New Hondas Shown In My Hometown

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
If anyone has never seen Ventura, California, here are some very recent photos taken on the Westend of town.
Thanks to Ride Apart for the photos.

The 1st one shows the 2023 Honda SCL500 in front of Tony's Pizza.

AA1bWyAG.img

The next photo is on Wall Street.

AA1bWFWS.img

The rider below is Westbound on Poli St. in front of City Hall looking down California St.

AA1bWyAf.img

Now here is the new 2024 Honda Shadow Phantom cruising in front of the Ventura Theater on Chestnut St.

AA1bWotb.img

Here is the Shadow Phantom riding in Grant Park overlooking Downtown Ventura.

AA1bWwmk.img

The next photo is near Foster Park in North Ventura along the West bank of the Ventura River. Highway 33 runs along the East bank. As you can see, the bloom is everywhere after all the rain we had. That exact spot was flooded and covered in mud. Now it's green and clean.

AA1bWwmp.img

any photos of one that got hit by a car head on?
Your avatar says Gold Coast. I thought that was Chicago.

No, it's not.
RV's aren't allowed on Ventura streets without permits. They get towed. VPD doesn't tolerate tents or tarped living on the streets or parks here.
Oxnard is a whole different place. Thanks to Mother Nature, the Santa Clara divides us.

When you park it the Tweakers, Browns or Blacks will steal it. If you live thru the massive traffic (cars don't watch out for you) to get into the city//

RV's aren't allowed on Ventura streets without permits. They get towed. VPD doesn't tolerate tents or tarped living on the streets or parks here.
Oxnard is a whole different place. Thanks to Mother Nature, the Santa Clara divides us.

You say that now (NIMBY) but it is spreading. I lived up north and areas like Morgan Hill said the same......at one time. You don't hear as much anymore. Yes it is everywhere or will soon be.

If you look at that pic you can barely see the Serra statue head above the gas tank.

At least they didn't shoot out at, what has now become a cliché, Mugu Rock...

I don't think there's a car maker out there that hasn't shot at that curve and through the split...

You say that now (NIMBY) but it is spreading. I lived up north and areas like Morgan Hill said the same......at one time. You don't hear as much anymore. Yes it is everywhere or will soon be.
Whatever. Did you notice what the OP was about? I don't think I need a lesson on how my town looks or may look.

Whatever. Did you notice what the OP was about? I don't think I need a lesson on how my town looks or may look.

• The superfund site is a popular location for homeless encampments. The Ventura Police Department will also conduct a count in the Santa Clara River bottom on Monday. Harkey said the the city of Ventura estimates there are between 80 to 100 homeless people living in the river bottom.

636549207429969291-homeless-count-2018-10.jpg

At least they didn't shoot out at, what has now become a cliché, Mugu Rock...

I don't think there's a car maker out there that hasn't shot at that curve and through the split...
Or for that matter on 33. It's closed now from Meiners Oaks to Pine Mountain and no idea when it will reopen.

Say what you will about Hondas, because even though they are "rice burners" (as they are known in the HD community), they are still pretty dependable bikes. Used to have a Shadow and rode it all over the place, even did a trip from Norfolk VA to Amarillo TX when I transferred, and it held up well.

They used to have butt-ugly styling, but have seriously improved over the past couple of decades.

• The superfund site is a popular location for homeless encampments. The Ventura Police Department will also conduct a count in the Santa Clara River bottom on Monday. Harkey said the the city of Ventura estimates there are between 80 to 100 homeless people living in the river bottom.
Still has nothing to do with the OP. Capiche, or are you ignorant?

Forum List

Back