Nervous Wreck

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Just sent my rough draft to my nephew and daughter. Sitting here shaking.

I read it start-to-finish myself before sending it off. I really enjoyed it, even in rough draft form. And because it sat so long, I could clearly see what was missing.

Still.

Wow.

Read Heinlein's rules for writing. Anybody who takes a break from writing "Stranger in a Strange Land" to pound out "Starship Troopers" probably knows more about writing that everyone on this board combined.

I wish you the best, BD. Best wishes. - Jeri p.s. someone told me I'm not supposed to say good luck to people. So Best wishes!

Last edited:
Oh I am so excited for you. I didn't know you were an aspiring author. I love it! I'll be able to say I knew her when. OMG tell me I never negged you.:eek:

I write but I don't have the courage to send my short stories off. I'm really excited. Yay or nay it doesn't matter. You've taken a step I've not been able to.

YAY!

Now spill the beans girl, what have you written. Just a hint. Don't give anything away. But just a bit. What genre or I won't be able to sleep tonight.

I know a few authors who started out on message boards. One became famous and his novel which was about prophecy was made into a Hollywood film I was told. I don't know the name of the movie but I can find out. The other one was a very close friend of mine who has published 4 books now and is working on a 5th. The other is a lawyer who wrote a political book which is gaining alot of attention. And now BD Boop is the next one! Those are my brushes with fame! I like BD's style of writing. You feel her passion. I think passion is a very important element in life. If you have passion about something you are destined to succeed at it. I read BD mention passion in one of her threads and I thought man! That woman is onto the truth there! - Jeri

You will do great, Boop! Congrats on finishing it and sending it off for review! Did ya salute yourself with a glass of Champagne?

Oh I am so excited for you. I didn't know you were an aspiring author. I love it! I'll be able to say I knew her when. OMG tell me I never negged you.:eek:

I write but I don't have the courage to send my short stories off. I'm really excited. Yay or nay it doesn't matter. You've taken a step I've not been able to.

YAY!

You WRITE THAT BOOK!! You have said so little, yet so much, on this board, you know I'd be first in line to see your adventures!

And no. You've never negged me. :)

Now spill the beans girl, what have you written. Just a hint. Don't give anything away. But just a bit. What genre or I won't be able to sleep tonight.

Okay, you twisted my arm. ;)

Banishment is a bitch. Oh, sure - you could say I deserved it.

Fine! I deserved it. But after centuries of give and take with Eros, we'd reached a certain level of understanding. So color me surprised when I lost a bet and he banished my ass to this lowly plane. Terms of the bet on the “double or nothing” front was that I come down here and work my divine retribution magic on one hundred souls. I figured I'd be back in time for lunch, but he wasn't done issuing conditions.

For every condition he gave, I countered with one of my own. That's how I came to be here with my companions of the past seventy centuries or so, Pink and Floyd.

My name is Nemesis, and I've grown rather attached to it. I scrambled it about a bit, and now my surname is Messine. My first name is Leto, as I rather admired her pluck when she was cast from Olympus. And now that I'd been cast as well, there was a certain symmetry.

Does my name ring a bell? I am Nemesis, Goddess of Divine Retribution.

EXCELLENT passage you posted! Sounds....very very interesting. I would ask for more, but I will wait until it is published then i can get a full synopsis. Did I spell synopsis correctly? lol

Anywho...it is kinda in the sy-fi realm?

EXCELLENT passage you posted! Sounds....very very interesting. I would ask for more, but I will wait until it is published then i can get a full synopsis. Did I spell synopsis correctly? lol

Anywho...it is kinda in the sy-fi realm?

Nope. Pure fantasy - but no werewolves or vampires. :)

I am not asking for advice. I am sharing that I am nervous, and etc.

Asking or not, Stephen King wrote a great brief tome called ON WRITING, which I highly recommend. It's not a load of rigid rules, but more a collection of notes on being a better "thinker" as you write. I found it an excellent resource and have read it three times.

Good luck with your manuscripts.

I read it start-to-finish myself before sending it off. I really enjoyed it, even in rough draft form. And because it sat so long, I could clearly see what was missing.

Still.

Wow.

Good on you. It's hard, isn't it.

Still.

Wow.

Good on you. It's hard, isn't it.

That bit didn't go well. He decided I had practically written a journal, and therefore rescinded his offer to read my rough draft. I then rescinded my offer to be his supportive aunt, and found another person or two to go over it and offer advice.

Things are a wee bit tense on that front.

YAY!

There are ways to bare your soul and remain secret and away from the roar. Some people write and are published but manage to maintain their anonymity. You should look for a way.

Forum List

Back