Neil Diamond announces retirement, cancels tour dates due to Parkinson’s diagnosis

The guy is 76 years old and lost his voice better than two decades ago. You might as well listen to a CD. What does it take to get old rock stars to retire besides a debilitating disease?

Parkinson's is a bitch. That's why Linda Ronstadt can't sing any more too. It also killed my Dad.

Well, he's 76 years old. It's not nice, but he's had a good life and will have the money for good care. When my grandfather got Parkinson's he didn't have such good care and was much younger. Yes, death can be a tragedy, but if a person has lived a good life, then it's far less of a tragedy.

The guy is 76 years old and lost his voice better than two decades ago. You might as well listen to a CD. What does it take to get old rock stars to retire besides a debilitating disease?
I am about the same age, and my voice doesn't sound the same as it did 30 years ago. But I still enjoy hearing people with talent like Diamond has singing, even if time has degrade their abilities. The memories that voice brings back are still diamonds.

Parkinson's is a bitch. That's why Linda Ronstadt can't sing any more too. It also killed my Dad.
Its also why country singer K.T. Oslin isn't out there anymore either.

God bless you and her and Linda and Neil always!!!

Holly

P.S. My most favorite song from Neil is "Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon".

Holly

According to my search, K. T. Oslin had heart by-pass surgery and retired.

Holly

On this page here, it says that she told about having Parkinson's Disease on her Face Book page.

God bless you and K.T. always!!!

Holly

P.S. I love to hear her videos for "80's Ladies", "I'll Always Come Back", "Hold Me", and "Come Next Monday".

I loved his voice, so richly vivid, with classy, quality music. But he had a very long run, being 77. Many rockers don't even live to be 77. I always loved his songs "America," "Holly Holy," and "Yesterday's Songs."

Holly

On this page here, it says that she told about having Parkinson's Disease on her Face Book page.

God bless you and K.T. always!!!

Holly

P.S. I love to hear her videos for "80's Ladies", "I'll Always Come Back", "Hold Me", and "Come Next Monday".

Thanks! I just couldn't find the current info!

I loved the way some Diamond rock & roll songs had a classical orchestra in the background, which layers the moody effect of the song.

Forum List

Back