New Poll: Catholics want birth control coverage: Catholic women side with Obama

AHA!

Contrary to what the r-wing talking-heads and media will have you believe... Catholics overall, and especially Catholic women side with President Obama on this issue. I knew it! :clap2:

Catholics want birth control coverage: New surveys

Pundits and bishops warn President Obama he could lose the white Catholic vote over requiring a contraception option for insurance plans. But Catholic women side with Obama on this, a new survey says.

The pivot point is how you see this. Is it a battle over birth control -- used by 98% of U.S. women at some time in their lives -- or over government intrusion into the right of religious organizations to live by their teachings?

The Catholic bishops, backed by conservative evangelicals, say the federal government should not include contraception coverage as part of free preventive care options in employers' health insurance plans.

Hence the showdown: As our editorial Monday says, religious liberties fight or, as Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius says, a free choice issue.

And here's where the Catholic women come in. According to the Public Religion Research Institute poll released today,

A majority (55%) of Americans agree that "employers should be required to provide their employees with health care plans that cover contraception and birth control at no cost." Four-in-ten (40%) disagree with this requirement.

Edited...read the rest of the article from the link provided.

old poll-

obamacare sux and its underwater popularity wise....and?

:lol:

The question should have been asked...Do you think the Catholic Church should be forced by the government to fund abortions for their employees?.... The results would have been much different

But then we would be dealing with honest information. Cant have that.

Except the Church as an institution whose purpose is the inculcation of religious values is exempt and abortion has never been part of this conversation.

Whoops, strayed into actual information there. Sorry.

what was that deal Burt, Bart whatever Stupidnak made with Obama? ala an exec., order btw? abortion? something like that...:rolleyes:

The question should have been asked...Do you think the Catholic Church should be forced by the government to fund abortions for their employees?.... The results would have been much different

But the Catholic Church is not. However, what is happening is that the Catholic Church operates institutions beyond the Church. You are trying to classify hospitals, schools, and other publicly serving institutions under the Catholic Church.

For example, if the Catholic Church opened up an auto-repair shop and hired a non-Catholic female mechanic, should they be exempt from Obamacare? The answer is no.

While I disagree with the federal mandate, I don't think Catholic institutions who operate outside of the Church should be exempt from it.

It's not the same thing. In order to understand it, you would need to understand why the Church does what it does. The Bible tells us....

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.' They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?' He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least among you, you did not do for me.'" Matthew 25:41-45

If you look at the Church's charities, this is exactly what it does. Christ was a healer - so we heal the sick. He was a teacher - so we fund schools. He asked us to do 'for the least among us' to do for Him... and that is what we do.

We are not asking for much. We are asking that the Government allow insurance providers to offer policies that do not fund contraception - which those who need it can get it for free elsewhere - but it would enable us to comply.

Surely to (insert optional deity here), that is not too much to ask?

Do you have any idea how stupid your analogy makes you sound? No, Jesus could go around healing the sick and I would praise him, unlike Republictards who praise the insurance industry rights to deny pre-existing conditions.

Try again, batman.

For Jesus's sake, build a better strawman than that. Jesus text'ed me and said your strawmen was pathetic.

p.s. Why do I need to remind Christians the about Council of Nicea in which Constantine completely usurped the powers of the gnostics for statism in which Christians so love nowadays? Christians love their statism more than their individual freedom of religion.....hypocrites.

First, I did not give an analogy, you should learn English before you try to use long words. I simply pointed out that hospitals are the logical extension of Jesus's ministry.

By the way, the logical fallacy I used was a reductio ad absurdum, not a strawman. You should also learn proper terms before you try debating people.

PS, I know more about church history than you do. Constantine did not usurp the powers of the Gnostics, they never had any power in the church, they were considered heretics all the way back in the 1st century. I guess that makes everything you posted wrong.

Why were the gnostics powerless in your state issued church?

p.s. I am sorry for confusing an analogy with an illustration. Why would Christ refuse people based on per-existing conditions in which you so adamantly oppose in Obamacare?

The gnostics were powerless before Constantine gave the church state backing. By the way, it wasn't my church.

