New CBO report is devastating for Obamacare

What denial?

The OPINION of the CBO report was cherry picked by a left winger.
How does an opinion piece of the CBO report by a left winger 'prove' the rightwing's interpretation of the report is wrong?

Report vs OPINION is HUGE!

Ya know, I've never allowed myself to fall into the crevice of calling posters
left wingers, yet I find myself doing this merely because the label is a popular attempt to insult anyone who is telling the truth.

Kerry on!

you know, I never knew Paul Ryan was a lift wing far left lefty ... because it was he himself that came to the media and said we got it wrong folks on what the CBO was saying ... they didn't say there were 2.5 million jobs lost ... Damn that left wing lefty Paul Ryan ... can't he ever get anything right....

They did say there was a disincentive to work. Do you consider that a good thing?

its not for me to decide if its a good thing or not... the way I perceive it is this, if you, as a worker, don't want the long hours and you would rather be with your family, then working 40 hours a week,. by working part time, then that's their (a word republicans don't like) choice... its not for me to say ... the ACA now allows you to choose to do what you want with your life and still have some sort of health care...

now this whole post here was supposed to be about republicans saying that jobs will be lost because of the ACA ... it wasn't about weather I liked the Idea that they don't have to work long hours, short hours, or any hours at all ... it was supposed to be about you republicans claiming that it caused jobs to be lost ... now we on the left said that's what its about ... did you read it instead of saying no I didn't read it we where called liars spinners of the truth and lots of names... we Lefties are use to being called names by the right...

now, I believe here your intention here is to do what we call shiny objects ... you know, hey look over here !!!! see what's over here ...don't look at the other thing look at this thing over here ... that's what I feel you're trying to do here ... instead of admitting to us that you republicans here were in error about what the CBO said you try the ole shiny object routine ... I answered it in the way I felt about it... so can you honestly now say that you too were in error about understanding what the CBO has said ... or are we going to see more shiny objscts here????

S'ok Carb...pay no attention to the ACTUAL report.

Just thank me for showing you the truth.

we're waiting for you to see what the truth is ... so far you're batting "0"

Apparently you kids are WAY over your heads here.

I posted the report, no spin, just the report and it seems to be WAY over your heads.

LOL, the most intellectual rebuttal you people have when faced with reality is a resounding "NUH-UH"!!!!!

no you posted a opinion ...you never posted any report at all ... you may think you did, the only thing I hear from you is a resounding "NUH-UH"!!!!!

because if you had a brain in your head, you would have gone to look at the web site that I posted of Paul Ryan saying it wasn't a job loss report ... if you had, then this way you wouldn't appear sooooo stupid here... you're making a fool of your self ... but we're use to it ...

we're waiting for you to see what the truth is ... so far you're batting "0"

Apparently you kids are WAY over your heads here.

I posted the report, no spin, just the report and it seems to be WAY over your heads.

LOL, the most intellectual rebuttal you people have when faced with reality is a resounding "NUH-UH"!!!!!

no you posted a opinion ...you never posted any report at all ... you may think you did, the only thing I hear from you is a resounding "NUH-UH"!!!!!

because if you had a brain in your head, you would have gone to look at the web site that I posted of Paul Ryan saying it wasn't a job loss report ... if you had, then this way you wouldn't appear sooooo stupid here... you're making a fool of your self ... but we're use to it ...

You have simply proven you can't read....all those big fancy colored words are straight from the report....my words are the tiny little dark ones, that should help lil guy.

; Just for you po lil folk.....LL all of that is from your section C.....

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/attachments/45010-Outlook2014.pdf

then why didn't you read it yourself??? or did you not understand what the whole post was about here ... let me enlighten you again... the accusation was this ... The CBO said the ACA will cost us 2.5 million jobs... now got to your PDF file look at it, then tell use what page number, where it says in that report of yours that says the ACA will cost 2.5 million jobs can ya do that for us .??? or are you going to come back here with another rant...

now in the top of your PDF file it has a search engine I typed in it this phrase "the ACA will cause Job loss" guess what ???? it couldn't find that phrase anywhere in the 189 pages wonder why that is ??? could it be they never said it???

Last edited:
; Just for you po lil folk.....LL all of that is from your section C.....

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/attachments/45010-Outlook2014.pdf

then why didn't you read it yourself??? or did you not understand what the whole post was about here ... let me enlighten you again... the accusation was this ... The CBO said the ACA will cost us 2.5 million jobs... now got to your PDF file look at it, then tell use what page number, where it says in that report of yours that says the ACA will cost 2.5 million jobs can ya do that for us .??? or are you going to come back here with another rant...

now in the top of your PDF file it has a search engine I typed in it this phrase "the ACA will cause Job loss" guess what ???? it couldn't find that phrase anywhere in the 189 pages wonder why that is ??? could it be they never said it???

Poor billy, read it for yourself....I posted it in BIG colorful letters for you......those of us who have decent comprehension skills can read it for ourselves and understand it...the rest of you depend on the spin meisters to "explain" it to you.....again all of those big colorful letters come from the report....I's read NONE of the spin articles from either side ;)

billerock1991...try reading Appendix C, Page 117. Hopefully you get the drift.

Overview
The baseline economic projections developed by the
Congressional Budget Office (CBO) incorporate the
agency’s estimates of the future effects of federal policies
under current law. The agency updates those projections
regularly to account for new information and analysis
regarding federal fiscal policies and many other influences
on the economy. In preparing economic projections for
the February 2014 baseline, CBO has updated its estimates
of the effects of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) on
labor markets.1
The ACA includes a range of provisions that will take full
effect over the next several years and that will influence
the supply of and demand for labor through various
channels. For example, some provisions will raise effective
tax rates on earnings from labor and thus will reduce the
amount of labor that some workers choose to supply. In
particular, the health insurance subsidies that the act provides
to some people will be phased out as their income
rises—creating an implicit tax on additional earnings—
whereas for other people, the act imposes higher taxes on
labor income directly. The ACA also will exert conflicting
pressures on the quantity of labor that employers
demand, primarily during the next few years.
How Much Will the ACA Reduce
Employment in the Longer Term?
The ACA’s largest impact on labor markets will probably
occur after 2016, once its major provisions have taken
full effect and overall economic output nears its maximum
sustainable level. CBO estimates that the ACA
will reduce the total number of hours worked, on net,
by about 1.5 percent to 2.0 percent during the period
from 2017 to 2024, almost entirely because workers will
choose to supply less labor—given the new taxes and
other incentives they will face and the financial benefits
some will receive. Because the largest declines in labor
supply will probably occur among lower-wage workers,
the reduction in aggregate compensation (wages, salaries,
and fringe benefits) and the impact on the overall economy
will be proportionally smaller than the reduction in
hours worked. Specifically, CBO estimates that the ACA
will cause a reduction of roughly 1 percent in aggregate
labor compensation over the 2017–2024 period, compared
with what it would have been otherwise. Although
such effects are likely to continue after 2024 (the end of
the current 10-year budget window), CBO has not estimated
their magnitude or duration over a longer period.
The reduction in CBO’s projections of hours worked
represents a decline in the number of full-time-equivalent
workers of about 2.0 million in 2017, rising to about
2.5 million in 2024. Although CBO projects that total
employment (and compensation) will increase over the
coming decade, that increase will be smaller than it would
have been in the absence of the ACA. The decline in fulltime-
equivalent employment stemming from the ACA
will consist of some people not being employed at all and
other people working fewer hours; however, CBO has not
tried to quantify those two components of the overall
effect. The estimated reduction stems almost entirely
from a net decline in the amount of labor that workers
choose to supply, rather than from a net drop in businesses’
demand for labor, so it will appear almost entirely
as a reduction in labor force participation and in hours
worked relative to what would have occurred otherwise
1. As referred to in this report, the Affordable Care Act comprises
the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (Public Law
111-148); the health care provisions of the Health Care and
Education Reconciliation Act of 2010 (P.L. 111-152); and the
effects of subsequent judicial decisions, statutory changes, and
administrative actions.

HERE IT IS
I posted it for us to look at so show us where it says it will cause JOB loss
[

this whole post here was about the ACA causing job loss ... not that it will cause is to pay higher taxes or what ever ... it was about the ACA causing jobs to be loss...period!!!! now if you don't lie the idea the peole don't have to work long hours any more thats your choice but don't come here and claim that it causes job loss ... then try to defend that statement ... it won't wash ... I mean you can go all day pointing things you don't like ... that's your choice ... but if you can't stick to the accusation being made in the first post that's your problem not mine... I'm addressing the accusation made by the republicans, Boehner and McConnell, them saying to the country that jobs will be loss and you defending those statement ... even Paul Ryan said they got it wrong... as do you get it wrong

What part of the word "decline" or "reduction" do you not understand?

here is what they said"some provisions will raise effective
tax rates on earnings from labor and thus will reduce the
amount of labor that some workers choose to supply"

now point out where it says JOB loss ... what part of JOB LOSS do you not understand ...no where in that sentence does it say JOB loss ... it clearly says to me, that they have a choice in supping their labor to any companies nothing more..

it says here
Because the largest declines in labor
supply will probably occur among lower-wage workers,
the reduction in aggregate compensation (wages, salaries,
and fringe benefits) and the impact on the overall economy
will be proportionally smaller than the reduction in
hours worked.
Specifically, CBO estimates that the ACA
will cause a reduction of roughly 1 percent in aggregate
labor compensation over the 2017–2024 period, compared

again show us where it says it will cause job loss .... I don't see in that statement anywhere that it says it will cause job loss ...

