New Deal/Progressivism vs Free Market or Libertarianism

You resort to ad hominem attacks, and use it as your main basis of discussion. I don't adhere to any particular beliefs whether it be political, social, or economic. I have no opposition nor do I support conservative economics, politics or social policies. I simply started a thread searching to learn and receive recommendations on how I could best learn more about economics . I read and listen to podcasts published by libertarians, conservatives, and also leftists or progressives. I want to learn as much as I can, but you can't even express yourself in a calm and eloquent manner, if you want to give your opinions and facts I'm open to them all.

Hello to everyone on this forum this will be my first post. I'm quite sure this is a discussion of much disagreement here, and for me it's something I have much difficulty concluding what economic school of thought I agree with. In particular if anyone can recommend books, articles, or any type of study material that may help me better understand the upside or downside of different economic when's it
One of the main schools of economic thought favored by libertarians is the Austrian school. You can learn about that by reading anything by Ludwig von Mises or Murray Rothbard. Both are very readable and interesting, although I would put off "Human Action" until you've been through the other works of Mises. It's a little daunting.

Hello to everyone on this forum this will be my first post. I'm quite sure this is a discussion of much disagreement here, and for me it's something I have much difficulty concluding what economic school of thought I agree with. In particular if anyone can recommend books, articles, or any type of study material that may help me better understand the upside or downside of different economic when's it
One of the main schools of economic thought favored by libertarians is the Austrian school. You can learn about that by reading anything by Ludwig von Mises or Murray Rothbard. Both are very readable and interesting, although I would put off "Human Action" until you've been through the other works of Mises. It's a little daunting.

Thanks, I think I'm going to start off reading Rothbard. The Mises institute have uploaded a lot of his books and many others to the Internet. Any recommendations on what I should read first?

Like I said earlier 90% of the middle class that was formed during the 20th century wouldn't even of occurred without government regulations and unions. Our problem the last 40 years is a mixture of deregulation, death of the unions and shitty trade agreements.

I don't see how loserterianism is going to do anything besides make it much worse.

Like I said earlier 90% of the middle class that was formed during the 20th century wouldn't even of occurred without government regulations and unions. Our problem the last 40 years is a mixture of deregulation, death of the unions and shitty trade agreements.

I don't see how loserterianism is going to do anything besides make it much worse.

Can you recommend any material on the union issue? Because I'm in a union and started at $16.80 an hour and receive a $3 raise every 6 months with great benefits, pension, and annuity. Not to mention the other money j get every hour in case I were to be out of work. The way I see it is they're paying me almost too much money, don't get me wrong I work hard and really try to learn but I'm far from what we would call a skilled worker.

Can you recommend any material on the union issue?.

you don't need material. In sum, unions cost money so prices of what they make go up. Consumers pay more and their standard of living goes down while union slim standards of living go up. It's simple theft made possible by liberal govt.

Like I said earlier 90% of the middle class that was formed during the 20th century wouldn't even of occurred without government regulations and unions.

of course thats stupid and liberal since unions and liberal govt obviously retard economic growth.

You resort to ad hominem attacks, and use it as your main basis of discussion. I don't adhere to any particular beliefs whether it be political, social, or economic. I have no opposition nor do I support conservative economics, politics or social policies. I simply started a thread searching to learn and receive recommendations on how I could best learn more about economics . I read and listen to podcasts published by libertarians, conservatives, and also leftists or progressives. I want to learn as much as I can, but you can't even express yourself in a calm and eloquent manner, if you want to give your opinions and facts I'm open to them all.

best books and Republican capitalism are Free to Choose and Capitalism and Freedom by Milton Friedman. Also, Capitalism the Unknown Ideal by Ayn Rand and Restoring the American Dream by Robert Ringer.

Easy reads but more than enough to easily defeat any liberal here!

One thing is certain. Government, whether controlled by monarchy, dictatorship, or democratically elected has overwhelming common traits. Those traits include corruption, inefficiencies, and in the worst cases enormous suffering and death. Yet, you like many on the left, want more government.
Why have you failed to learn from history?

Like I said earlier 90% of the middle class that was formed during the 20th century wouldn't even of occurred without government regulations and unions.

stupid unsupported liberal lie. Regulations caused the Great Depression and general soviet inefficiency and unions slowed down the growth of industry by making the products of industry less affordable and by destroying the work ethic.

Forum List

Back