Negro Sues McDonalds For 1.5 Million: "They Only Gave Me One Napkin" Citing Racism

Can you counter sue claiming damages brought on by being falsely accused of racism?

That would be fun :)

And I can imagine just the type of attorney who took his case!

"One napkin?... That's totally inappropriate. It's lewd, lascivious, salacious, outrageous! "
Jackie_Chiles_in_The_Maestro_Seinfeld.JPG

McDonalds -- Man Sues for $1.5 MILLION ... They Only Gave Me One Napkin | TMZ.com

People can do whatever they want (sue over napkins), however any rational upstanding court is going to throw this out instantly and McDonald's won't hesitate a millisecond on court fees while this man is going to be out like $20,000.

A moron. Doesn't deserve any press or its own thread.

Without the hot coffee lawsuit way back I'd laugh and say good luck with that, but because of stupid lawsuits resulting in actual judgements I guess I'll say sincerely, good luck with that. :)

Have you ever actually read the facts in the hot coffee lawsuit? It was not what we were led to believe by the media.

And....anyone can sue for anything in this country........doesn't mean they're gonna win, tho.

Which is exactly why we should implement a "loser pays" approach to civil law just the rest of the world.

I don't think Mickey D's is gonna have a problem with paying their lawyers.

This lawsuit is absolutely insane, and no reasonable person would agree with this man for this insulting stunt. So, because he only got one napkin in his bag, he thinks he can sue for more than a million bucks on the grounds of racism? Dear Lord, what does it mean when they give him the wrong sandwich? I've not been given napkins, AND they've got my order mixed up. But you don't see me screaming and wailing racism while trying to steal over $1,000,000 in a screwed-up lawsuit. I wish judges could hold these kinds of losers in contempt of court, or hit them with fines for wasting precious time.

Did you read the link?

I read the link. It's still a bullshit lawsuit. He couldn't work because of the "undue mental anguish" of not getting another napkin? Fuck this guy!

Have you ever actually read the facts in the hot coffee lawsuit? It was not what we were led to believe by the media.

And....anyone can sue for anything in this country........doesn't mean they're gonna win, tho.

Which is exactly why we should implement a "loser pays" approach to civil law just the rest of the world.

No, not at all. Such costs get passed to the consumer in the form of higher retail prices. Then there's the cost of the court systems, which the taxpayers bear.

You against a loser pays law? Why?

No, not at all. Such costs get passed to the consumer in the form of higher retail prices. Then there's the cost of the court systems, which the taxpayers bear.

Large corporations like McDonalds get sued all the time. Half the time you never even hear about these lawsuits, let alone do you notice an increase in prices when it happens. Most likely this man will receive a much smaller out-of-court settlement, and go on to sue some other company for something just as stupid. This will probably be the last you ever hear about this case.

Large corporations like McDonalds get sued all the time. Half the time you never even hear about these lawsuits, let alone do you notice an increase in prices when it happens.

Unless you worked in the corporate finance headquarters for McDonalds you wouldn't see how the cost of litigation effects retails prices, just as all expenses do.

Tell me you're not suggesting that litigation expenses have no effect on the prices that must be charged to cover all operating costs...

Most likely this man will receive a much smaller out-of-court settlement, and go on to sue some other company for something just as stupid. This will probably be the last you ever hear about this case.

Perhaps so, but that in no way provides a defense against the a loser pays law. Are you against such a law?

Perhaps so, but that in no way provides a defense against the a loser pays law. Are you against such a law?

Both the English and American rules have merit, but it would have to be judged on a case by case basis, in my opinion. I don't see that ever happening, so there is no perfect option.

Both the English and American rules have merit, but it would have to be judged on a case by case basis, in my opinion. I don't see that ever happening, so there is no perfect option.

With so few, if any, exceptions to the American rule, I would welcome that it be judged on a case by case basis. Baby step at least.

Personally, I'd MUCH prefer the English rule. While not a panacea, it would save taxpayers and consumers a hell of a lot of money wasted in bullshit lawsuits, like this one.

However, given the amount of money donated by various attorney associations to a certain party, I'm not holding my breath.

I'm surprised that race whore Sharpton isn't 'Marching" to have all fast food restaurants provide Black colored napkins. I mean that's where 78% of Blacks eat every day.
Guess there's no shake-down money in it.

I'm sure it was just a case of mistaken identify. The clerk had no idea he was serving The World's Drooling Champion lest many, many napkins would have been provided. Possibly also a bib.

On the news the black man said the manager used a racial slur and referred to him as a "person" and that's why he is suing.

Man, I have went to McDonald's and no one gave me a napkin!!!

Who is wrong with America!!!

I'm ready to retire and let other Americans pay for my stuff, I want to be an artist.

Man, I have went to McDonald's and no one gave me a napkin!!!

Who is wrong with America!!!

I'm ready to retire and let other Americans pay for my stuff, I want to be an artist.

I want taxpayers to pay me to...
Well just sit here all day and do whatever it is I do here....
Isn't that fair?

Forum List

Back