Last edited:
What I want to know is why Liberals continue to tout this law as something people need? Has it not already been proven to be not so? Why do they insist on foisting this on America?

This is what you get when the GOP decided to not do anything about a very real problem when it had the chance to do so. The GOP knew damn well what the Democrats were going to do about health care when given a chance, and the GOP still chose to do nothing.

We were sold down the river into slavery by the GOP. Reap the whirlwind, rubes!

We are now on our way to single payer health care. When ObamaCare flails and fails, the people will cry out for UHC, and they will get it. In our lifetime.

You obviously do not get it. Obama had a filibuster PROOF congress during his first 2 years in office--MEANING Republicans couldn't do a thing about Obamacare. That's why it was rushed through the senate & house (democrat controlled all the way)--and they didn't even take the time to read this 3200 page bill before they signed it.

Republican went through a list on the floor (even though being the minut minority-of what was going to happen)--which is starting to happen now and NO ONE LISTENED. Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid stopped them at every turn. Republicans were even BLOCKED from attending committee hearings on Obamacare.

There wasn't one single Republican vote to approve Obamacare--(the first in the history of this nation.)

No--DEMOCRATS OWN Obamacare all by themselves.

143970_600.jpg

Welcome to your hope and change!

Last edited:
What I want to know is why Liberals continue to tout this law as something people need? Has it not already been proven to be not so? Why do they insist on foisting this on America?

This is what you get when the GOP decided to not do anything about a very real problem when it had the chance to do so. The GOP knew damn well what the Democrats were going to do about health care when given a chance, and the GOP still chose to do nothing.

We are now on our way to single payer health care. When ObamaCare flails and fails, the people will cry out for UHC, and they will get it. In our lifetime.

You obviously do not get it. Obama had a filibuster PROOF congress during his first 2 years in office--MEANING Republicans couldn't do a thing about Obamacare. That's why it was rushed through the senate & house (democrat controlled all the way)--and they didn't even take the time to read this 3200 page bill before they signed it.

They went through a list on the floor (even though being the minut minority-of what was going to happen) and NO ONE LISTENED. Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid stopped them at every turn. Republicans were even BLOCKED from attending committee hearings on Obamacare.

There wasn't one single Republican vote to approve Obamacare--(the first in the history of this nation.)

143970_600.jpg

Nice cartoon. Completely misrepresents the facts. You must be proud.

If the labor force shrinks by 2.3 million people, a dude ( or an ass ) with a job is less likely to lose it. Do you get that? In fact, he will have more negotiating power.

Think, please.

Last edited:

They went through a list on the floor (even though being the minut minority-of what was going to happen) and NO ONE LISTENED. Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid stopped them at every turn. Republicans were even BLOCKED from attending committee hearings on Obamacare.

143970_600.jpg

Nice cartoon. Completely misoepresents the facts. You must be proud.

If the labor force shrinks by 2.3 million people, a dude ( or an ass ) with a job is less likely to lose it. Do you get that? In fact, he will have more negotiating power.

Think, please.

LAW OF ECONOMICS--something I know because I have been a small business owner for over 30 years--with employees. When you add costs onto employers the very FIRST thing they CUT are JOBS.

Obamacare has not even hit the employer mandate as yet. Democrats wisely postponed that until after the mid-term election cycle coming up this November. Employers with 50 or more employees will be required to cover their employees under Obamacare. Their next OPTION--is to cut employees hours to no more than 29 hours per week--to avoid their employees costs of Obamacare--or to simply lay off employees. TAKE YOUR choice this is what is going to happen.

Now for those that are currently covered under a small business owner--that contribute to their owner employer based policy (with fewer than 50 employees)--THIS is what is already happening.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuA2_P-m4Sk]WTAE-PA: Pennsylvania Small Business Hit With Skyrocketing Health Costs From ObamaCare - YouTube[/ame]

It's not IF Obamacare is going to affect you it's WHEN.

Well my first time in this room & sad to say its no different then any other of the rooms.

Why is it necessary to drive home your point by lying? Why?

Why is it a bad thing that millions of workers can make a decisions to change jobs , quit & start their own business or retire when its time because the ACA allows them the comfort of having HC?

Why would anyone try to spin that to make it a bad thing? Makes no sense at all?

It is an absolute lie to say ACA is causing million of Americans to lose their job. If you have a defensible position your taking them why lie about it?

Scary

you know, I never knew Paul Ryan was a lift wing far left lefty ... because it was he himself that came to the media and said we got it wrong folks on what the CBO was saying ... they didn't say there were 2.5 million jobs lost ... Damn that left wing lefty Paul Ryan ... can't he ever get anything right....

