New here, American and free!

stevepidge

Rookie
Sep 29, 2009
Greetings!

I would like to say hello to all you guys and look forward to discussing all matters political.

I am a staunch conservative and libertarian with only one caveat.

I love the Soviet National Anthem, the melody is so much more powerful then ours it makes me wonder why we are still using a poem, and its a no brainer why the left seems to embrace this beautiful piece to hide the stench of their policies. Other then that, I must say Obama and the dems are going to WRECK this country if we don't our act together.

I'm aware of the history of the history of the star spangled banner but from a pure musical standpoint the soviet hymn is considerably more powerful, and its ability evoke pride, glory and general hair standing uppedness is unmatched imo.

that version you posted is a horrible version though.

As a poem the star spangled banner is awesome and it is very moving, but as a song I feel meh.

Last edited:
Greetings!

I would like to say hello to all you guys and look forward to discussing all matters political.

I love the Soviet National Anthem, the melody is so much more powerful then ours it makes me wonder why we are still using a poem, and its a no brainer why the left seems to embrace this beautiful piece to hide the stench of their policies. Other then that, I must say Obama and the dems are going to WRECK this country if we don't our act together.

Welcome to the forum.

Can I do Gunny's Job now? Save the politics for you're future posts and not in your intro to the forum.

Did I do good Boss?

:lol:

I'm just an American who leans right of center financially and foreign policy wise and a lil left of center socially.

I'm aware of the history of the history of the star spangled banner but from a pure musical standpoint the soviet hymn is considerably more powerful, and its ability evoke pride, glory and general hair standing uppedness is unmatched imo.

that version you posted is a horrible version though

As a poem the star spangled banner is awesome and it is very moving, but as a song I feel meh.

Nope sorry disagree. The S.S.B. beats the Soviet one by a mile and then some. imo.

Of course the soviet version was crappy. :D

Greetings!

Welcome, stevepidge. I hope you enjoy your encounters here...and the Soviet Anthem sucks.

I prefer this one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WclNIbnyfRI]YouTube - East German National Anthem[/ame]

I love the Soviet National Anthem, the melody is so much more powerful then ours...

The Soviet Army appeared so much more powerful than ours...but over time, we realized that it was not.

And so today, the powerful Soviet National Anthem and the powerful Soviet Army cease to exist.

You are a perfect example of that saying!! :lol:

You might have a leg to stand on if I called anyone retarded.. However...you simply look like a fool, which is about par for the course with you anyhow. :eusa_hand:

At least you don't have a low opinion of yourself Dis, unlike the rest of the board :razz:

I expect if I truly cared what the "rest of the board" thought, I likely wouldn't be here. But, you continue to feel free to speak for everyone.

Forum List

Back