New House GOP majority makes good on ANOTHER promise....

Goodbye grandma....

Hospital-room-mom-with-grandma-iStock_000001973685XSmall.jpg

Republicans said you have met your lifetime cap on insurance

YOU are confused as HELL that is OBAMACARE.

Afraid to debate me you YELLOWBELLY COWARD?

The legislative route, while inspiring, makes me yawn.

The Supreme Court will be hearing this case THIS YEAR.........thus, will be the end of the stupidest legislation in the history of the Congress, and the end of the greatest screwing of the elderly in the history of the country.

Hopefully the two shall meet in the middle and come to the same conclusion? Congress has NO business in this and it will be deemed an Individual responsibility as it always has been and should be?

You're both right. Hell it's already been found UNconstitutional, parts anyway, some of the biggest parts.

I believe both the House AND the SC may have to join forces to get this repealed/abolished tho.

This is Obama's "single greatest legislative achievement" He will NOT give it up, let it go, he'll use every sneaky tactic he can, and instruct his Jackass minions in the Senate to do the same.

Epic battle coming........
I would give the 5 conservative Justices around the clock bodyguards..... just sayin'

Mommy...why did the Republicans take away our health insurance?

mother_sick_child.jpg

Because they do not give a shit about us sweetheart

Activities_For_Sick_Children.jpg

Daddy, why did you vote Republican? What does it mean, "I never thought they would actually do it?"

So any lefty here wanna actually DEBATE the merits or total lack thereof of Obamacare?

Or is this thread destined to see more meltdown flame trolling of the "right"winger sort.......

Symbolic or not, THIS IS what the electorate wants to see. I know I do.:clap2:

Shows real commitment.

House takes first step toward health care repeal

By Ricardo Alonso-Zaldivar

Associated Press

Updated: 12:39 p.m. on Friday, January 7, 2011

WASHINGTON (AP) — Confronting President Obama, the new Republican-led House took a first step Friday toward a symbolic vote to repeal his landmark health care overhaul law, which would provide coverage to more than 30 million Americans without health insurance.

But the 236-181 largely party-line vote is unlikely to amount to more than a political message, since Democrats who still run the Senate have promised to block efforts to scrap the law and Obama has veto power.

Both sides are preparing for a standoff. They will probably take the big issues in the health care debate back to the voters in 2012, when Obama is expected to run for re-election and the House and Senate are up for grabs again.

House takes first step toward health care repeal - Washington Times
Its very reassuring that the Republican House thinks that it has the luxury of conducting "symbolic votes" when the American people are confronting "real problems!"

Like the Democrats in 2008, the 2010 Republicans are also "on the clock" and if they don't have something more constructive than "symbolic votes" to show in the next 2 years, they'll also be given "their walking papers!"

Last edited:
Symbolic or not, THIS IS what the electorate wants to see. I know I do.:clap2:

Shows real commitment.

House takes first step toward health care repeal

By Ricardo Alonso-Zaldivar

Associated Press

Updated: 12:39 p.m. on Friday, January 7, 2011

WASHINGTON (AP) — Confronting President Obama, the new Republican-led House took a first step Friday toward a symbolic vote to repeal his landmark health care overhaul law, which would provide coverage to more than 30 million Americans without health insurance.

But the 236-181 largely party-line vote is unlikely to amount to more than a political message, since Democrats who still run the Senate have promised to block efforts to scrap the law and Obama has veto power.

Both sides are preparing for a standoff. They will probably take the big issues in the health care debate back to the voters in 2012, when Obama is expected to run for re-election and the House and Senate are up for grabs again.

House takes first step toward health care repeal - Washington Times
Its very reassuring that the Republican House thinks that it has the luxury of conducting "symbolic votes" when the American people are confronting "real problems!"

Like the Democrats in 2008, the Republicans are also "on the clock" and if they don't have somethong more constructive than "symbolic votes" to show in the next 2 years, they'll also be given "their walking papers!"

Dude, the American people PUT us back in power for reason such as THIS.

I'm confident this reborn party of mine will keep the MAJORITY of their promises.

Welcome btw.....

I'm confident this reborn party of mine will keep the MAJORITY of their promises.

Welcome btw.....
With a Democratic President and a Democratic majority in the Senate, "this reborn party of mine" can either hold "symbolic votes" in the House for the next 2 years or negotiate with the opposition!

The problem for the Republican leadership is to convince its Tea Party members that unless they compromise and produce results, there is no guarantee the American public will share your "confidence" and send them back in 2 years.

Last edited:

Welcome btw.....
With a Democratic President and a Democratic majority in the Senate, "this reborn party of mine" can either hold "symbolic votes" in the House for the next 2 years or negotiate with the opposition!

The problem for the Republican leadership is to convince its Tea Party members that unless they compromise and produce results, there is no guarantee the American public will share your "confidence" and send them back in 2 years.

Fair enough......

Forum List

Back