New polls hows Ron Paul does best against Obama

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Can you imagine a Ron Paul vs Barack Obama economic debate? Foreign policy debate? It may be too graphic for young children to watch a slaughter like that on live tv.

It'd be like the econ professor vs the yuppy teenage girl with her stepdad's credit card.

Who does best against Obama? Paul. The congressman from Texas, who also ran as a libertarian candidate for president in 1988 and who is well liked by many in the tea party movement, trails the president by only seven points (52 to 45 percent) in a hypothetical general election showdown.

CNN Poll: Still no front-runner in the battle for the GOP nomination – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

At this point in the 2008 election, hillary clinton was DEFINITELY going to be the nominee.

OK...who wants to quote me? I may be going out on a limb here, but Ron Paul will NEVER be elected President of the United States of America. Period. There, I said it.

Interesting... I don't believe this poll means as much as many would like but once (if he does) Ron Paul announces his run for President he will be the guy to beat in the primaries.

I think so far out of all the candidates Ron Paul is the most feared for the fringe left (and right lol) because they know Ron on stage with Obama would just be a disaster for Obama.

Who does best against Obama? Paul. The congressman from Texas, who also ran as a libertarian candidate for president in 1988 and who is well liked by many in the tea party movement, trails the president by only seven points (52 to 45 percent) in a hypothetical general election showdown.

CNN Poll: Still no front-runner in the battle for the GOP nomination – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

At this point in the 2008 election, hillary clinton was DEFINITELY going to be the nominee.

The point is that Ron Paul is a much more serious contender this time around than some people want to give him credit for.

The point is that Ron Paul is a much more serious contender this time around than some people want to give him credit for.

Let's see...he garnered less that 5% support from likely Republican voters in 2008, and eventually bowed out to the likes of McCain and Caribou Barbie. Do you mean more serious than that?

Let's see...he garnered less that 5% support from likely Republican voters in 2008, and eventually bowed out to the likes of McCain and Caribou Barbie. Do you mean more serious than that?

Yes, considering a national poll now shows him as currently being the best Republican to challenge the President. I would've thought that was obvious.

Sadly I agree with VaYank, 2012 will be like 2008 and it'll be lib vs lib.

I'm guessing RomneyCare vs ObamaCare, I'm on the edge of my seat with excitement................

People love to flirt with Ron Paul but he'd never make it in a national campaign. I think Romney has the best chance against Obama but the Republicans will end up nominating a far right candidate in a hail-Mary pass and lose. Democrats did the same thing with John Kerry in '04.

People love to flirt with Ron Paul but he'd never make it in a national campaign. I think Romney has the best chance against Obama but the Republicans will end up nominating a far right candidate in a hail-Mary pass and lose. Democrats did the same thing with John Kerry in '04.

So what you're saying is that the Republicans' only chance is to nominate Obama to take on Obama? Didn't work that well for them in 2008.

What a laugh. Ron Paul is the Harold Statten of the 21st century. Maybe the Ralph Nader. He never won more than 5% of the vote in any primary. Even conservatives can't stand him. And his supporters do him no credit.
wookiesforronpaul.jpg

What a laugh. Ron Paul is the Harold Statten of the 21st century. Maybe the Ralph Nader. He never won more than 5% of the vote in any primary. Even conservatives can't stand him. And his supporters do him no credit.
wookiesforronpaul.jpg

I know. He is ALMOST as bad as the Tea Party folks....

wookiesforronpaul.jpg

Yeah, I'd be jealous too if the candidates I liked couldn't inspire supporters like Ron Paul has.

Forum List

Back