New leaker disclosing U.S. secrets, government concludes

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
The federal government has concluded there's a new leaker exposing national security documents in the aftermath of surveillance disclosures by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden, U.S. officials tell CNN.

Proof of the newest leak comes from national security documents that formed the basis of a news story published Tuesday by the Intercept, the news site launched by Glenn Greenwald, who also published Snowden's leaks.

Greenwald has suggested there was another leaker. In July, he said on Twitter "it seems clear at this point" that there was another.

Government officials have been investigating to find out that identity.

In a February interview with CNN's Reliable Sources, Greenwald said: "I definitely think it's fair to say that there are people who have been inspired by Edward Snowden's courage and by the great good and virtue that it has achieved."

He added, "I have no doubt there will be other sources inside the government who see extreme wrongdoing who are inspired by Edward Snowden."

New leaker disclosing US secrets, government concludes - CNN.com

Chances are that there's more than one, given the amount of people who work for or contract with the federal government. Regardless, the more the better. There is no accountability to government, as there is supposed to be, when the government hides these actions from the people from whom they allegedly derive their power.

It all was encouraged by that hero of many here, Eric Snowden. You want to give this guy a medal also?

It all was encouraged by that hero of many here, Eric Snowden. You want to give this guy a medal also?

Whoever it is deserves one for leaking the Obama administration's abuse of the terror lists.

I am sure the leaks will be as unremarkable as last time.

So unremarkable that the leaker had to seek asylum from a foreign country to protect him from the U.S. government.

Regardless, I'd say this is pretty remarkable.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...terrorist-tracking-system-by-the-numbers.html

He was looking for fame and you know it. And he was not charged with leaking. I could post something right here and no one would be busting down my door.

I am sure the leaks will be as unremarkable as last time.

So unremarkable that the leaker had to seek asylum from a foreign country to protect him from the U.S. government.

Regardless, I'd say this is pretty remarkable.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...terrorist-tracking-system-by-the-numbers.html

He was looking for fame and you know it. And he was not charged with leaking. I could post something right here and no one would be busting down my door.

If he was looking for fame he could be on every television program and every magazine cover from the day he revealed his identity to now. How many interviews has he given? Two? Three? He's kept a remarkably low profile for somebody looking for fame. Not charged with leaking? What are those espionage charges about then?

He's given every interview he could. The espionage charges are just that. He signed agreements.

He's given every interview he could. The espionage charges are just that. He signed agreements.

So you think that two or three interviews a year after his identity is revealed are all the interviews that he could give? Nobody else was interested?

Yeah, right.

He's handed over all the stuff he supposedly took to someone else. It is irrelevant for him to do interviews now. That is not the point.

He's handed over all the stuff he supposedly took to someone else. It is irrelevant for him to do interviews now. That is not the point.

It's extremely relevant if the claim is that he's simply seeking fame, which was the claim that you made. If he was seeking fame he'd be on our televisions 24/7 rather than letting the journalists get all the attention.

Forum List

Back