Where did I adamantly oppose insurers accepting people with pre existing conditions? What I opposed was the government propping up insurers by forcing everyone to do business with a few government approved companies that only sell policies I do not want.

But then we would be dealing with honest information. Cant have that.

Except the Church as an institution whose purpose is the inculcation of religious values is exempt and abortion has never been part of this conversation.

Whoops, strayed into actual information there. Sorry.

What a stupid argument from a mindless shill. You should tell your boss to get the original Greenbeard back, he was much more capable of handling debate on substantive issues. By the way, all your "information" is based on the premise that churches and the ministries they operate are separate entities, something SCOTUs actually found to be not true.

I don't have a problem with birth control, as long as the definition of "birth control" does NOT include INFANTICIDE.

The Catholics have always been HYPOCRITES anyway. Gambling and womanizing and all other vices are OK with the catholics, as long as you attend your local parrish regularly, and go to the confessional to get your "hail marys" and absolution.
Yeah.....absolutely shocking.....

jhahn.jpg

1244236681_top_10_shameless_male_crying_displays_3_answer_7_xlarge.jpeg

6a00d8341c730253ef0147e15960fe970b-800wi

Let me know when you have decent studies, not telephone polls of 1,000 people.

There is no real value in these polls - they don't tell us anything.... other than Planned Parenthood are anti-Catholic.
LOL. Most of you mackeral snappers are anti-Catholic on this issue. At least here in the US. You ain't a gonna playa da game, you no a make a the rules. LOL

AHA!

Contrary to what the r-wing talking-heads and media will have you believe... Catholics overall, and especially Catholic women side with President Obama on this issue. I knew it! :clap2:

Catholics want birth control coverage: New surveys

Pundits and bishops warn President Obama he could lose the white Catholic vote over requiring a contraception option for insurance plans. But Catholic women side with Obama on this, a new survey says.

The pivot point is how you see this. Is it a battle over birth control -- used by 98% of U.S. women at some time in their lives -- or over government intrusion into the right of religious organizations to live by their teachings?

The Catholic bishops, backed by conservative evangelicals, say the federal government should not include contraception coverage as part of free preventive care options in employers' health insurance plans.

Hence the showdown: As our editorial Monday says, religious liberties fight or, as Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius says, a free choice issue.

And here's where the Catholic women come in. According to the Public Religion Research Institute poll released today,

A majority (55%) of Americans agree that "employers should be required to provide their employees with health care plans that cover contraception and birth control at no cost." Four-in-ten (40%) disagree with this requirement.

Edited...read the rest of the article from the link provided.

And perhaps of greater note among election-watchers:

Women are significantly more likely than men to agree that employers should be required to provide health care plans that cover contraception (62% vs. 47% respectively).

:eusa_whistle:

I don't have a problem with birth control, as long as the definition of "birth control" does NOT include INFANTICIDE.

The Catholics have always been HYPOCRITES anyway. Gambling and womanizing and all other vices are OK with the catholics, as long as you attend your local parrish regularly, and go to the confessional to get your "hail marys" and absolution.

jhahn.jpg

Jim Bakker isn't Catholic.

Neither is Swaggart. And Priests have better tailors than your third dude.

I don't recognize him but he sure looks like an evangelical with a hawaiian twist to his wardrobe.

Last edited:

jhahn.jpg

Jim Bakker isn't Catholic.

Neither is Swaggart. And Priests have better tailors than your third dude.

I don't recognize him but he sure looks like an evangelical with a hawaiian twist to his wardrobe.
Wow......you're pretty-fuckin'-stupid.....or, have no sense of current-affairs.....or, are EXTREMELY-YOUNG.

eusa_doh.gif

BTW.....that WAS my point....that the Evans (here) have no room pointing-out Catholic-hypocrisy.

303.gif

Stupid Fuckin' Bubbleheads

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gkIiV6konY]"Miss Representation": Official Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHVcHXuBEo8[/ame]

judgment_day_terror.jpg

"They're taking my Country, away!!"

