"Neglected by 'lazy' nurses"...

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Terrible, sad tale. And a cautionary note of the week for the advocates of National Healthcare as well. Though, truth be told, the poor man was failed by his government twice before his death, the national health and the police as well.

Neglected by 'lazy' nurses, Kane Gorny, 22, dying of thirst rang the police to beg for water | Mail Online
By Emily Andrews

A man of 22 died in agony of dehydration after three days in a leading teaching hospital.
Kane Gorny was so desperate for a drink that he rang police to beg for their help.
They arrived on the ward only to be told by doctors that everything was under control.
The next day his mother Rita Cronin found him delirious and he died within hours.
She said nurses had failed to give him vital drugs which controlled fluid levels in his body. 'He was totally dependent on the nurses to help him and they totally betrayed him.'

'They were lazy, careless and hadn't bothered to check his charts and see his medication was essential.'

His mother added: 'When I went back to the hospital I was told that all the nurses had been offered counselling as they were so traumatised, but nothing was offered to me.

The tragedy emerged a week after a report into hundreds of deaths at Stafford Hospital revealed the appalling quality of care given by many of the nurses.

"Detectives from the Homicide and Serious Crime Command are investigating..."

Forum List

Back