New bill would ban gender-confirming care for anyone under 26 in Oklahoma

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
A new bill would make it a felony for anyone under the age of 26 to access gender-confirming care in the state of Oklahoma.

Senate Bill 129, sponsored by Republican state Sen. David Bullard, is the most recent anti-transgender care bill to be introduced in an ongoing push against gender-confirming care by Republican legislators across the country.

Though many of these bills have initially targeted minors, several recently proposed bills have started extending the bans into adulthood.

Under this bill, physicians and health care providers cannot provide gender transition procedures to a patient under the age of 26 or refer them “to any healthcare professional for gender transition procedures.”

Haha...

Fed likes to play games with age of majority so OK took it to the max with something else.

Even if it passes, I doubt it will pass court challenges.
I'm all for stopping children from being seually exploited & mutilated but it gets to be a slippery slope when you decide to ban adults from making their own medical decisions. That's opening a door that might not be closed easily.

If it's based on the fact that trannies are seriously mentally deranged by gender dysphoria & unable to make a competent decision of consent because they are so delusional, I understand that but good luck getting a court to agree. Particularly since it has a seemingly arbitrary age cap attached.

I would place the cutoff for the age at the little lower than that, perhaps, but I agree with the policy.

The term "gender confirming care" is an Orwellian construct designed to influence, perception, however, so I reject this term.

If an adult wants to identify as a member of the opposite sex, that is just fine with me. Calling something gender affirming care when applied to young children is child abuse.

Good idea by Senator Bullard.

But I think that they should also ban health insurance companies from covering dickectomies and other sex change procedures.

If someone over 26 wants to change their sex, fine. Have them pony up themselves, it will make them appreciative of the opportunity. and it would also push surgeons to make sure their patients are satisfied, as they will sue if they aren't pleased.

Good idea by Senator Bullard.

But I think that they should also ban health insurance companies from covering dickectomies and other sex change procedures.

If someone over 26 wants to change their sex, fine. Have them pony up themselves, it will make them appreciative of the opportunity. and it would also push surgeons to make sure their patients are satisfied, as they will sue if they aren't pleased.
I think that the whole point is to make the deviant think twice about rearranging their junk due to cost....I think many of them would find that buying a dress from the Goodwill is a lot cheaper. ;)

I think that the whole point is to make the deviant think twice about rearranging their junk due to cost....I think many of them would find that buying a dress from the Goodwill is a lot cheaper. ;)

Even if the deviate is well heeled and goes to Macy's for their new get-up, at least they can get store credit if they are dissatisfied with the purchase. There is a no return policy for new genitalia.

A new bill would make it a felony for anyone under the age of 26 to access gender-confirming care in the state of Oklahoma.

Senate Bill 129, sponsored by Republican state Sen. David Bullard, is the most recent anti-transgender care bill to be introduced in an ongoing push against gender-confirming care by Republican legislators across the country.

Though many of these bills have initially targeted minors, several recently proposed bills have started extending the bans into adulthood.

Under this bill, physicians and health care providers cannot provide gender transition procedures to a patient under the age of 26 or refer them “to any healthcare professional for gender transition procedures.”

Haha...

Fed likes to play games with age of majority so OK took it to the max with something else.
Once a person is 18 they are an adult so if a person can't decide his or her own medical needs at 18 then make the age of majority for everything 26

Changing one's sex isn't a medical need for anyone.
Doesn't matter. An adult can do anything they want to their own body. So you either acknowledge the fact that the age of majority is 18 or you change it for everyone.

Even if it passes, I doubt it will pass court challenges.
I'm all for stopping children from being seually exploited & mutilated but it gets to be a slippery slope when you decide to ban adults from making their own medical decisions. That's opening a door that might not be closed easily.

If it's based on the fact that trannies are seriously mentally deranged by gender dysphoria & unable to make a competent decision of consent because they are so delusional, I understand that but good luck getting a court to agree. Particularly since it has a seemingly arbitrary age cap attached.
I remember obamacare which treated 26 year olds as children who could be covered by their parents healthcare plans

Those done for sex change, sure.

Cosmetic boob jobs and the like are generally self-pay procedures.
So its discriminatory for one event. breast implants have caused severe life threatening problems in the past, but thats ok?

Doesn't matter. An adult can do anything they want to their own body. So you either acknowledge the fact that the age of majority is 18 or you change it for everyone.
SCOTUS has determined there is no right to privacy or bodily autonomy with Dobbs.

Once a person is 18 they are an adult so if a person can't decide his or her own medical needs at 18 then make the age of majority for everything 26
No
Age 26 is the approximate time when young adults gain full critical thinking.
Deciding whether to drink a beer or cut your penis off is a little different.

France has learned their lesson....
And starkly different from the prevailing mood in the US, the French Academy warns that “the risk of over-diagnosis is real, as evidenced by the growing number of young adults wishing to detransition. Instead of pushing children and teenagers onto a trans path quickly, the Academy says that the phase of psychological care should be extended for as long as possible.

No
Age 26 is the approximate time when young adults gain full critical thinking.
Deciding whether to drink a beer or cut your penis off is a little different.

France has learned their lesson....
And starkly different from the prevailing mood in the US, the French Academy warns that “the risk of over-diagnosis is real, as evidenced by the growing number of young adults wishing to detransition. Instead of pushing children and teenagers onto a trans path quickly, the Academy says that the phase of psychological care should be extended for as long as possible.
Doesn't matter. If you can join the army and kill who the government tells you to at 18 then you are capable of making your own decisions on what you do with your own body.

Forum List

Back