Negro Sues McDonalds For 1.5 Million: "They Only Gave Me One Napkin" Citing Racism

He ordered one burger. Standard procedure is (and take it from me, I know because I actually work at McDonalds) ONE napkin per food item. He ordered ONE burger, he gets ONE napkin.

Although if he ordered at the counter, there should be a counter with napkins and straws for customers to help themselves. If you go through drive thru, ask for extra napkins.

On the news the black man said the manager used a racial slur and referred to him as a "person" and that's why he is suing.
They always say that. I guess they think it puts the fear into their victim so they'll be more likely to just pay them off. Fucking losers.

This lawsuit is absolutely insane, and no reasonable person would agree with this man for this insulting stunt. So, because he only got one napkin in his bag, he thinks he can sue for more than a million bucks on the grounds of racism? Dear Lord, what does it mean when they give him the wrong sandwich? I've not been given napkins, AND they've got my order mixed up. But you don't see me screaming and wailing racism while trying to steal over $1,000,000 in a screwed-up lawsuit. I wish judges could hold these kinds of losers in contempt of court, or hit them with fines for wasting precious time.

He may lose but it's against the law to discriminate based on race.
McDonalds should lose this case.

You are kidding, right?

He ordered one burger. Standard procedure is (and take it from me, I know because I actually work at McDonalds) ONE napkin per food item. He ordered ONE burger, he gets ONE napkin.

Although if he ordered at the counter, there should be a counter with napkins and straws for customers to help themselves. If you go through drive thru, ask for extra napkins.

:eusa_think:

To Easy.

:eusa_hand:

Hey, stop making sense.

Without the hot coffee lawsuit way back I'd laugh and say good luck with that, but because of stupid lawsuits resulting in actual judgements I guess I'll say sincerely, good luck with that. :)

Have you ever actually read the facts in the hot coffee lawsuit? It was not what we were led to believe by the media.

And....anyone can sue for anything in this country........doesn't mean they're gonna win, tho.

Which is exactly why we should implement a "loser pays" approach to civil law just the rest of the world.

The person has every right to counter sue.

Have you ever actually read the facts in the hot coffee lawsuit? It was not what we were led to believe by the media.

And....anyone can sue for anything in this country........doesn't mean they're gonna win, tho.

Which is exactly why we should implement a "loser pays" approach to civil law just the rest of the world.

The person has every right to counter sue.

Not always. Depends on the jurisdiction and especially once the matter is res judicata. In many cases, if you do try to counterclaim on the matter after it has been decided, the court will not reopen it.

Either way, your solution to too much litigious action, which costs taxpayers dearly, is even more litigious action.

Pass.

We should have loser pays just like every other country.

Without the hot coffee lawsuit way back I'd laugh and say good luck with that, but because of stupid lawsuits resulting in actual judgements I guess I'll say sincerely, good luck with that. :)

Read up on the hot coffee suit - she was right. From the first read, this man deserves to win as well.

But yes, there are some really stupid lawsuits filed and, amazingly, won.

op - piss off racist jerk.

`
These lawsuits should never see the light of day.
Unfortunately, judges have to hear these stupid cases. They have to endure the yammering of these whiny self entitled plaintiffs.
The coffee lady ended up with nothing but her pride. The lawyers got it all after the settlement was reduced to next to nothing.
Now, you will tell us WHY this individual deserves a fucking dime...
if it was me being sued, I'd do one of two things. One, tell the asshole's lawyer he can expect to buried in paper and motions for the next ten years. Or two, go to the asshole's house hand him a one hundred dollar bill and say, "if you have any idea what's to come your way, you'll take this and shut up."
Have at it.

".anyone can sue for anything in this country"
You do not see a problem with that?

And I can imagine just the type of attorney who took his case!

"One napkin?... That's totally inappropriate. It's lewd, lascivious, salacious, outrageous! "

Jackie_Chiles_in_The_Maestro_Seinfeld.JPG

McDonalds -- Man Sues for $1.5 MILLION ... They Only Gave Me One Napkin | TMZ.com

You are truly a slug.....

And his posts are his slime trail.

