New Here, First Post

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JJ Volty, May 9, 2019.

1. JJ Volty

JJ Volty Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I'm looking for, hopefully, good conversation.

Yesterday, I watched a YouTube video of Tim Pool debating David Pakman and I thought, "hey, that was really good." Now, I like Tim Pool, have watched him for many months, over a year, and subscribe to his channel. He's a disillusioned liberal that's fed up with both the corporate Democrats and the far left overbearing social justice crowd. As for Dave Pakman, dunno, I'd never heard of him before but he turned out to be a true blue liberal but... amazingly... capable of polite discussion. OK he was a bit too passive aggressive against Tim but, eh, don't care. That was fine.

Anyway, I liked what I saw. Maybe I should get out of my bubble and go find decent people that I can discuss things with, find a way to talk about things with that doesn't devolve into smacking each other over the head with portable chairs. So I started by checking up on this guy Dave Pakman, watched a bunch of his videos, gave quite a few a thumbs down when his insipid liberalness 'triggered' me, STFU Dave. But some thumbs up too. I subscribed to his channel.

Anyway, my big takeaway was that I could use something like that in my life. So I kept looking and I found this site. I don't know much aboout it, hopefully good conversation with people that disagree with me. The topics seem to have a right wing bend and here in 2019, I also seem to have a right wing bend. Hopefully it's not a right wing echo chamber. I don't know if that's this place. I'll see.

I'm 47, married with three kids. I'm American but have been out of the country for 18 years and so am stuck in a cultural time warp to 2001. I use to think that I was a centrist because I have views on both sides of the aisle. I like President Trump and will vote for him in 2020, which to some people makes me a far right freak but the truth of it is that I'm more anti-stablsihment for both parties. I don't much like Bernie but I would have voted Bernie over Jeb! or Cruz or Rubio or Romney or any number of non-Trump esttablishment Republicans. Previously, I voted for Obama twice. That said, I won't be voting Democrat again for the forseeable future as they seem awfully crazy now. That can change, a dozen years ago, I thought I'd never vote Republican again since I'd hated GWB43 so much.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
  2. Old Yeller

Old Yeller Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,205
    Ugh!
    Me lay down in tepee now. Fire in belly grow hot.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Leo123

Leo123 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,510
    Welcome to the Forum and, from what I read in your post, congratulations for approaching political sanity after voting for the most divisive President in many decades.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  4. BULLDOG

BULLDOG Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,727

If that's what you are looking for, you're in the wrong place.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. JJ Volty

JJ Volty Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8

6. BULLDOG

BULLDOG Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,727
    That's usually just like the rest, only it's more passive aggressive than out right name calling.

7. MarathonMike

MarathonMike Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,819
    Welcome. It's a fun board, but I wouldn't get my hopes up too high for cerebral Left/Right political discussion.

8. Natural Citizen

Natural Citizen Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,030

I wrote in Ron Paul the last cycle. Again. He only got 1 electoral vote but it was worth a shot again. Heh heh. Hell, he wasn't even running.

Anyway. Welcome to the board. By the sound of it l'm certain you'll blend in just wonderfully.

9. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner 'Ole Wise One' Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,332
    :welcome:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  10. boedicca

boedicca Uppity Water Nymph Supporting Member

Thanks Received: