware might give it to you .

But yet you vote republican, want to abolish the FDA, CDC and kill off science research...Yep, we can know all about it but if you got your way we couldn't fight back against it.

[QUOT. "Matthew, post: 17185921, member: 22889"]

But yet you vote republican, want to abolish the FDA, CDC and kill off science research...Yep, we can know all about it but if you got your way we couldn't fight back against it.[/QUOTE]

Now that we finally got rid of that tick plague master Obama, Trump will get rid of these dog snacking bastards and we'll all enjoy a tick free life

Last edited:

But yet you vote republican, want to abolish the FDA, CDC and kill off science research...Yep, we can know all about it but if you got your way we couldn't fight back against it.

DEET and Advantage are quite effective.

• Banned

Yes the bubble buster returns............No thanks I'll pass on DEET

So, is DEET bad for you? The answer isn't totally clear. Overuse of DEET can have lethal consequences. Even so, data from 1961 to 2002 shows only eight DEET-related deaths. Three were from deliberate ingestion, two from dermal (skin) exposure and three were children receiving heavy and frequent applications of DEET [source: ATSDR]. The EPA stresses that DEET is perfectly safe when used in accordance with the directions on the label. Incorrect application can lead to health issues such as skin irritation, disorientation, dizziness and, in extreme cases, seizures or death [source: ATSDR].

So, is DEET bad for you? The answer isn't totally clear. Overuse of DEET can have lethal consequences. Even so, data from 1961 to 2002 shows only eight DEET-related deaths. Three were from deliberate ingestion, two from dermal (skin) exposure and three were children receiving heavy and frequent applications of DEET [source: ATSDR]. The EPA stresses that DEET is perfectly safe when used in accordance with the directions on the label. Incorrect application can lead to health issues such as skin irritation, disorientation, dizziness and, in extreme cases, seizures or death [source: ATSDR].

eh, if the skeeters n ticks are bad, I'm using Deet.

I probably should invest in one of those Thermacell thingies.

Thermacell is probably the way to go.

Ticks do not like Citronella Essential Oil aka Lemon Grass Essential Oil. We have loads of ticks here plus pesky Chiggers so that is what I use when I go outside.

Fuck it. I'd rather have a seizure than a fat juicy tick on me

Ticks do not like Citronella Essential Oil aka Lemon Grass Essential Oil. We have loads of ticks here plus pesky Chiggers so that is what I use when I go outside.

Lemon pledge work?

Fuck it. I'd rather have a seizure than a fat juicy tick on me

All I know is Thermacell or DEET. All the ol' boys using Thermacell now. I'm behind the times. :(

Lemon pledge work?
never tried it but I'd kinda doubt it would... Herbco.. 4 bucks an ounce for the essential oil. Add a few drops to a lotion or some purified water in a mist bottle. One ounce lasted me all summer last year and I even used some on the dogs when the skitters were real bad.

Years ago a couple of my girlfriends said Avon's skin so soft worked for skeeters. And when we went camping we found to our horror than they must have thought of the stuff as A-1 sauce as they descended upon us.
Yeah my scars healed but I still got trust issues.

Years ago a couple of my girlfriends said Avon's skin so soft worked for skeeters. And when we went camping we found to our horror than they must have thought of the stuff as A-1 sauce as they descended upon us.
There are over 3,000 species of them suckers, maybe some of those like the perfumes or oils in the Avon product.

I tried Listerine for the yard before spending the evening outside and that did seem to help before.

35% + of DEET or Thermacell.

Thermacell is not so good if the wind is strong.

There are over 3,000 species of them suckers, maybe some of those like the perfumes or oils in the Avon product.

I tried Listerine for the yard before spending the evening outside and that did seem to help before.

Those toothy little bastards eat so much of me I lose weight.
Last year hubby bought me a beautiful gazebo that has retractable netting walls. He put citronella tiki torches all around it and stuff to burn inside too. If I manage to make it through without catching my idiot self on fire, I should be good to go.
But I am severely handicapped with being a clumsy oaf that's terribly accident prone

No I just know all of this from thirteen years ago . When I decided to gain knowledge where knowledge is power.

That's why you see me see " UNINFORMED" because all the douche bags who say shit is fake, or it's a conspiracy have no clue wtf they are talking about.

Any of this can be found right in a library, all this can be found in Medical Journals. People are just to fkn lazy to believe it or search it out there and if they do they can't understand any of it.

( no i'm not saying that to you) meaning uninformed blah blah stuff I wrote.

Oh and it surely doesn't suck to be me, I won't fall victim of FDA approved cancer causing agents , in all they claim is safe. or At least I will have information to limit the mass amounts of " oh so safe" bs lies.

Informed can prepare and use tools the uninformed keep plowing right along in an endless black hole then wonder why they have cancer etc. As the big controlled medical industry tells them " It's genetic". ...

Yeah ok the MEDICAL GODS " know all only to tell you they fkd up ten years later. SCIENCE of always wrong when it comes to fixing the human bodies, foods, and DEET.

Forum List

Back