They did say there was a disincentive to work. Do you consider that a good thing?

its not for me to decide if its a good thing or not... the way I perceive it is this, if you, as a worker, don't want the long hours and you would rather be with your family, then working 40 hours a week,. by working part time, then that's their (a word republicans don't like) choice... its not for me to say ... the ACA now allows you to choose to do what you want with your life and still have some sort of health care...

now this whole post here was supposed to be about republicans saying that jobs will be lost because of the ACA ... it wasn't about weather I liked the Idea that they don't have to work long hours, short hours, or any hours at all ... it was supposed to be about you republicans claiming that it caused jobs to be lost ... now we on the left said that's what its about ... did you read it instead of saying no I didn't read it we where called liars spinners of the truth and lots of names... we Lefties are use to being called names by the right...

now, I believe here your intention here is to do what we call shiny objects ... you know, hey look over here !!!! see what's over here ...don't look at the other thing look at this thing over here ... that's what I feel you're trying to do here ... instead of admitting to us that you republicans here were in error about what the CBO said you try the ole shiny object routine ... I answered it in the way I felt about it... so can you honestly now say that you too were in error about understanding what the CBO has said ... or are we going to see more shiny objscts here????

This is from the CBO report and I don't see any shiny objects. People who are laid off, cut back to 29 hours a week or not able to get a job because of the ACA are not making a choice.

[quote]More than 2 million Americans who would otherwise rely on a job for health insurance will quit working, reduce their hours or stop looking for employment because of new health benefits available under the Affordable Care Act, congressional budget analysts said Tuesday.

The CBO attributed the decline in workforce participation primarily to this effect. But there were other, less important causes, too, including the likelihood that some employers will cut people’s hours, hire fewer workers or offer lower wages to new workers to avoid or compensate for a new fine on employers that do not offer insurance to employees who work more than 30 hours a week.[/quote]

Well my first time in this room & sad to say its no different then any other of the rooms.

Why is it a bad thing that millions of workers can make a decisions to change jobs , quit & start their own business or retire when its time because the ACA allows them the comfort of having HC?

Why would anyone try to spin that to make it a bad thing? Makes no sense at all?

It is an absolute lie to say ACA is causing million of Americans to lose their job. If you have a defensible position your taking them why lie about it?

Scary

Are you calling the CBO liars?

The CBO attributed the decline in workforce participation primarily to this effect. But there were other, less important causes, too, including the likelihood that some employers will cut people’s hours, hire fewer workers or offer lower wages to new workers to avoid or compensate for a new fine on employers that do not offer insurance to employees who work more than 30 hours a week.

Are you serious?

The GOP was flatly ignored. Bypassed. Overridden. They had zero power to stop this law. It was the rank partisanship employed by the Democrats that got us in this mess, and now you want to blame this on the GOP? Let's make one thing clear, they didn't pass the law. They couldn't stop the law. They have tried to repeal the law, but Democrats would have nothing of it.

Why are you blaming them? They've introduced numerous alternatives to Obamacare since 2007, g5? This is an absolutely moronic statement from you.

The GOP was not ignored.

The President invited congressional Republican leaders over to the White House numerous times, but they always refused to meet him because the entire GOP plan from Obama's inauguration day was to give him nothing and to never give the perception to their conservative voters that they would work with him.

This bunch of idiot Republicans are the first people in American history to not accept breakfast invites from the President of the United States.

They're such morons. And by refusing to work with Obama, Obama gets to claim all the credit for it.

This CBO report is positive news for the administration and for America.

It is amazing how many people manage to cross dimensions and post on this board.

Scary

Are you calling the CBO liars?

The CBO attributed the decline in workforce participation primarily to this effect. But there were other, less important causes, too, including the likelihood that some employers will cut people’s hours, hire fewer workers or offer lower wages to new workers to avoid or compensate for a new fine on employers that do not offer insurance to employees who work more than 30 hours a week.

Liberals are going to call anyone liars--racists or whatever that doesn't suit what they believe. They can't see beyond the tip of their noses or look at REALITY. Something that is really happening and is going to happen to those that haven't been hit by Obamcare as yet--but is certain to affect them--is beyond their comprehension.

The only time they will realize it is when it DIRECTLY affects them or it comes out of their own wallets--and that's on schedule.

PURPOSE OF OBAMACARE: to insure the unisured EFFECT OF OBAMACARE: uninsuring the insured

To date--6.4 million policies have been cancelled in the individual marketplace--because they did not meet the mandates of Obamacare. If you add in children and spouses that were covered under these plans you are talking about another 12-14 million people that have been added to the uninsured in this country. This after being promised by Obama and democrats over 40 times, that if you "liked" your policy and your doctor you could keep them. LIE OF THE YEAR AWARD GOES TO BARACK OBAMA.

ufonotcomingback.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back