Nervous Wreck

Just sent my rough draft to my nephew and daughter. Sitting here shaking.

I read it start-to-finish myself before sending it off. I really enjoyed it, even in rough draft form. And because it sat so long, I could clearly see what was missing.

Still.

Wow.

Good on you. It's hard, isn't it.

That bit didn't go well. He decided I had practically written a journal, and therefore rescinded his offer to read my rough draft. I then rescinded my offer to be his supportive aunt, and found another person or two to go over it and offer advice.

Things are a wee bit tense on that front.

A lot of times, even well meant advice is a deterrent to some people. Maybe you should just go for it. No one will ever be able to say what you want to say better than you. Don't be afraid. There are always ways around what might be holding you back.

You can do it. You only need your own approval or disapproval.

Yeats wrote...
"Ah! Druid, Druid, how great webs of sorrow
Lay hidden in the small slate-coloured thing! "

He originally wrote...
Lay hidden in the small slate-coloured bag!"

I liked the original better.

You can do it. I want you to do it.

Last edited:
Good on you. It's hard, isn't it.

That bit didn't go well. He decided I had practically written a journal, and therefore rescinded his offer to read my rough draft. I then rescinded my offer to be his supportive aunt, and found another person or two to go over it and offer advice.

A lot of times, even well meant advice is a deterrent to some people. Maybe you should just go for it. No one will ever be able to say what you want to say better than you. Don't be afraid. There are always ways around what might be holding you back.

Yeats wrote...

He originally wrote...

You can do it.

Oh, yeah; that's what I do. Stronger at the broken places. You tell me you'll help me and then refuse? Fuck you! Next?

/she said politely

Yeats wrote...

He originally wrote...

You can do it.

Oh, yeah; that's what I do. Stronger at the broken places. You tell me you'll help me and then refuse? Fuck you! Next?

/she said politely

LOL. I'm trying to help you. I have confidence in you.

What do you need help with? What can I help you with?

Yeats wrote...

He originally wrote...

You can do it.

/she said politely

LOL. I'm trying to help you. I have confidence in you.

What do you need help with? What can I help you with?

That was aimed at my nephew. No worries. I have beta readers, I'm doing my homework - I'll be fine. Thank you, though.

Forum List

Back