New Rules At Football Games, Nothing To Do With OK Game 'Suicide', Move Along

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/008525.php

But never fear, the ACLU is here:

http://stoptheaclu.com/archives/2005/10/13/aclu-vs-the-bucs/

2. SpidermanTuba

SpidermanTuba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +258

How much privacy is to much to trade for security?

Escpecially considering the 9/11 terrorists could have likely gotten away with the same thing had their been searches. They would have had to be a little more creative about what they used in place of box cutters - but it could have been done just the same. The things that would have prevented them - locking the cockpit, havnig no-fly lists, stuff like that - are not searches.

I sure hope the SEC doesn't adopt stricter policies - wouldn't want to be unable to sneak in with my booze!

I'm a little rusty on the details of the OK bomber - but isn't the reason the bomb was exploded outside the stadium BECAUSE of the security there - because he didn't want to go through security? What's the point of increasing security if the current level of security was enough to do the job? What are they going to do - search everyone entering campus? May be feasible for some campuses - but not most.

3. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    For people going into a privately owned stadium (i.e. Raymond James Stadium), there should be no expectation of privacy. It's not public grounds, it's a private (albeit huge) building. Suck it up.

4. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I agree with Jeff. I also think that we seem blinded by what is happening, reported on the side, we refuse to believe that there may be those that wish us harm in a big way.