New House GOP majority makes good on ANOTHER promise....

(R)IGHTeous 1

GOPROUD
Dec 5, 2010
southeast Pennsylvania
Symbolic or not, THIS IS what the electorate wants to see. I know I do.:clap2:

Shows real commitment.

House takes first step toward health care repeal

By Ricardo Alonso-Zaldivar

Associated Press

Updated: 12:39 p.m. on Friday, January 7, 2011

WASHINGTON (AP) — Confronting President Obama, the new Republican-led House took a first step Friday toward a symbolic vote to repeal his landmark health care overhaul law, which would provide coverage to more than 30 million Americans without health insurance.

But the 236-181 largely party-line vote is unlikely to amount to more than a political message, since Democrats who still run the Senate have promised to block efforts to scrap the law and Obama has veto power.

Both sides are preparing for a standoff. They will probably take the big issues in the health care debate back to the voters in 2012, when Obama is expected to run for re-election and the House and Senate are up for grabs again.

House takes first step toward health care repeal - Washington Times

Symbolic or not, THIS IS what the electorate wants to see. I know I do.:clap2:

Shows real commitment.

House takes first step toward health care repeal

By Ricardo Alonso-Zaldivar

Associated Press

Updated: 12:39 p.m. on Friday, January 7, 2011

WASHINGTON (AP) — Confronting President Obama, the new Republican-led House took a first step Friday toward a symbolic vote to repeal his landmark health care overhaul law, which would provide coverage to more than 30 million Americans without health insurance.

But the 236-181 largely party-line vote is unlikely to amount to more than a political message, since Democrats who still run the Senate have promised to block efforts to scrap the law and Obama has veto power.

Both sides are preparing for a standoff. They will probably take the big issues in the health care debate back to the voters in 2012, when Obama is expected to run for re-election and the House and Senate are up for grabs again.

House takes first step toward health care repeal - Washington Times

The standoff should prove to be interesting if you Republicans just remind the Senate Democrats 2012 will come up faster than they expect and the election commercials are already being prepared. They were spared in November but won't miss the action in the next election.

For Obama, a deal could be made in not vetoing the repeal bill for an increase in the debt ceiling. Hardball...time for hardball.

Last edited:
The legislative route, while inspiring, makes me yawn.

The Supreme Court will be hearing this case THIS YEAR.........thus, will be the end of the stupidest legislation in the history of the Congress, and the end of the greatest screwing of the elderly in the history of the country.

The Supreme Court will be hearing this case THIS YEAR.........thus, will be the end of the stupidest legislation in the history of the Congress, and the end of the greatest screwing of the elderly in the history of the country.

Hopefully the two shall meet in the middle and come to the same conclusion? Congress has NO business in this and it will be deemed an Individual responsibility as it always has been and should be?

Hopefully the two shall meet in the middle and come to the same conclusion? Congress has NO business in this and it will be deemed an Individual responsibility as it always has been and should be?

You're both right. Hell it's already been found UNconstitutional, parts anyway, some of the biggest parts.

I believe both the House AND the SC may have to join forces to get this repealed/abolished tho.

This is Obama's "single greatest legislative achievement" He will NOT give it up, let it go, he'll use every sneaky tactic he can, and instruct his Jackass minions in the Senate to do the same.

Epic battle coming........

You're both right. Hell it's already been found UNconstitutional, parts anyway, some of the biggest parts.

I believe both the House AND the SC may have to join forces to get this repealed/abolished tho.

This is Obama's "single greatest legislative achievement" He will NOT give it up, let it go, he'll use every sneaky tactic he can, and instruct his Jackass minions in the Senate to do the same.

And he will TRY to do it using Executive Privilidge...by fiat against the will of the people...Just as he is with Cap And Tax since that legislation didn't bow to his will...

Folks? We have a mini-Chavez in the Exec branch...and he needs to be shown that we don't play the same game as Chavez.

And he will TRY to do it using Executive Privilidge...by fiat against the will of the people...Just as he is with Cap And Tax since that legislation didn't bow to his will...

Folks? We have a mini-Chavez in the Exec branch...and he needs to be shown that we don't play the same game as Chavez.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

And *I* will be on the forefront to bring him DOWN if he tires it.

Republicans are screaming ..

Do over....Do Over

A little late boys. Why don't you spend your time trying to actually help Americans?

Kudos to you.

Kudos to you.

Thing is? I am a citizen...and as such? it is *MY* perosonal responsibility to call attention and FIGHT Tyranny. *THAT* is what the First Amendment is about my friend.

Preach that RIGHT brother.

This nation was founded on violent revolution. I aint advocating such, but that's something that must NEVER be forgotten.

Do over....Do Over

A little late boys. Why don't you spend your time trying to actually help Americans?

That's what we're doing. Just what the electorate wants and elected us to do.

Why don't you try not being so freakishly outta the mainstream for once.:lol:

GOP....Sorry child, no healthcare for you

sick-child-21.jpg

We have to make sure Obama is a one term President

Why? Why are Republicans trying to take away my healthcare?

girl-crying.jpg

Because we have to defeat Obama child

Do over....Do Over

That's what we're doing. Just what the electorate wants and elected us to do.

Why don't you try not being so freakishly outta the mainstream for once.:lol:

GOP....Sorry child, no healthcare for you

sick-child-21.jpg

We have to make sure Obama is a one term President

You are an indisputable SHITHEAD of these borads in league with SHAMAN...that has a problem with posting becuase it isn't in Coloring Book Form...so Shitmon...colours Threads with nonsense.

Congrats. YOU are in Shitmon's league.

YOU must be so proud.

Don't worry sweetheart....we have a few more months before the Republicans take away our healthcare

1_45789636ee195-94-1.gif

But at least they will be able to make Obama FAIL

Forum List

Back