But to be fair, there are others here who write like they're worthless bags of ignorant, racist crap.

It's not the blacks who are the problem.

-

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
Who sasd anything about "the blacks" ( racist comment by you) being the problem?
The objection here is the seemingly unfettered access to litigation in an attempt to use the civil courts as a personal lottery terminal.
This is insane. It must end.
This plaintiff no more deserves to be paid than I do. Or you.
So when is your next lawsuit?

This lawsuit is absolutely insane, and no reasonable person would agree with this man for this insulting stunt. So, because he only got one napkin in his bag, he thinks he can sue for more than a million bucks on the grounds of racism? Dear Lord, what does it mean when they give him the wrong sandwich? I've not been given napkins, AND they've got my order mixed up. But you don't see me screaming and wailing racism while trying to steal over $1,000,000 in a screwed-up lawsuit. I wish judges could hold these kinds of losers in contempt of court, or hit them with fines for wasting precious time.

He may lose but it's against the law to discriminate based on race.

McDonalds should lose this case.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Where's the racism?...Getting one napkin is racist?
My, you have an elongated imagination.
Is it illegal to discriminate against flaming lib troublemakers? No? Good.
This suit gets tossed....And you lose.

Can you counter sue claiming damages brought on by being falsely accused of racism?

That would be fun :)

Unfortunately, one cannot countersue once the case has been ruled upon. However, if there is legal grounds ( standards or existing case law) one may countersue for cause.
One item that defendants once had in their arsenal was the SLAPP suit.
Generally, those type suits have been frowned upon. In some states, they are illegal.
The only recourse a defendant has is to appeal should he lose the suit. If in the case where the higher court overturns the ruling or jury award, the defendant may ask the court to rule legal fees be recoverable.
Under California law there are instances where attorney fees can be recovered.
One such condition is * Civil Code Section 3496: court may award prevailing party costs in certain nuisance cases.
That is California. In this case for example, if the defendant prevails in getting the suit thrown out, and the suit ruled a 'nuisance', the defendant is entitled to recover his attorney's fees from the plaintiff.
Here is a better explanation of that..
* Code of Civil Procedure Section 425.16(c): fee awards mandatory to defendants who prevail under anti-SLAPP statute and Section 425.18(f): plaintiffs who defeat motions are entitled to fee awards if the motion to strike is frivolous or solely intended to cause unnecessary delay.

Read up on the hot coffee suit - she was right. From the first read, this man deserves to win as well.

`

The alleged offender is Mexican American...a member of a minority and a protected class.
And by liberal decree, minorities cannot be racist...
You lose again.
Umm...."you people"?.......That's racist?
Oy vey....Is there nothing you wimps won't refer to as racist?
Here's a newsflash for ya.
When you people ( OOPS)....Scream racism is has the same effect as a blaring car alarm in a shopping center parking lot. Nobody cares. In fact most people just get annoyed.
So you can take your cries of racism and cram them in your brown eye.

Oh please.
The dumb bitch put a hot cup of coffee in her lap and tried to open it while driving. She spilled the coffee and got a lawyer to try her case.
12 whiny class envy assholes gave her money. The company appealed and that award went down to a cat piddle.

`

BTW, this gut was not harmed in any way. There is no negligence, no malice intent.

Apparently the jury didn't think McDonalds breaking the the law and selling scolding hot coffee and injuring someone is a stupid lawsuit.

There's a law somewhere mandating the temperature of beverages?
Holy shit. Where do you get this shit from.
Nice of you to leave out the important parts of the story.
The award was appealed and then dramatically reduced.
Stupid wench probably went through the $37 she ended up with after the lawyers laughed off their asses on their way to the bank.

Did you read the link?

I read the link. It's still a bullshit lawsuit. He couldn't work because of the "undue mental anguish" of not getting another napkin? Fuck this guy!

Yep....He's a lazy good for nothing gold digging slacker.

That lawsuit is going no where.
Crazy judgments are rare, about 1 in every 10,000 lawsuits that go to trial.
And it goes both ways. Try suing a doctor and winning. Most juries put them up to a different standard and treat them as Gods.
Myth is it is easy to win in court.

Forum List

Back