Never let a tragedy go to waste.

No died in that China tax of bringing that up. It's a strawman argument. There were no survivors in this and many children are dead. It's time to end this shit. We as a nation need stricter gun control. Mental evaluation for every gun purchase. Check into family history of mental illness. It is time to stop putting guns in the hands of the mentally ill.
How do you propose preventing crackpots from stealing weapons or obtaining them via the black market?

Maybe we should check and see exactly what Great Britain is doing....35-40 gun deaths a year ain't bad.

No died in that China tax of bringing that up. It's a strawman argument. There were no survivors in this and many children are dead. It's time to end this shit. We as a nation need stricter gun control. Mental evaluation for every gun purchase. Check into family history of mental illness. It is time to stop putting guns in the hands of the mentally ill.
How do you propose preventing crackpots from stealing weapons or obtaining them via the black market?

Maybe we should check and see exactly what Great Britain is doing....35-40 gun deaths a year ain't bad.
Maybe you could also check the number of home invasions that they have.

Less guns being made? No gun shows would help alot. If you make it harder to obtain, it's less likely to happen.
Typical ignorant knee-jerk response.

Guns are going to be made...Deal with it.

Gun dealers at gun shows have to go through the same procedures to sell guns there as they do from their own store fronts.

None of which addresses the fact that people who want firearms are going to get them.

Less guns being made? No gun shows would help alot. If you make it harder to obtain, it's less likely to happen.

Gun dealers at gun shows have to go through the same procedures to sell guns there as they do from their own store fronts.

None of which addresses the fact that people who want firearms are going to get them.

Yeah but there's one helluva difference in 35-40 gun deaths a year and 11,000-12,000

The U S is fucked up. The second amendment was written when single fire muskets and cannon balls were state of the art and the forebears thought a guerilla style warfare against the same kind of armament could take down a tyranical government. Like I said before....when are the enthusiasts going to start purchasing field artiillary pieces and cruise missles?

Last edited:
You enjoyed this massacre, didn't you? Now you think you can score political points.

How about enough is enough?

Is 20 kindergartners executed by a madman finally enough for this country? Columbine wasn't, Tucson wasn't, Virginia Tech wasn't, the Batman slay ins wasn't

How much longer should we just sit back, sigh, and hear.......nothing we can do about it?

Liar, you could pass a new amendment and be honest about what you want, see if 37 States agree.

No amendment is necessary. Gun ownership can be limited in the interest of public safety. It is obvious that public safety is at risk

How about enough is enough?

Is 20 kindergartners executed by a madman finally enough for this country? Columbine wasn't, Tucson wasn't, Virginia Tech wasn't, the Batman slay ins wasn't

How much longer should we just sit back, sigh, and hear.......nothing we can do about it?

Liar, you could pass a new amendment and be honest about what you want, see if 37 States agree.

No amendment is necessary. Gun ownership can be limited in the interest of public safety. It is obvious that public safety is at risk

Wrong. The INDIVIDUAL right for law abiding citizens to own firearms of a military type can NOT be infringed. And the Supreme Court agrees.

Here's the wingnut brigade right on cue....not letting a tragedy go to waste. Get bent, asshole :up_yours:

Exactly. This thread was started what, two hours after the event and immediately after it hit the news, and what's his priority?
Apprehending the gunman?
Getting kids to safety?
Treating the victims?
Consoling the witnesses and parents now scarred for life?

Nooooo - his priority is protecting Lord Gun Almighty. That is what's important.

This sums up the whole problem. We're not just a gun culture, we're a culture of death. Protecting Almighty Gun is more important than protecting Life.

IMHO people who could even think this way should have an immediate mandatory psychiatric evaluation.

Late this morning Fox had a past policeman as a guest and he was adamant that what we need is to arm principals and teachers with semi automatic weapons just like the assailant was armed with. He was not in favor of hiring any extra personnel but he declared that if the first two who left that 9:30 meeting had possessed the same kind of weapon they would have saved a dozen children. God what a genius.

I wonder if the NRA is prepared to buy those weapons at a cost of about $800 each and pay for ammunition and training millions to use the guns........DUH

The ideas we hear from gun lovers fall into one category.....ludicrous.

Conservatives have no problems coughing up money to buy guns for teachers

They only oppose buying textbooks for them

Which is exactly what happened... Those were not his guns.

One more thing... I keep hearing garbage like what Campbell said about supporters of the 2nd Amendment defending their rights "just two hours after attack".... What that jackass ignores is all the calls immediately from the left to make more laws restricting firearms.
Guess we are supposed to just sit back and let that happen??

Sorry, but I'm not sitting back and being quiet.

Exactly. This thread was started what, two hours after the event and immediately after it hit the news, and what's his priority?
Apprehending the gunman?
Getting kids to safety?
Treating the victims?
Consoling the witnesses and parents now scarred for life?

Nooooo - his priority is protecting Lord Gun Almighty. That is what's important.

