Nevada sheriff faces recall over enforcing red flag laws

miketx

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2015
Good, weed 'em out! Didn't they hang the nazis at Nuremberg for just "following orders?"

Humboldt County Sheriff Mike Allen’s decision to enforce new red flag laws — which allow for temporary confiscation of guns for people a judge deems “at risk” — has spurred a campaign to have him recalled.

Dawn Principe, owner of Sage Hill Arms gun store in Winnemucca and member of the 1,600-member Facebook group behind the recall campaign, said members plan to file a notice of intent with the county on Thursday to recall the sheriff on the grounds he is not “standing up” for their rights. According to the county clerk, the group will have 90 days from when it files to collect 502 signatures and, if successful, proceed with a recall committee.

“They’re taking up a fight against me on something the Legislature has to do, and they think I have the authority not to follow the law,” Allen said in an interview Wednesday with The Nevada Independent. “I do oppose this law. However, it’s my not my job to oppose a law; my job is to enforce the law.”

Humboldt residents will file to recall sheriff after commissioners signed ‘Second Amendment sanctuary’ resolution

Yeah, jackboot you go right ahead and enforce unconstitutional laws.

• Banned
Good, weed 'em out! Didn't they hang the nazis at Nuremberg for just "following orders?"

Humboldt County Sheriff Mike Allen’s decision to enforce new red flag laws — which allow for temporary confiscation of guns for people a judge deems “at risk” — has spurred a campaign to have him recalled.

Dawn Principe, owner of Sage Hill Arms gun store in Winnemucca and member of the 1,600-member Facebook group behind the recall campaign, said members plan to file a notice of intent with the county on Thursday to recall the sheriff on the grounds he is not “standing up” for their rights. According to the county clerk, the group will have 90 days from when it files to collect 502 signatures and, if successful, proceed with a recall committee.

“They’re taking up a fight against me on something the Legislature has to do, and they think I have the authority not to follow the law,” Allen said in an interview Wednesday with The Nevada Independent. “I do oppose this law. However, it’s my not my job to oppose a law; my job is to enforce the law.”

Humboldt residents will file to recall sheriff after commissioners signed ‘Second Amendment sanctuary’ resolution

The law in america means absolutely nothing at all. See your president for further details which shift moment to moment.
TDS attempts another derail.

The law in america means absolutely nothing at all. See your president for further details which shift moment to moment.
Anyone paying attention has noticed this long, long ago.

• Banned

Anyone paying attention has noticed this long, long ago.
Yes, we know you have been derailing threads for a long time. Why don't you stop it?

• Banned
Also in regards to the OP, I have joined these people's facebook page and they are boiling mad and their numbers are growing by the day.

Also in regards to the OP, I have joined these people's facebook page and they are boiling mad and their numbers are growing by the day.

Back in the 90s the democrats went hard on the gun control thing. They passed the assault weapon ban.....and promptly lost control of congress after having control for 40+ years.....for some reason they think they can push gun control again.....which is a good thing....gun owners have become lazy and complacent...especially the hunters who think for some reason that the gun grabbers will let them keep their shotguns......LOL......that is pretty funny how silly they are...

This is strictly a bad desision by the Nevada legislators. Nevada has just over 3,000,0000 people in it, over 2,000,000 reside in the Las Vegas valley and just about 600 square miles big with the cities of Las Vegas and Henderson being the most densely populated and high crime areas.

Humboldt County has 16,000 residents and is 9658 squire miles. There was (2) murders in 2018, (2) in 2017, and none from 2016 through 2013, and 1 in 2012, and none in 2011 and 2010.

This is a ranching, mining, guided hunting, community. This is the type of area you will still see guns in gun racks in the back window of pickup trucks everywhere.

Complete night and day from the crime/drug infested area of the Las Vegas valley.

Does the Sheriff have the authority NOT to follow the law?

This is strictly a bad desision by the Nevada legislators. Nevada has just over 3,000,0000 people in it, over 2,000,000 reside in the Las Vegas valley and just about 600 square miles big with the cities of Las Vegas and Henderson being the most densely populated and high crime areas.

Humboldt County has 16,000 residents and is 9658 squire miles. There was (2) murders in 2018, (2) in 2017, and none from 2016 through 2013, and 1 in 2012, and none in 2011 and 2010.

This is a ranching, mining, guided hunting, community. This is the type of area you will still see guns in gun racks in the back window of pickup trucks everywhere.

Complete night and day from the crime/drug infested area of the Las Vegas valley.

The easy answer; Don't do anything that would make yourself a red flag law candidate.

Enforcing any unconstitutional law is a violation of his oath.

He swore an oath to uphold State laws,

Lol, what about his oath to the constitution of the United States? Or do you even care about that?

The easy answer; Don't do anything that would make yourself a red flag law candidate.
Many people haven't done anything but the jack booted thugs came anyway. People have been shot down by the police over it.

Many people haven't done anything but the jack booted thugs came anyway. People have been shot down by the police over it.

Who are these "many people?"

Lol, what about his oath to the constitution of the United States? Or do you even care about that?

Where is it mentioned in the constitution the words "red flag laws?"

The Sheriff is a locally elected official, if the local electorate is dissatisfied with his or her "job performance" they are perfectly within their rights to demand a recall.
Just so you don't misunderstand my point (though some obviously will anyway) I'm addressing the local electorate's rights not whether the Sheriff should or shouldn't uphold State law, that's up to the Sheriff not you or I unless we live there.

He swore an Oath to Uphold and Defend the COTUS as well. Learn before you spew.

Forum List

Back