New t.v. show idea to teach lefties...trading places for CEOs and low level workers....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
I thought about this because of another thread bitching about CEO pay......so here is my idea....like Under Cover Boss....but this would actually teach a lesson...

The idea is this....take a CEO and the lowest level worker.....and have them switch places for a week.....say the CEO of Wal Mart and a guy stocking shelves....they would each do the others job for a week and then we would see which transition was more difficult......

Perhaps....just perhaps, one or two lefties would see that just because the CEO sits behind a desk doean't mean they aren't doing massively important work...and that you just can't get in that chair by accident.....

or...how about the Manager of a Wal Mart....put him behind the register or stocking shelves, and take those individuals and put them in charge of the entire store for a week....see how that goes.....

That is a great idea.

Just make sure you don't have a liberal producer.

You do realize those people are complaining about the pay of the CEO's of massive companies, do you know what the CEO of walmart makes?
You are compensated for your strengths. The free market dictates salary. Success dictates monetary compensation. Without money, how do you attract the best??

You do realize those people are complaining about the pay of the CEO's of massive companies, do you know what the CEO of walmart makes?
You are compensated for your strengths. The free market dictates salary. Success dictates monetary compensation. Without money, how do you attract the best??
The free market fails at dictating salary to billions of people then. I hate this "success" narrative put forth, as if being a CEO is the only way to be successful or how people define it. Without money? Wait, hold on, do you think the walmart CEO is worth more then 100,000 sweatshop workers, adjusting their pay to american dollars?

The free market fails at dictating salary to billions of people then. I hate this "success" narrative put forth, as if being a CEO is the only way to be successful or how people define it. Without money? Wait, hold on, do you think the walmart CEO is worth more then 100,000 sweatshop workers, adjusting their pay to american dollars?
What are you worth. Will you work for me for .25/ day?

I don't think anyone wants to work for .25 a day, however, we live in a world where these poor individuals have to work with the few jobs provided to them to get the basic needs of life.

People are not just complaining about CEO pay, they are complaining that their pay is steadily increasing while employees' pay stays the same or even getting laid off to pay for that CEO. It's the best example that trickle down does not work as advertised.

People are not just complaining about CEO pay, they are complaining that their pay is steadily increasing while employees' pay stays the same or even getting laid off to pay for that CEO. It's the best example that trickle down does not work as advertised.
:iagree:

I don't think anyone wants to work for .25 a day, however, we live in a world where these poor individuals have to work with the few jobs provided to them to get the basic needs of life.
OK. You sort of took my questioned and sort of answered it while deflecting?

Can we agree, you assign a worth to yourself for work performed? Your standards, .25 is ridculous. So what about a CEO that makes decisions that make millions upon millions of dollars? Some of those decisions are tough...and you can't agree with many of them. That CEO is being paid for his ability. He is compensated for what he demands as others in this world do the same.

Can we agree, you assign a worth to yourself for work performed? Your standards, .25 is ridculous. So what about a CEO that makes decisions that make millions upon millions of dollars? Some of those decisions are tough...and you can't agree with many of them. That CEO is being paid for his ability. He is compensated for what he demands as others in this world do the same.
I follow the labor theory of value, the economic value of something is determined by the labor put into it, although you may disagree, it's how I view things. The CEO is simply making decisions, that is not an ability, and who do you think sets the CEO pay?

I don't agree with that. There will always be a bottom line that a company has to keep. If a CEO is able to make necessary cuts to maintain success, why shouldn't he? You forget that it is a free marketplace that creates competition that discourages unethical business. Not to mention the power of the consumer. What is the problem? A company lays off employees for no good reason...buy from somewhere else!

I follow the labor theory of value, the economic value of something is determined by the labor put into it, although you may disagree, it's how I view things. The CEO is simply making decisions, that is not an ability, and who do you think sets the CEO pay?
It is so much more than making decisions. It is leadership, salesmanship, wisdom...it's knowledge of accounting and law...it's budgeting and marketing and maintaining a business that can pay it's human resources. A CEO demands what he can get in compensation.

I don't agree with that. There will always be a bottom line that a company has to keep. If a CEO is able to make necessary cuts to maintain success, why shouldn't he? You forget that it is a free marketplace that creates competition that discourages unethical business. Not to mention the power of the consumer. What is the problem? A company lays off employees for no good reason...buy from somewhere else!
Yeah, the bottom line of OHH NOOO WE CAN'T MAKE PROFITS TO PAY OUR EXECUTIVES MULTI MILLION DOLLAR SALARIES AND THE PRIVATE JET. You're essentially proving the CEO is out for himself and profit, lol, the free market bullshit, it's clearly been doing a great job, look at the past. The power of the consumer? One of the greatest capitalist contradictions is occurring right now, capitalists are producing massive surpluses they cannot sell to consumers who aren't making enough money. LOL. Then we'll all only be shopping at mom and pop shops, those are obviously around these days.

No one has any problem with that until they screw over their labor force. It's also important to note that CEO pay does not seem to be based on performance to the same degree as the working class. With their contracts they can run a company into the ground and still get paid handsomely.

Yeah, the bottom line of OHH NOOO WE CAN'T MAKE PROFITS TO PAY OUR EXECUTIVES MULTI MILLION DOLLAR SALARIES AND THE PRIVATE JET. You're essentially proving the CEO is out for himself and profit, lol, the free market bullshit, it's clearly been doing a great job, look at the past. The power of the consumer? One of the greatest capitalist contradictions is occurring right now, capitalists are producing massive surpluses they cannot sell to consumers who aren't making enough money. LOL. Then we'll all only be shopping at mom and pop shops, those are obviously around these days.
I prefer mom and pop shops.

It is so much more than making decisions. It is leadership, salesmanship, wisdom...it's knowledge of accounting and law...it's budgeting and marketing and maintaining a business that can pay it's human resources. A CEO demands what he can get in compensation.
Wisdom? Salesmanship? Oh my god, that is not work, that is making fucking decisions in regards to sales to get profit for the capitalist. Budgeting and marketing.. Jesus christ. A CEO, such as the one of nestle or such, is a greedy fucker, not all of them are, but I don't tend to side with international capitalist pigs these days.

I prefer mom and pop shops.
Good luck finding them, it's not easy at all to start a business, other capitalists crush this.

No one has any problem with that until they screw over their labor force. It's also important to note that CEO pay does not seem to be based on performance to the same degree as the working class. With their contracts they can run a company into the ground and still get paid handsomely.
Well...a CEO isn't the working class...it's a whole other game. But here is a surprise, but I would say most CEO's worked their way up. Maybe not from the bottom of the ladder...but they got an education to start out a little above.

I thought about this because of another thread bitching about CEO pay......so here is my idea....like Under Cover Boss....but this would actually teach a lesson...

The idea is this....take a CEO and the lowest level worker.....and have them switch places for a week.....say the CEO of Wal Mart and a guy stocking shelves....they would each do the others job for a week and then we would see which transition was more difficult......

Perhaps....just perhaps, one or two lefties would see that just because the CEO sits behind a desk doean't mean they aren't doing massively important work...and that you just can't get in that chair by accident.....

or...how about the Manager of a Wal Mart....put him behind the register or stocking shelves, and take those individuals and put them in charge of the entire store for a week....see how that goes.....

This isn't what people concerned about the pay disparity are arguing. This is a strawman. The argument isn't that the jobs are identical or that the two people could be swapped. The argument is that executive pay is disproportionate with how much work they are doing and its difficulty compared to the work done by the lower level workers. Considering that the ratio of CEO/worker pay was much lower historically than it is now, that's not an unreasonable argument.

Forum List

Back