New PA Laws: Cutting Off Thieves' Hands, Lashes for Drinking

Hamas is lobbying for a stricter enforcement of Islamic law in Gaza – including provisions to cut off the hands of thieves, and execution of individuals who cheat on their spouses. A report in the Al-Hayat daily newspaper said that Hamas expects the new regulations to take effect in the coming months, after introduction of the legislation in the PA parliament.

Existing laws mete out the death penalty to individuals convicted of murder, spying, homosexuality, or selling land to Jews. The new legislation will expand the crimes for which individuals can be executed to include disloyalty to a spouse – having sexual relations outside the context of marriage. Other provisions of the law include chopping off the right hand of a thief (along with at least a seven year jail sentence), and lashes for a large number of “crimes,” including drinking alcoholic beverages and gambling. All the punishments are derived from sharia, Islamic law.

New PA Laws: Cutting Off Thieves' Hands - Middle East - News - Israel National News

:eusa_whistle:

Who is Hamas lobbying? Abbas padlocked the parliament in the West Bank in 2007 and Israel bombed the parliament in Gaza during Cast Lead. (It is the same parliament. They were linked by teleconference.)

Israel is currently holding about 20 members of parliament in prison.

This story makes no sense.

Speaking of BIK, were is the village idiot ?
Maybe they arrested him for having a haircut that's too American ha ha ha
Maybe he officially joined Hamas and one of these days he's going to be starring in one of these Jihad videos?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARMz6ZS6y1k"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARMz6ZS6y1k[/ame]
I wonder if he used to watch T.V. before he left Gaza to live in America. It seems that the children learn young about chopping off hands.
Children TV viewers: ?Chop off his hand?

That said, I wouldn't last 5 minutes in Gaza. Lashes for drinking, death for cheating? fuck that noise.

I'm sure most people in Gaza haven;t even seen a black person before lol !

i'm not sure HG has either...LOL.

I wonder by what criteria some of the more "intelligent persons"
on this board endorse posts. for example re the post by
deach
"i'm not sure HG has either"

both sherri and caturday -----voted their SUPPORT

I have read the wisdom of deach many times ----and have seen
his wisdom endorsed by the same persons over and over ---but the
more I study the words-----the less I see therein Can someone
explain to me the WISDOM which is expressed in -
--" i'm not sure HG as either"??
what am I missing???

I'm sure most people in Gaza haven;t even seen a black person before lol !

i'm not sure HG has either...LOL.

I wonder by what criteria some of the more "intelligent persons"
on this board endorse posts. for example re the post by
deach
"i'm not sure HG has either"

both sherri and caturday -----voted their SUPPORT

I have read the wisdom of deach many times ----and have seen
his wisdom endorsed by the same persons over and over ---but the
more I study the words-----the less I see therein Can someone
explain to me the WISDOM which is expressed in -
--" i'm not sure HG as either"??
what am I missing???

You're not missing anything. Just Seal coming up with his usual immature nonsense !

Hamas is lobbying for a stricter enforcement of Islamic law in Gaza – including provisions to cut off the hands of thieves, and execution of individuals who cheat on their spouses. A report in the Al-Hayat daily newspaper said that Hamas expects the new regulations to take effect in the coming months, after introduction of the legislation in the PA parliament.

Existing laws mete out the death penalty to individuals convicted of murder, spying, homosexuality, or selling land to Jews. The new legislation will expand the crimes for which individuals can be executed to include disloyalty to a spouse – having sexual relations outside the context of marriage. Other provisions of the law include chopping off the right hand of a thief (along with at least a seven year jail sentence), and lashes for a large number of “crimes,” including drinking alcoholic beverages and gambling. All the punishments are derived from sharia, Islamic law.

New PA Laws: Cutting Off Thieves' Hands - Middle East - News - Israel National News

When I saw the title of this, I did not realize it was in the Israel and Palestine forum and "PA" read as Pennsylvania to me. :)

Immie

PA = Palestinian Authority ;)

Thanks, I realized that as soon as I saw the OP, but my first thought was Pennsylvania followed, by, that looks like a Breitbart title and this is probably not worth opening.

Immie

When I saw the title of this, I did not realize it was in the Israel and Palestine forum and "PA" read as Pennsylvania to me. :)

Immie
Don't confuse Hamas with Humus either. One of them is tasty, the other deadly. .

Immie
Don't confuse Hamas with Humus either. One of them is tasty, the other deadly. .

Humus is NASTY tasting crap! But then Hamas is just plain NASTY.

Immie

m0173.gif

Immie

Immie

Humus is delicious.

American-made Humus is crap.

You should come to my neighborhood, now that's what I'm talking about! lol

Immie

Immie
Ah but you're not eating the right kind of Humus. Homemade style humus (not the ready made crap you buy in supermarkets) with olive oil and some fresh pita can be delicious not to mention a healthy Mediterranean staple diet. Did you know that "Humus bars" which offer different types of gourmet flavored Humus is the latest popular trend?

To get the good Humus, you need to go to a good Israeli or Arab / Middle Eastern or Greek restaurant.

Immie
Ah but you're not eating the right kind of Humus. Homemade style humus (not the ready made crap you buy in supermarkets) with olive oil and some fresh pita can be delicious not to mention a healthy Mediterranean staple diet. Did you know that "Humus bars" which offer different types of gourmet flavored Humus is the latest popular trend?

To get the good Humus, you need to go to a good Israeli or Arab / Middle Eastern or Greek restaurant.

The only kind I have ever eaten was homemade. My brother had a sister-in-law who was married to a Jordanian. They made that crap. Yuck! Almost as bad as the Menudo (tripe) my neighbor who was Latino made once. I could not even stomach one bite of that stuff.

Immie

Forum List

Back