This sums up the whole problem. We're not just a gun culture, we're a culture of death. Protecting Almighty Gun is more important than protecting Life.

IMHO people who could even think this way should have an immediate mandatory psychiatric evaluation.

Late this morning Fox had a past policeman as a guest and he was adamant that what we need is to arm principals and teachers with semi automatic weapons just like the assailant was armed with. He was not in favor of hiring any extra personnel but he declared that if the first two who left that 9:30 meeting had possessed the same kind of weapon they would have saved a dozen children. God what a genius.

I wonder if the NRA is prepared to buy those weapons at a cost of about $800 each and pay for ammunition and training millions to use the guns........DUH

The ideas we hear from gun lovers fall into one category.....ludicrous.

Conservatives have no problems coughing up money to buy guns for teachers

They only oppose buying textbooks for them

This con$ervative has a problem with it... It's a stupid idea.

Wrong. The INDIVIDUAL right for law abiding citizens to own firearms of a military type can NOT be infringed. And the Supreme Court agrees.

No they don't. They only ruled on an across the board ban on handguns was too broad. There are plenty of ways to restrict access to crazy fucks, ban magazines over 30 rounds, limits on gun shows

Do you really think the Supreme Court will support you after 20 kindergartners have been executed?

Fact is, that monster was hellbent on murder... Evil exists, and we have to deal with it as it rears its ugly head.

I'm saddened that we have to politicize this tragedy.

That crazy piece of middle age bullshit has been amended 27 times. All the people have to do is let the politicans die on the vine and send a group to Washington which will change the thing one more time.

Guns will never be taken away from the American public, we know that. And we have thousands upon thousands of gun laws across the states. But they are not being totally enforced. Why? Because of money. Just like every issue in American politics it all boils down to money. You live in a Capitalist State. Every decision that anyone makes, money is the top priority. Want to slow the flow of blood? Be willing to pay more taxes to pay for it.

That crazy piece of middle age bullshit has been amended 27 times. All the people have to do is let the politicans die on the vine and send a group to Washington which will change the thing one more time.

That is the only way you get what you want. An Amendment. Why is it no one tries one? because you know 37 States will never agree to be disarmed.

That is the only way you get what you want. An Amendment. Why is it no one tries one? because you know 37 States will never agree to be disarmed.

Right Now........I'll give you ten to one odds you're wrong. If the Nazi assholes keep up this insanity...the thing will be taken care of. I'll go further....if the right doesn't begin to realize that bible thumping people carrying guns is illogical they're in much deeper trouble:

Matthew 5:39
But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.

Matthew 5:44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them who despitefully use you, and persecute you

Last edited:
I agree 100%. The sad thing is the present event hurts everyone more because of the record number of children killed. The cold hard facts are that every day many lives are ruined because of easy access to military style assault weapons and 100 clips. It might be in the inner city where nobody seems to care but it still leaves scars on those affected. The city of Memphis, TN has 40 times more gun deaths than the entire nation of Great Britain where they have gun control...all of America has about 500 times as many.

take away those "inner city" deaths by the gang bangers and the those numbers drop dramatically.....saw this on a pbs talk show about gun violence a ways back....they said as much as 75%.....

LOL....so you've already decided that folks who live in the inner city aren't worth much. It reminds me of the fact that the same people who wrote the second amendment also owned slaves and put in writing that one of them was worth 3/5 of a white man.

It's time somebody showed up with a little reasonable logic and stopped this medieval nonsense.

oh i have?.....apparently your not bright enough to see the point i was making in comparison to the statement you made.....Gang bangers and people who do violence ....i can care less about them and their lives....the regular people i care about....but you now belong to a party that just strings these people along and does nothing for them.....so.....now who doesn't think that those people are worth much?....you sure as hell must not.....

making it harder for who?.....the Law abiding guy?....or the Bad Guys?.....

Yeah but there's one helluva difference in 35-40 gun deaths a year and 11,000-12,000

The U S is fucked up. The second amendment was written when single fire muskets and cannon balls were state of the art and the forebears thought a guerilla style warfare against the same kind of armament could take down a tyranical government. Like I said before....when are the enthusiasts going to start purchasing field artiillary pieces and cruise missles?

relax Gramps.....i really dont think that will happen.....you read to much Extremist bullshit.....

take away those "inner city" deaths by the gang bangers and the those numbers drop dramatically.....saw this on a pbs talk show about gun violence a ways back....they said as much as 75%.....

lol....so you've already decided that folks who live in the inner city aren't worth much. It reminds me of the fact that the same people who wrote the second amendment also owned slaves and put in writing that one of them was worth 3/5 of a white man.

It's time somebody showed up with a little reasonable logic and stopped this medieval nonsense.

oh i have?.....apparently your not bright enough to see the point i was making in comparison to the statement you made.....gang bangers and people who do violence ....i can care less about them and their lives....the regular people i care about....but you now belong to a party that just strings these people along and does nothing for them.....so.....now who doesn't think that those people are worth much?....you sure as hell must not.....

rotfl

Forum List

Back