New study says e-cig vapor contains cancer-causing formaldehyde

The only way to truly quit smoking is to QUIT SMOKING. Period. No ecigs, no gum, no patches. Cold turkey and only cold turkey.
Alcoholics don't stop being drunks by sipping just wine or bear instead of whisky or vodka.
When I quit..IF I ever quit...cold turkey. Period.

Right ON! That's exactly how I did it back in 2001.

WARNING: This poster is not a scientist or a doctor!

WARNING: Neither is this poster a scientist nor a doctor. But if she is, she ain't the sharpest tack in the wall.

WARNING: This poster is not a scientist or a doctor! Please speak to your own personal doctor about the dangers of smoking. Do not listen to this idiot on Climate Change, listen to the majority of "real" scientists.

WARNING: Neither is this poster a scientist nor a doctor. But if she is, she ain't the sharpest tack in the wall.

WARNING: This poster is not a scientist or a doctor! Please speak to your own personal doctor about the dangers of smoking. Do not listen to this idiot on Climate Change, listen to the majority of "real" scientists.

I got my info from common damn sense...something you obviously were hatched without.

I have a vaporizer, but I don't use it at a high voltage. I sometimes use a higher output coil, which may affect it too. It doesn't concern me too much at this point, I feel a lot better using this. And preliminary studies typically start with a sky is falling approach, and usually taylor it down to something lesser.

I got my info from common damn sense...something you obviously were hatched without.

Sorry, your (cough, cough) common sense doesn't stack up to my physician's degree in medicine.

And no, that coughing is not from smoking. :p

Common sense doesnt come in a cracker jack box. Thats the toy for the kids.

The scientist responsible for this balderdash is already walking it back. It seems like the study was of juice that isn't made commercially and was of batteries that don't have the voltage that batteries really have.

The study was made in response to a request by governor Cuomo that would justify his planned ban on vaporizers.

The only way to truly quit smoking is to QUIT SMOKING. Period. No ecigs, no gum, no patches. Cold turkey and only cold turkey.
Alcoholics don't stop being drunks by sipping just wine or bear instead of whisky or vodka.
Fascinating, a smoker giving others advice on quitting smoking. I think I'd rather listen to a drunk preach a sermon. :p
That how I quit: Cold Turkey. If I could start cold turkey, I can quit cols turkey too!

And that's an interesting point, alkies don't slowly get off alcohol. They just stop and go through withdrawal.

Sorry, your (cough, cough) common sense doesn't stack up to my physician's degree in medicine.

Then smart lady with a doctorate in medicine, explain to us all why EVERY 30-35-40 year heavy smoker doesn't come down with lung cancer. But non-smokers DO. Maybe your "physician's degree" doesn't necessarily mean you are all that damned intelligent. Or you just may have a terminal case of liberal stupidity.

Common sense doesnt come in a cracker jack box. Thats the toy for the kids.

See algore...he got his Nobel prize out of a cracker jack box.

I have been using E-cigarettes with great results for many months now.

But I do not use nicotine in my E -cigarette, only the juice, so this does not apply. :)

"This could pose a risk to users who increase the voltage on their e-cigarette to increase the delivery of vaporized nicotine".

No nicotine for moi!

Do you drink beer with your cig?

Fascinating, a smoker giving others advice on quitting smoking. I think I'd rather listen to a drunk preach a sermon. :p
That how I quit: Cold Turkey. If I could start cold turkey, I can quit cols turkey too!

And that's an interesting point, alkies don't slowly get off alcohol. They just stop and go through withdrawal.

Are you drunk? Your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Wowza, when you quit smoking you also suffer withdrawals.

Then smart lady with a doctorate in medicine, explain to us all why EVERY 30-35-40 year heavy smoker doesn't come down with lung cancer. But non-smokers DO. Maybe your "physician's degree" doesn't necessarily mean you are all that damned intelligent. Or you just may have a terminal case of liberal stupidity.

I guess I should have said my own personal physician.

The 1982 United States Surgeon General’s report stated that “Cigarette smoking is the major single cause of cancer mortality [death] in the United States .” This statement is as true today as it was then.

Cigarette Smoking

And now a message from the American Cancer Society

Are e-cigarettes safe?
Electronic cigarettes or e-cigarettes are designed to look like cigarettes. When the smoker puffs on it, the system delivers a mist of liquid, flavorings, and nicotine that looks something like smoke. The smoker inhales it, and the nicotine is absorbed into the lungs. Some people think they can be used to help people give up tobacco.

The makers of e-cigarettes say that they are safe, but this only means the ingredients have been found to be safe to eat. Inhaling a substance is not the same as swallowing it. There are questions about how safe it is to inhale some substances in the e-cigarette vapor into the lungs. Since e-cigarettes are not labeled with their ingredients, the user doesn’t know what’s in them. The amounts of nicotine and other substances a person gets from each cartridge are also unclear.

A study done by the FDA found cancer-causing substances in half the e-cigarette samples tested. Other impurities were also found, including one sample with diethylene glycol, a toxic ingredient found in antifreeze.

Studies have shown that e-cigarettes can cause short-term lung changes that are much like those caused by regular cigarettes. But long-term health effects are still unclear. This is an active area of research.

We do know that electronic cigarettes are designed to deliver nicotine, and nicotine is addictive. This strongly suggests that e-cigarette use will lead to dependence, unless the user weans him or herself from them. A CDC survey published in 2013 showed that e-cigarette use in middle school and high school students doubled between 2011 and 2012, with 10% of high school students and 3% of middle school kids using them and risking addiction to nicotine. Among high school students, 80% smoked regular cigarettes and used e-cigarettes at the same time.

Because the American Cancer Society doesn’t yet know whether e-cigarettes are safe and effective, we cannot recommend them to help people quit smoking. There are proven methods available to help people quit, including pure forms of inhalable nicotine as well as nasal sprays, gums, and patches.

Until electronic cigarettes are scientifically proven to be safe and effective, ACS will support the regulation of e-cigarettes and laws that treat them like all other tobacco products.

Are any types of cigarettes safe to smoke American Cancer Society

Forum List

Back