New house speaker's latest financial disclosure

Withdrawn.

Look, when he won the speakership I looked on him as a true believer, a guy who only served to serve.
Disagree with him politically but no issue with his position.

Then the personal stuff trickled out. Weird but his business.
Then the financial stuff, weird enough to warrant further investigation.

I'm not calling him a crook, I'm saying that given his position, the "weird" deserves investigation.
There may be nothing there but if the "weird" isn't explained then I guarantee there'll be more and more "weird."

Shows no assets. Not even a checking account. Nothing. Zero assets. No investments, no properties, nothing.

Seems pretty unlikely, don't you think? A congressman, even a back bencher, with no assets at all? Used to be a lawyer, won some pretty big settlements too, where is it all?

If it smells like it's a rat it's a rat. And that rat is the OP's link. I don't believe it for a second, the words used to support it are trickery, and did you ever think for a second the money could be under a different label, such as he and/or his wife's trust? Fuck............ Here's a clue. Both he and his wife have their degrees in accounting.

ILMAO "he doesn't have a thousand bucks for expenses".......Shit, his fucking utilities probably cost that.

How can he do electronic banking without an account? Is it possible to do everything for cash, get paid in cash?

Now. In my experience, many American male adults are taught the value of money by establishing savings accounts and later checking accounts to aid in financing things like houses. Apparently, the Speaker has none of these things. That's weird. Thus, I believe the Speaker is an odd duck.
I'm sure he has good reason for disclosing or not disclosing his personal information. Being an "odd duck" is not unconstitutional. Personally, I have nothing against anyone who doesn't walk in lock-step with "the crowd."

I just want to show your double standard.
What double standard? Quid Pro Joe has gotten wealthy far beyond what he could on the salary of even the Vice President, and his son has made a lot of money despite having little reason to get hired. You can't say any of that about the new Speaker.
The speaker is hiding something and that’s suspicious that he’s taking bribes.
If he was living well beyond the means of an ordinary Representative with no visible means to support it, sure, but you haven't established that to be the case, and you're simply fishing for anything you think could be damaging. Pretty pathetic, but hey, keep digging into his underwear drawer, I'm sure you'll find one that isn't folded quite right, and you can rant on about that for a while, pretending you actually care about more than the fact that he's a Republican.

Perhaps his salary is paid to a trust so his name doesn't appear anywhere.
Or his account doesn't pay interest so he doesn't have to disclose it. You know, hysteria is really unattractive.

If you want to work for my government, you make proper disclosures. Anyone who doesn't isn't trustworthy.
No one has established that the new Speaker has broken any laws. Until you do, you're just fishing.

How can he do electronic banking without an account? Is it possible to do everything for cash, get paid in cash?

Absolutely. People can and do pay their utility bills at Family Dollar in cash. Merchants of all types still take the coin of the realm.

Some employers will pay their staff with pre-filled debit cards or paper checks that they can get cashed at check cashing places.

Its not out of the ordinary at all.

BTW, a large number of Americans have no savings or investments.

You're fishing.
well then there's nothing to worry about is there?
OR IS THERE?

did people quit going to church in 2020?
Did church goers quit tithing in 2020?
How about that failed law school he was president of?

Maybe i'm fishing because there seems to be something to catch.

well then there's nothing to worry about is there?
OR IS THERE?

did people quit going to church in 2020?
Do you consider that a crime? Most people do not.
Did church goers quit tithing in 2020?
How about that failed law school he was president of?
Maybe i'm fishing because there seems to be something to catch.
No, you're fishing because you're desperate to find something to complain about. The fact that this is the best you've been able to come up with just shows how weak your argument is.

No, you're fishing because you're desperate to find something to complain about. The fact that this is the best you've been able to come up with just shows how weak your argument is.
I'm not making an argument, you are.
I'm asking questions.
I can understand your confusion.

Forum List

Back