Need we remind the Republicans on Fox news how many ran for the GOP

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
Potus in 2016, What didn't they like about each other? Yep, saw K. Conway on Fox and Friends, has she forgot she was pro Cruz till he lost.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Republicans ▸ Jeb Bush. Ben Carson. Chris Christie. Ted Cruz. Carly Fiorina. Jim Gilmore. Lindsey Graham. Mike Huckabee. Bobby Jindal. John Kasich. George Pataki. Rand Paul. Rick Perry. Marco Rubio. Rick Santorum. Scott Walker.

https://ballotpedia.org/Republican_presidential_nomination,_2016

So now the other side has a clown car ... I hear this one pulls a bit to the left.

Clowncar_thumb%25255B1%25255D.png

I remember Fox News being critical of Trump before he was considered a serious candidate, and Republicans on USMB accusing them of sliding to the left. The moment he became a serious candidate Fox jumped on the bandwagon, and Trump supporters were suddenly cool with Fox again. :lol:

One of the worst responses I get when criticizing Trump is, "Would you rather Hillary be President?" You had FIFTEEN other options. This isn't a lesser of two evils situation.

I'm not sure the New York liberal with flexible morals was the lesser of 17 evils.

One of the worst responses I get when criticizing Trump is, "Would you rather Hillary be President?" You had FIFTEEN other options. This isn't a lesser of two evils situation.

I'm not sure the New York liberal with flexible morals was the lesser of 17 evils.

Perhaps not, but if the choice had been just Trump or Clinton, then Trump was the better choice.

Trump was the strongest candidate. The Democrats have no strong candidate. They change every few days. Remember when it was Betomania? Now its Kamalatoe. The Democrats are virulently anti American and it's hurting all of them.

Perhaps not, but if the choice had been just Trump or Clinton, then Trump was the better choice.

Except the choice wasn't Trump or Hillary for the first year of the campaign.

You are talking about the primaries, but the primaries were not the election. They were setting up the election.

Howard Schultz says he will run as an Independent...
Potus in 2016, What didn't they like about each other? Yep, saw K. Conway on Fox and Friends, has she forgot she was pro Cruz till he lost.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Republicans ▸ Jeb Bush. Ben Carson. Chris Christie. Ted Cruz. Carly Fiorina. Jim Gilmore. Lindsey Graham. Mike Huckabee. Bobby Jindal. John Kasich. George Pataki. Rand Paul. Rick Perry. Marco Rubio. Rick Santorum. Scott Walker.

Exactly! The Dems, by running Hellary, are as culpable for Trump becoming president as the Republicans are.

You are talking about the primaries, but the primaries were not the election. They were setting up the election.

My point is that the longest stretch of the campaign wasn't "Hillary or Trump". Yeah, it was pretty much Hillary on the Democrat's side, but the Republican's had SO many people to choose from. To say he was the only choice is ignoring the many months that 16 other people were running.

If the Dems would have had a real primary where votes were actually counted, then they may have gotten a nominee who could beat an Orange Clown.

My point is that the longest stretch of the campaign wasn't "Hillary or Trump". Yeah, it was pretty much Hillary on the Democrat's side, but the Republican's had SO many people to choose from. To say he was the only choice is ignoring the many months that 16 other people were running.

For independents who largely do not participate in primaries (and who ultimately select the president) they only had 2 choices. Republicans picked a giant Orange Clown, and Democrats selected the only person he could beat as their nominee.

Wow what a terrible group of people. And out of the dregs they had to pick the very worst one.

Trump was the one that staked out positions on the policies that Republican voters wanted.

Everyone else had to be dragged kicking and screaming to those positions, and that was not very convincing.

I understand your point, but in the end, your point is moot.

It is a moot point, but it was in response to the OP pointing out that Kellyanne Conway was a Cruz supporter. I don't think half the people who pretend to support Trump ever really wanted him to be President. It's similar to 2012's "anybody but Romney" primaries. And guess who won the primaries. The one guy nobody seemed to want to win the primaries.

The Republican party has been in a weird place for the past thirty years. They don't seem to like anybody they voted for. Bush Sr., Bush Jr., McCain, Romney... Yeah, they seem to like Trump now, but they also seemed to like all the others until after the fact.

It is a moot point, but it was in response to the OP pointing out that Kellyanne Conway was a Cruz supporter. I don't think half the people who pretend to support Trump ever really wanted him to be President. It's similar to 2012's "anybody but Romney" primaries. And guess who won the primaries. The one guy nobody seemed to want to win the primaries.

The Republican party has been in a weird place for the past thirty years. They don't seem to like anybody they voted for. Bush Sr., Bush Jr., McCain, Romney... Yeah, they seem to like Trump now, but they also seemed to like all the others until after the fact.

Republicans are fighting an uphill battle against an enemy that dominated the cultural landscape. We vote for leaders that we hope will fight for US, and we keep getting disappointed in the results.

Hence the victory of an outsider.

Republicans are fighting an uphill battle against an enemy that dominated the cultural landscape. We vote for leaders that we hope will fight for US, and we keep getting disappointed in the results.

Hence the victory of an outsider.

And given your past choices, why should anybody have faith in you this time around? Hell, aside from Trump, Republicans reelected everybody they claimed to hate in 2016. Half of them were selected for Trump's cabinet. The Republicans have no other "outsiders" lining up to run.

We vote for leaders that we hope will fight for US, and we keep getting disappointed in the results.

Republicans gave W. eight years. They supported McCain and Romney up until they lost. McCain and Romney aren't to blame. They were McCain and Romney up until the very end.

Forum List

Back