Nervous habits?

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
What are yours??

I bite my lower lip, twirl my hair on my finger, or sometimes tap my foot, this one has just been brought to my attention.

why are you nervous, Bonnie? :) Relax! :p:

I finger-tap...while at dinner, I spin the little wine-glass charm...or sorta tap whichever utensil I have. I also talk...a LOT...when I'm nervous.

:)

When I'm nervous, I play with my hands, or bite my nails.
I naturally tap my feet, beat on the desk, or sing cause I'm
a musician.

I bite my nails, chew the inside of my cheek, jiggle my leg, but theWORST thing I do when I'm nervous is smile! I hate this! It gets you into such yucchy situations. People think you aren't taking them seriously, or I am being serious, and they don't take me seriously. Very annoying! I remember we had a scare with one of the kids, getting hurt, and I was grinning from ear-to-ear! People must think I am a terrible parent to think it's funny when my child is hurt. It wasn't funny; I was just nervous! I would love to know WHY I do this. If anyone knows anything about psychology, please let me know.

i pretend like what you are saying is actually interesting....when all i can think is....get me the hell out of here and oh shit i have not heard a word you said and you have now asked me what i think....

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
manu1959 said:
i pretend like what you are saying is actually interesting....when all i can think is....get me the hell out of here and oh shit i have not heard a word you said and you have now asked me what i think....

LMAO!!! :D Excellent! :D

mom4 said:
I bite my nails, chew the inside of my cheek, jiggle my leg, but theWORST thing I do when I'm nervous is smile! I hate this! It gets you into such yucchy situations. People think you aren't taking them seriously, or I am being serious, and they don't take me seriously. Very annoying! I remember we had a scare with one of the kids, getting hurt, and I was grinning from ear-to-ear! People must think I am a terrible parent to think it's funny when my child is hurt. It wasn't funny; I was just nervous! I would love to know WHY I do this. If anyone knows anything about psychology, please let me know.

Funny---whenever we heard my mother laughing in another room we'd run and look cause we knew something bad had happened. No idea why

Drum my nails (they make nice loud, distracting, clicking sounds), and pace.

mom4 said:

I have chewed on the inside of my cheek too!!
The smiling too much........ funny!!!!! Just nervous laughter/ smiling, your fine!! :)

mom4 said:
..... theWORST thing I do when I'm nervous is smile! I hate this! ......
I had an aunt that laughed at the damnedest times. My dad told a story of when they were young and the whole time he'd tell it Helen would laugh. I've inheritied the tendancy to do this, sometimes. When I'm in a non-emergency situation, and still helpless, I tend to laugh. Which causes the recipient much anger. My son tells me I sure don't help a situation.

Joz said:
I had an aunt that laughed at the damnedest times. My dad told a story of when they were young and the whole time he'd tell it Helen would laugh. I've inheritied the tendancy to do this, sometimes. When I'm in a non-emergency situation, and still helpless, I tend to laugh. Which causes the recipient much anger. My son tells me I sure don't help a situation.

Isn't it infuriating?

mom4 said:
Isn't it infuriating?
Yes, and the more furious the person gets, the harder I laugh. It usually occurs like when I'm helping carry something really heavy and someone scrapes the skin off their knuckles.

Joz said:
Yes, and the more furious the person gets, the harder I laugh. It usually occurs like when I'm helping carry something really heavy and someone scrapes the skin off their knuckles.

:teeth: I swear that's what happen a couple of months ago when I went to get the boy's new beds. The 2 guys were loading them up and 1 guy busted his knuckles and walked away quickly, thank god because I ended up bustin up laughing!

manu1959 said:
given these habits i would guess most if not all of you do or did somke
I took a drag off a cigarette when I was about 9 or 10. Was the only time in my entire life.

Forum List

Back