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpzDdTrw5II[/ame]​

Last edited by a moderator:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQiRGcXEyUo]Feminism - a form of Jewish Control - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pKfhbcMV1w]Sarah Palin says "Feminism Is Over" (and Gloria Steinem is "very passé") - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXeszLlTX5E]Women finally realize feminism has failed - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0L3ik9fp-M]#1 Living in a Feminist, Man-Hating Matriarchy - part 1 of 5 - YouTube[/ame]

man+in+tears.jpg

According to Cecile, this is what a leftists thinks about Health Care who are taking away their rights.....what another fucking dumbass RINO.

Congressman Ron Paul on Healthcare - YouTube

Ron Paul Healthcare Is Not A Right - YouTube

According to Cecilie, you're a mealymouthed coward. Now you're reduced to arguing against what you want me to have said, rather than anything I ever actually said? Just how pathetic and dickless are you planning to look before you just slink away, tail between your legs?

Hey, while you're responding to these clips I've never seen, let alone posted, how about responding to the questions I ACTUALLY asked? You ever grow a pair of balls to let you do THAT, coward?

But the Catholic Church is not. However, what is happening is that the Catholic Church operates institutions beyond the Church. You are trying to classify hospitals, schools, and other publicly serving institutions under the Catholic Church.

For example, if the Catholic Church opened up an auto-repair shop and hired a non-Catholic female mechanic, should they be exempt from Obamacare? The answer is no.

While I disagree with the federal mandate, I don't think Catholic institutions who operate outside of the Church should be exempt from it.

And, as we all know, the Constitution only protects freedom of religion inside of actual church buildings. We know this because Valox the Coward keeps asserting that this is so, not because Valox the Coward has ever actually shown us where in the Constitution it says so.

Hey, Valox the Coward, where is it in the Constitution that religious freedom is limited, again? Did you ever get around to answering that question, or are you still running away from it?

Institutions beyond the church? Like what? The Catholic Church is following the example of Jesus, who went around feeding and healing people. If he was here today would you would be trying to tell him that he couldn't do those things because they aren't part of being a church? Do you have any idea how stupid that would make you look?

If Valox doesn't mind proudly declaring himself a coward in public, why would he mind looking stupid into the bargain?

Institutions beyond the church? Like what? The Catholic Church is following the example of Jesus, who went around feeding and healing people. If he was here today would you would be trying to tell him that he couldn't do those things because they aren't part of being a church? Do you have any idea how stupid that would make you look?

Do you have any idea how stupid your analogy makes you sound? No, Jesus could go around healing the sick and I would praise him, unlike Republictards who praise the insurance industry rights to deny pre-existing conditions.

Try again, batman.

For Jesus's sake, build a better strawman than that. Jesus text'ed me and said your strawmen was pathetic.

p.s. Why do I need to remind Christians the about Council of Nicea in which Constantine completely usurped the powers of the gnostics for statism in which Christians so love nowadays? Christians love their statism more than their individual freedom of religion.....hypocrites.

You mean a strawman like those video clips you hunted up and then attributed to me, coward? Would that be the sort of strawman you had in mind?

By the way, ever get around to answering those questions, chickenshit, or are we still waiting for you to nut up and get that handled?

PS. Why do I need to remind cowards that they still haven't answered questions and provided proof of what they say? Oh, that's right: because they're cowards.

You have fuck-all to say while you're still running and hiding, loser. Nut up or shut up.

Try again, batman.

First, I did not give an analogy, you should learn English before you try to use long words. I simply pointed out that hospitals are the logical extension of Jesus's ministry.

By the way, the logical fallacy I used was a reductio ad absurdum, not a strawman. You should also learn proper terms before you try debating people.

PS, I know more about church history than you do. Constantine did not usurp the powers of the Gnostics, they never had any power in the church, they were considered heretics all the way back in the 1st century. I guess that makes everything you posted wrong.

Why were the gnostics powerless in your state issued church?

p.s. I am sorry for confusing an analogy with an illustration. Why would Christ refuse people based on per-existing conditions in which you so adamantly oppose in Obamacare?

Why are you asking questions when you refuse to answer them, coward?

Where does the Constitution say exercise of religion is limited? Where do you find that? Let's hear it.

Forum List

Back