New Deal/Progressivism vs Free Market or Libertarianism

Yanks09521

Rookie
Dec 27, 2015
Hello to everyone on this forum this will be my first post. I'm quite sure this is a discussion of much disagreement here, and for me it's something I have much difficulty concluding what economic school of thought I agree with. In particular if anyone can recommend books, articles, or any type of study material that may help me better understand the upside or downside of different economic when's it

Much of today's laws and government runs off the "New Deal" put in place by FDR..

The government today does not have a revenue problem, they have a spending problem..

The real problem is no one wants to cut the real spending, they only cut future spending..

There is no model that works when you spend more than you take in..

Lol, before "progressive policies of regulations, unions and anti-trust laws there hardly was a middle class. I am talking about the 18th into the 19th century! Most people were as poor as a Zimbabwe negro with the super rich ruling over them.

It was progressive policies that built the middle class and allowed far more people the ability to have a chance.

Look at what corporations are doing today!
-Bringing in h1b's to replace us
-Willing to pay great fines to hire illegals in order to pay very little.
-offshoring to China or some other shit hole to pay pennies to their workers. FUCK AMERICA!!!

All this occurring even through there's so many fucking loop holes in our tax system that the major corps pay next to shit. Oh'nooo'sss,,,not only do they treat the worker like shit but they also stop people from challenging them by buying out everything because they have used teh republican party to buy the goddamn system because of idiotic op's like this one.

The 40's, 50's and 60s were built on ideas that run the opposite direction of what you believe. Certainly the family was important but it also should be important today...Same as the society!

Realize, we had the biggest middle class in our history when the rich paid their taxes, respected our laws, we had fair trade polices and all at the same time we did very well. No, pure capitalist policies are the true failure.

Last edited:
Hello to everyone on this forum this will be my first post. I'm quite sure this is a discussion of much disagreement here, and for me it's something I have much difficulty concluding what economic school of thought I agree with. In particular if anyone can recommend books, articles, or any type of study material that may help me better understand the upside or downside of different economic when's it

dear, don't be stupid. China just switched to capitalism and instantly eliminated 40% of the entire world's poverty. Subject closed.

Lol, before "progressive policies of regulations, unions and anti-trust laws there hardly was a middle class. I am talking about the 18th into the 19th century! Most people were as poor as a Zimbabwe negro with the super rich ruling over them.

It was progressive policies that built the middle class and allowed far more people the ability to have a chance.

-offshoring to China or some other shit hole to pay pennies to their workers. FUCK AMERICA!!!

All this occurring even through there's so many fucking loop holes in our tax system that the major corps pay next to shit. Oh'nooo'sss,,,not only do they treat the worker like shit but they also stop people from challenging them by buying out everything because they have used teh republican party to buy the goddamn system because of idiotic op's like this one.

The 40's, 50's and 60s were built on ideas that run the opposite direction of what you believe. Certainly the family was important but it also should be important today...Same as the society!

Realize, we had the biggest middle class in our history when the rich paid their taxes, respected our laws, we had fair trade polices and all at the same time we did very well. No, pure capitalist policies are the true failure.

Thanks

So progressives made us great, but then you blame progressive policies for hurting us?
AGAIN, you have NO IDEA what a liberal, progressive, conservative or ANY brands actually mean. Dumbfuck

Thanks
Why would you thank ignorance? At least don't listen to it...

free market can never be free without labor mobility.
Who wants open borders? :dunno:
Fair and free trade are both GREAT if used properly. Right now, we need fair trade. We have to RE-build thanks to all those establishment politicians the last few decades that sold us out.
We got less rich, so some third world dummies got less poor.
Globalization is bullshit.

dear, don't be stupid. China just switched to capitalism and instantly eliminated 40% of the entire world's poverty. Subject closed.
you would support slave labor here, if your crony capitalists told you to. Wouldn't ya?

you would support slave labor here, if your crony capitalists told you to. Wouldn't ya?

dear stupid, Republicans support capitalism while Democrats support crony capitalism, Obamacare being the best example.

Do you have the IQ to understand even that?

:lol:
I bet you think china was communist before that?
Do you have a link?

dear stupid, Republicans support capitalism while Democrats support crony capitalism, Obamacare being the best example.

Do you have the IQ to understand even that?
I don't understand fallacies, dear.
Not to mention that conservatives drafted the first fascist healthcare plan in the late 80s..
You know what REAL crony capitalism is? Its when you set up all these trade deals to countries with slave labor and then expect to compete.

dear total idiot liberal, if every individual city state region or country had to make everything itself our standards of living would be a fraction of what they are. Imagine making your own car.

The golden rule is: the more with whom you trade the richer you get;the fewer with whom you trade the poorer you get.

PLease post on fridge for daily review so you won't look stupid and liberal every day.

dear total idiot liberal, if every individual city state region or country had to make everything itself our standards of living would be a fraction of what they are. Imagine making your own car.

The golden rule is: the more with whom you trade the richer you get;the fewer with whom you trade the poorer you get.

PLease post on fridge for daily review so you won't look stupid and liberal every day.
we are a nation dumbfuck.
This isn't primitive communism in the 14th century.

Japan is such a shitty country. With that protectionism they practiced and all..
When we practiced protectionism for 150 years and had the biggest growth in the world, it was all bullshit..

Japan is such a shitty country. With that protectionism they practiced and all..
When we practiced protectionism for 150 years and had the biggest growth in the world, it was all bullshit..
WTF??????????? idiot has no idea what his subject is

Forum List

Back